Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Islands of the Caliph

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I remember my first playthrough of Darklands. Every travelling priest who demanded money from me, I would tell him to get lost, and then he would curse me and I would lose a little hp and mana and I thought "It'll just come back in a few days." Then after playing through hours and hours of the game I realized my guys were really weak and they could barely carry their armor. That's when I realized all those damn priests were cursing my permanent stats. Those bastards.

Anyway. Interesting to see a religious-centered game not based on Christianity and that doesn't have you shouting allahu akbar as you kill people.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
No wonder I didn’t like Darklands…. Fucking tyrannical priests. Now if killing them gave me power then it’d be a “AWESOME! FUCK YEAH!”

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Only skimmed the review because it's extremely wordy (more like an analysis) but this is a hard nope.

"Retro-pixel art" (that never existed)
No party creation
Automap
No elaborate dungeons
Review does not contain the word "puzzle" :|

This is no Eye of the Beholder. Reminds me of Legends of Amberwald which I dutifully played through, and although it was kinda cute, I found it shallow and boring.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Only skimmed the review because it's extremely wordy (more like an analysis) but this is a hard nope.

"Retro-pixel art" (that never existed)
No party creation
Automap
No elaborate dungeons
Review does not contain the word "puzzle" :|

This is no Eye of the Beholder. Reminds me of Legends of Amberwald which I dutifully played through, and although it was kinda cute, I found it shallow and boring.
ever since Darth Roxor has found some tattered english dictionary he's decided to torture everyone around with it everytime he wishes to say anything
thankfully he smells bad so people don't stick around til the end of the sentence most often

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What words is Foxy Loxy finding difficult to follow from the Rat Lord? God damn furries squeaking and yipping on the forum.

Dr1f7

Scholar
game looks sick, and great review!
:bro:
added to my wishlist, just under "aura: hentai cards"

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmm…. Aura hentai cards?

Fuck no. I’m out.

And this is why….

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The Codex was always about semantics, but well, if there's a single character, and 1) the plot doesn't revolve around fighting an invasion of, say, Acid Blobs; or 2) that character isn't protected by a blob of some holy aura or whatever, there is just no motivation to use a name with 'blob' at its core -- it doesn't really describe anything that's relevant to the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom