Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

cruel

Cipher
I wasn't aware that Infinite Wealth demo was provided to players who had bought and beaten Gaiden. Has anyone played it? Does it look promising?

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
It is somewhat unfortunate that the middle meat of Gaiden was fluff and only the first and latter chapters were of any worth; but it does have Kiryu ugly-crying with snot down his face over the the orphans at the end which is a nice meaningful departure/sendoff versus the one we got previously.

Ivan

Arcane
Had a mostly good time with Gaiden, I really loved the finale and felt the big baddie was on par with the series' best, particularly reminding me of Ryuji. Cons: the side quests are all handled via the handler, and you can spot the quality ones vrs the fedex ones pretty easily. I would have preferred they just had the story ones and done away with the lazy fetch quests/dress up ones.

Some favorites tracks:

Elttharion

Learned
GB4GyseaUAAJ_vX

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
I have just finished Gaiden. What can I say? With barely 30 hours of gameplay, this is a glorified DLC sold as a full game. What little there is isn't very good at all. Most of the Akame quests are pointless busywork, the cabaret is
rating_prosper.png
, Shishido is basically a gay version of Aizawa, and yet soymen are praising it to high heaven with how they cried with Kiryu during the ending or someshit. And the less is said about the Y8 demo the better. More milquetoast friendship is magic crap TB crap with le heckin' quirky jobberinos in a shitty-ass setting.

Nagoshi leaving has opened the gates of :majordecline:of which the shitty sales tactics behind Gaiden are just a foretaste.

Sentinel

Arcane
Has anyone managed to transfer Y7 GOG saves over to Steam successfully? I can't do it. Game gives me an error saying the save is from a newer version.

GloriousSoftHat

Literate
Has anyone managed to transfer Y7 GOG saves over to Steam successfully? I can't do it. Game gives me an error saying the save is from a newer version.
Knowing what RGG are like it wouldn't surprise me at all if the GOG version is legitimately a newer build than what's on Steam. A similar thing happened with Yakuza 3 and 4 if memory serves, where the GOG version has updated credits (with references to QLOC removed), despite QLOC still very much having been involved in that version.

It's worth mentioning that, despite it being removed from the GOG version, the Steam version, for whatever reason, still uses Denuvo.

As much as I absolutely *love* RGG as a developer, it does seem that they do very much abandon their old games the moment they move onto the next one, but then I suppose it helps them maintain their current release cadence.

GloriousSoftHat

Literate
Finished Man who retconned his name.

Game was pretty meh. But...

... The ending... I actually cried...:negative::negative:
Surprised you found the game to be meh, though to be fair there's a *lot* of re-used gameplay mechanics that might be wearing a bit thin if you've played every other entry in the series.

Agreed that the ending was excellent though - it's one of my favourites in the series though I'd admittedly also reluctant to recommend it to people because it's unlikely to have much emotional weight if you haven't played the 8 games that precede it...

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I have just finished Gaiden. What can I say? With barely 30 hours of gameplay, this is a glorified DLC sold as a full game. What little there is isn't very good at all. Most of the Akame quests are pointless busywork, the cabaret is
rating_prosper.png
, Shishido is basically a gay version of Aizawa, and yet soymen are praising it to high heaven with how they cried with Kiryu during the ending or someshit. And the less is said about the Y8 demo the better. More milquetoast friendship is magic crap TB crap with le heckin' quirky jobberinos in a shitty-ass setting.

Nagoshi leaving has opened the gates of :majordecline:of which the shitty sales tactics behind Gaiden are just a foretaste.
you too look like a chigyu consoomer

Modron

Arcane
So it seems like they added a small description to the Sujimon & Resort Bundle, verdict? It's just bonus stuff that will make the two game modes easier so get the deluxe edition instead: https://infinitewealth.sega.com/?lang=en
Assorted Outfit Pack - Customize your party's look with outfits & swimwear
Sujimon Battle & Special Resort Pack - Get legendary Sujimon, resort guests and special boosters
Yakuza CD Collection Pack - Increase your in-game playlist with classic karaoke tracks
$30 for some outfits, boosters, and music you can only listen to in your hideout which you'll never do besides maybe once.

Endemic

Arcane
rating_prosper.png

Longer release schedules would upset the Sega shareholders, I guess. :roll:

cruel

Cipher
I don't like it when publisher does something like this NG+ drama, but I never play NG+, and had $50 bucks to be used in BestBuy expiring soon - so I bought this after all. Not that I have something better to play at the moment. Good to see those 9/10 reviews, hopefully the game will arrive on Friday.

BTW, it sucks donkey balls to have all the games from certain studio in one topic, instead of a dedicated game thread. It only creates a mess if someone wants to get information specific to a certain game only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom