Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Wrath of the Righteous was pretty much on par with baldurs gate as far as being completely insufferable in all aspects so that before you even get to the gameplay part, you already hate it. larian and owlcat should team up to make the ultimate game for girls and weirdos.

Steal the Deus Ex ip but set it in a high school, where a nerdy girl or trans fbi agent has to infiltrate and unravel a conspiracy in the administration to rig the prom king/queen vote. There will of course be many hunky boys to build relationships with through branching dialogue trees and maybe some combat sometimes. Skills may include makeup, smooching, flirting and acrobatics. Call it Deus Ex: Remastered.

That one's free, if any studios want more of my ideas it'll cost you big time.

This particular horrible mashup of anime, Duesex and Persona high school stuff would likely result in a few of our residents spontaneously combusting. :lol:

Kickstarter when?

I'm so stealing this.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Wrath of the Righteous was pretty much on par with baldurs gate as far as being completely insufferable in all aspects so that before you even get to the gameplay part, you already hate it. larian and owlcat should team up to make the ultimate game for girls and weirdos.

Steal the Deus Ex ip but set it in a high school, where a nerdy girl or trans fbi agent has to infiltrate and unravel a conspiracy in the administration to rig the prom king/queen vote. There will of course be many hunky boys to build relationships with through branching dialogue trees and maybe some combat sometimes. Skills may include makeup, smooching, flirting and acrobatics. Call it Deus Ex: Remastered.

This particular horrible mashup of anime, Duesex and Persona high school stuff would likely result in a few of our residents spontaneously combusting. :lol:

Kickstarter when?

I'm so stealing this.
your KS demo should be sneaking through vents directly into the locker room...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
merc.png

Congrats to the winners, especially Jagged Alliance 3 which took a surprise & deserved first place this year.

yeye

Augur
I didn't get to vote this year, but 2023 was a wonderful year for cRPG's.
It's a shame Rogue Trader released right at the end of the year because I think it could be higher with a couple months of patching.
Surprised Phantom Liberty isn't higher too, it was great. But I agree, expansions shouldn't win in such a stacked year.

Every time these GOTY votes come around I think of the dark days of the 00's, and how much better things are now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't get to vote this year, but 2023 was a wonderful year for cRPG's.
It's a shame Rogue Trader released right at the end of the year because I think it could be higher with a couple months of patching.
Surprised Phantom Liberty isn't higher too, it was great. But I agree, expansions shouldn't win in such a stacked year.

Every time these GOTY votes come around I think of the dark days of the 00's, and how much better things are now.
It had zero good RPG releases but shit like BG3, D4, Starfield. And I count RT as 2024 because what they released in 2023 was alpha and now at start of 2024 it is finally beta. 2023 will be remembered as one of the worst RPG years in recent history (unless you are a filthy casual).

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

ArchAngel

Arcane
If any of you came here because some devs posted here a few times you are just bitches and cucks.
If you are here because you got shit to sling at bad games and devs and you know you will be allowed to do it you are true chads.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded

Cuckdex legit got buck broken by a gay bear.
Pathfinder is woke af writing wise, OF COURSE cRPGs based on PF PNP campaigns are woke as hell. Modern D&D is woke as fuck. Modern videogame writers are people with literature degree from 4 years ago, and if you haven't been asleep for the last 100 years you know exactly what kind of person graduates with a degree in literature, fails as a writer for literature graduates, then fails as a genre fiction writer and then ends up writing for videogames or p&p RPG's - that person took all the racial/sexual agitation seriously, edit and expresses it with no subtlety end of edit there's no other way for them to survive university otherwise. As such you can assume that this is how these games are and now have the following options:
a) enjoy whatever qualities these new games have despite the reality mentioned above
b) enjoy 1990's version of the exact same thing(all the games you love are liberal and written by smug atheists, if you can't see it you're the exact kind of person who brought all the shit you're complaining about into this world)
c) scout for indies that weren't made by complete degenerates and don't engage with "bigger" releases
d) stop gaming all together, play MYFAROG PNP, but that probably means you don't have much reason to post outside of gazebo either

I'm legit wondering whether I should just make an entire thread to mock the absolute state of cuckdex these days, this shit is gnawing on me for some months now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom