Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime RPGs where you can murder NPCs?

lefthandblack

Arcane
Skyrim is the best rape/murder simulator ever conceived with the right mods. Oblivion the same but with less/different options. KCD is really good too as others have mentioned. Not an rpg but I used to enjoy killing absolutely everyone in the Thief series.

Im currently murdering in Cyberpunk: A fun thing to do is steal a big vehicle and then cruise the highways until you find a dangerhair in a smaller vehicle; you can pit them off of the road and into walls or other cars until the vehicle is disabled then either just kill them or repeatedly ram the vehicle until it explodes (which takes way longer than it should in a game). Unfortunately your trigger finger becomes paralyzed if you try to kill certain NPC's or children.

Last edited:

Smerlus

Educated
In The Outer Worlds youre allowed to kill any of the bland NPCs but the problem is you have to use bland combat to do it so there is little pay off.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Skyrim is the best rape/murder simulator ever conceived with the right mods. Oblivion the same but with less/different options. KCD is really good too as others have mentioned. Not an rpg but I used to enjoy killing absolutely everyone in the Thief series.

Im currently murdering in Cyberpunk: A fun thing to do is steal a big vehicle and then cruise the highways until you find a dangerhair in a smaller vehicle; you can pit them off of the road and into walls or other cars until the vehicle is disabled then either just kill them or repeatedly ram the vehicle until it explodes (which takes way longer than it should in a game). Unfortunately your trigger finger becomes paralyzed if you try to kill certain NPC's or children.

Codex Year of the Donut
In The Outer Worlds youre allowed to kill any of the bland NPCs but the problem is you have to use bland combat to do it so there is little pay off.
Also creates the funny situation where the writer didn't want to allow you to offend lesbians through dialogue(writer's own words) but you can just kill them instead, because she had no control over the actual design.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
In Temple of Elemental Evil there is a brothel in Nulb(cut from the original game, but restored with the Co8 mod).
Can you guess what you can do to the prostitutes there? Especially if party alignment is Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil.
George R.R. Martin would be proud.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Joking aside, but is there any cRPG that allows you to kill major plot-related NPC (optional quests that involve this aside) and have actual consequences on further gameplay?

Not counting Morrowind, which just informs you that you can still play, but will be unable to finish the gaem.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Joking aside, but is there any cRPG that allows you to kill major plot-related NPC (optional quests that involve this aside) and have actual consequences on further gameplay?

Not counting Morrowind, which just informs you that you can still play, but will be unable to finish the gaem.
The Souls games, starting with Demon's Souls in 2009, have allowed the player-character to kill NPCs, not limited to optional quests though sometimes these exist if the player wants to pursue them. Although the Maiden in Black revives when killed, this is not true for anyone else. In Dark Souls I and II, anyone can be killed, even the Emerald Herald in Dark Souls II who otherwise fills a similar function to the Maiden in Black for levelling up the player-character, although Dark Souls III returns to having the Fire Keeper (another Maiden in Black analogue) revive when killed.

How has nobody mentioned the IE games? In all of them, I think the only immortal NPCs are children and Tethtoril in Baldur's Gate 1 and Cespenar in Throne of Bhaal. Some might be exceedingly difficult to kill because they have stats or abilities outside of the rules, but still killable by the clever and determined player.

CHEMS

Scholar
Everyone giving the edgy rating as if no one here never went full genocidal murder hobo

You hypocrites :decline:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I think you can kill literally everyone in Gothic 1 and still beat the game. Or at least you can do it after you get the stuff you need for the last boss.

huskarls

Scholar
I found the difficulty in ToEE lacking, but clearing the town was way harder than the dungeon

Victor1234

Educated
In Unreal World if you find building your own cabin too tedious, it's possible to go into a small village with your party (or by yourself I guess, but you'll probably die like that), start a fight, kill everyone (including women, children and dogs) and just move in to one of their houses. As a bonus, their storehouses are usually full of trade goods and preserved food.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Like the early Ultimas, Questron Series(+LOA/LOBS) is a murderhobo dream esp if you hate YELLOW GUARDS.

questronwontoomuch.PNG

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dark Souls 2 lets you kill all NPCs, including the lady who levels you up and the sellers. To interact with them after you've killed them, you have to donate quite a lot of souls at their tombstone.
I accidentally hit her when I first met her because I clicked the left mouse button, wanting to interact with her, but it made me swing my sword :M

Luckily it didn't kill her.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
In KotC 2, you can murder a lot of NPC and rob them.
Upstairs from the Inn, in the southern cave, in the spider's cave and in the dungeon, everyone is fair game with a few exceptions.

In Dungeon Rats, NPC can be killed or hired, most of the time both.

Fargus

Arcane
Fallout 2 massacring New Reno never gets old. Or junkie fucks in Den. Or sawing chinkoids with gatling laser in San Fran etc.
Arcanum barbarian playthrough was the most prone to violence. Though you can just throw fighting words around making npcs butthurt and killing them.
New Vegas Stephen Paddock playtrhough. Get vilified rep on Strip.
Fable 1-2. Behave like moustache villain. Npcs wll fucking squirm like youre evil incarnate when you massacre enough of them.
Gothic games.
Deus Ex because immersive sims just take it to a different level. And you napalm lil shites and their junkie parents.
Morrowind having fun with custom nuclear spells or just messing with paralizis.
Bloodlines. Mass murdering californians and drinking their aids blood. Masquerade violation never gets old.

Not RPG:
RDR2 very fun to massacre people and beat niggers.
TWD Saints and Sinners if you have VR. This game is something.
Prey 2017. Kill everyone playthrough is fun. You can space a nigger.
Dishonored. Also fun.
Postal 2. Nuff said. Classic.
Kingpin. That old edgy quake engine shooter where you can call people bad words and murder them. You mum probably hated that game.

Eh, missed the part about stealth. Meh.
Then Bethesda hiking sims.
Fallout 2.
Gothic games.
New Vegas.
Deus Ex.
Bloodlines.

Or you can just fuck around in Hitman and Dishonored games.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom