Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This isn't the first time I've heard complaints about womynz bosses. Do any of you motherfuckers recognise this face

Deidranna.PNG

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
/vrpg/ is laughing at us again codexbros... our response???

24gkt2.png
Getting dunked on by 4chan. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Dunked how? By posting a paragraph that everything in it is factually wrong. :lol: The thread for JA3 is 100+ pages, mechanics are pretty much the same depth and only retards that think Soulds games or Witcher 3 are RPGs say JA is not.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So just tried JA3 . Ah, in the first minute of JA3, a disclaimer about stereotypes... ouch, you already know what they mean by that and apologizing in advance, then strong women bosses... Yeah, this one clearly isn't woke either.
Better a "sorry if you're offended" than changing the writing to not offend.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So just tried JA3 . Ah, in the first minute of JA3, a disclaimer about stereotypes... ouch, you already know what they mean by that and apologizing in advance, then strong women bosses... Yeah, this one clearly isn't woke either.

I actually argued that it is mildly woke we have Harthwain to blame for it not being counted as woke though. (whom I understand to really not be woke btw.)

Not that you and your Ilk are honest enough to identify it correctly what woke is, everything and nothing is so that people can simply never say anything.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister

I actually argued that it is mildly Vote we have Harthwain to blame for it not being counted as woke though. (whom I understand to really not be woke btw.)

Not that you and your Ilk are honest enough to identify it correctly what woke is, everything and nothing is so that people can simply never say anything.
Uh-huh... My original point:

Bro, you're asking me? You're the one who put these two attitudes together... My point was that it is hard to take the game as woke when it has "evil female mechanics" and sexist characters (who are not woke by definition). You try to sell sexist characters as part of woke agenda, but sexist characters were part of the Jagged Alliance series so you're either misinformed or biased if you are using that as the foundation for your claim. I could be wrong, of course, but what I have seen so far didn't inspire confidence.

And an extra opinion:
She is a secondary Villain
There is absolutely no sense in which she is a secondary villain. To win the game there are three people you need to shoot in the face until they surrender, and Corazon is one of them. You're just pretending she's less important with no justification whatsoever because she doesn't fit your retarded narrative.

So if she were the main Villain, how does that change the rest of my explanation as to why I think Jagged alliance 3 is woke? Have you read the paragraph?
I have, I picked this point because it's very easily proven wrong and shows that you're lying through your teeth. I'm not bothering with the rest of them because it's pointless. Twiglard won't remove a point already on the list because someone with the wrong opinions asks him to, and fortunately the entire idea of the list is so monumentally retarded that it'll never be implemented anyway.

By the way, the two best mechanics in the game are 1 man and 1 woman. The 4 best mechanics in the game are 2 men and 2 women. But by all means keep lying to get random games on this pointless list. I just wanted to point out to the people ITT that you're lying, because I like the game.
I wasn't exactly your fan before, but seeing such open display of dishonesty is something else. By the way, my and others opinion aside, it was Twiglard who made the final call (as he was the one to curate the list). I'd claim it says something about the quality of your arguments when more people than just me disagreed with it.

That's rich, coming from a guy who contradicted himself.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

Yes, Twiglard has the last say on things, but you honestly want to tell me and others that you did not argue in favor of not deeming the game woke?

There is absolutely no dishonesty going on here. We *two* argued back and forth on this topic it does not matter if someone else did as well. So not only did I not contradict myself but I really don't care if you are fan of me because you misunderstand my posts, jesus.

Grauken is so butthurt he links this thread on the steam forums to tell others i have supposedly pirated the game, Jesus.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Better a "sorry if you're offended" than changing the writing to not offend.
I hope so, but that doesn't make a good first impression. It's like that WotC documentary about the 50 years of D&D where they apologize all the time for the "horrors" of the past.

Harthwain

Magister
Yes, Twiglard has the last say on things, but you honestly want to tell me and others that you did not argue in favor of not deeming the game woke?
Don't try to make any conclusions. You're shit at it. First of all - my main point was that you were contradicting yourself. If you want to make a case, then at least use the correct arguments for that. That's all. Secondly - Twiglard was making the call, so why trying to put the blame on me? And why trying to make it sounds like I was the only one to disagree with your nonsensical takes (as evidenced by the quote above)? Make better arguments next time and I am sure they'll be taken into consideration. It is that simple.

There is absolutely no dishonesty going on here.
Yeah, right. Because that attempt on your part to frame me was completely fair.

We *two* argued back and forth on this topic it does not matter if someone else did as well.
"If a single person says you're drunk you can ignore that. If two people say you're drunk, you might start to worry". It's pretty dumb to pretend like this isn't a public forum, where everyone can partake.

So not only did I not contradict myself but I really don't care if you are fan of me because you misunderstand my posts, jesus.
You're lying through your teeth, Judas. Not my words, by the way, but I can 100% back them up now. Either that or you're so confused you can't tell reality from your own imagination (not uncommon on the Codex, truth to be told). At least try to avoid throwing mud at other people when you're in that state though.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I love how they cite no sources and present no evidence.

Are we really trying to argue that most video games writers are failed novelists?
Even fairly successful ones have been known to slum it from time to time: https://www.mobygames.com/person/2865/orson-scott-card/
Even astoundingly-successful science-fiction authors have been known to slum it in computer games from time to time: https://www.mobygames.com/person/16106/harlan-ellison/

3969917-harlan-ellison-i-have-no-mouth-and-i-must-scream-dos-front-cover.jpg
3970119-harlan-ellison-i-have-no-mouth-and-i-must-scream-dos-back-cover.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I love how they cite no sources and present no evidence.

Are we really trying to argue that most video games writers are failed novelists?
Even fairly successful ones have been known to slum it from time to time: https://www.mobygames.com/person/2865/orson-scott-card/
Even astoundingly-successful science-fiction authors have been known to slum it in computer games from time to time: https://www.mobygames.com/person/16106/harlan-ellison/

3969917-harlan-ellison-i-have-no-mouth-and-i-must-scream-dos-front-cover.jpg
3970119-harlan-ellison-i-have-no-mouth-and-i-must-scream-dos-back-cover.jpg

Ellison is a godlike voice actor. You could tell he really enjoyed being an all powerful misanthropic AI.

I should redownload this.

gogis

Scholar

Dunked how? By posting a paragraph that everything in it is factually wrong. :lol: The thread for JA3 is 100+ pages, mechanics are pretty much the same depth and only retards that think Soulds games or Witcher 3 are RPGs say JA is not.

Sure thing buddy.

So what game mechanics have more depth in JA2? In before 1.13 :positive:
Weapon ranges. Took me 5s.
Both games have weapon ranges. Care to elaborate?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
/vrpg/ is laughing at us again codexbros... our response???

24gkt2.png
Getting dunked on by 4chan. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

It is well known in codex lore that ja2 is not an RPG because laptop guy does not have stats. I have not played JA3, so I cannot comment on whether it is an RPG or not.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Sure thing buddy.

So what game mechanics have more depth in JA2? In before 1.13 :positive:
Weapon ranges. Took me 5s.
Both games have weapon ranges. Care to elaborate?
Ja3 weapons have noticeable shorter range for weapons making it play more unrealistic. As a result melee is also way too good even in situations that are not night and sneaking.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Ja3 weapons have noticeable shorter range for weapons making it play more unrealistic. As a result melee is also way too good even in situations that are not night and sneaking.

Presuming that is correct, does that make the combat more or less complex? because realism is not depth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom