Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Falksi

Arcane
lol look at this faggot Grauken votes for a laugh

put me back on ignore list already
lol look at this newbie faggot trying to be so hip and edgy
this newbie, whose main genre isn't even RPGs, actually contributes to incline. you need to get on my level
I'm guessing your main genre is Retard-em-ups.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

this newbie, whose main genre isn't even RPGs, actually contributes to incline. you need to get on my level
I play Counterstrike first and foremost, because my body, brain, hand eye coordination, etc. isn't decaying like the rest of you and I can keep up.

The rest of my game time is spent on RPGs, and contributing to incline while your family is raped by pakis and you're posting on GD/politics

Falksi

Arcane

I play Counterstrike first and foremost, because my body, brain, hand eye coordination, etc. isn't decaying like the rest of you and I can keep up.

The rest of my game time is spent on RPGs, and contributing to incline while your family is raped by pakis and you're posting on GD/politics
Impressed your playing Counterstrike with your body. Saucy.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

I play your mom with my body

Falksi

Arcane

I play your mom with my body
So long as you put her back in her grave when you're finished, that's fine by me.

Just hope you use protection.

Disco Elysium is an amazing way to get lost in the story of someone in a destructive life style and destroy your soul through heart break. Everyone should play it the way I did. I played endgame by bringing my laptop up to the roof terrace of my building, while the sun was just coming up, after a night of going out drinking.

It's still not an RPG though and shouldn't be on the GOTY list, like the majority of this years list.

the hobby was destroyed well before DE.

if there's more than 0.1% of females (those females being the highest level of autist) then it is already in danger.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
people don't understand just how legitimately dangerous shit like DE is to our hobby. I can very well see a grim future where people think combat and gameplay in RPGs is "optional", and that any story that doesn't have 'political undercurrents' is not sophisticated.

We were warned.

And it didn't happen. Don't see any copycats for... what is it since DE released? 5 years ago? The commie devs looks like are going out of business even. :lol: Game looks like CYOA (started it just last week so I may be wrong), something that is not even that far from RPGs. The second part about "political undercurrents" can't be in good faith pinned on DE, a game released in 2019, that's ridiculous.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
people don't understand just how legitimately dangerous shit like DE is to our hobby. I can very well see a grim future where people think combat and gameplay in RPGs is "optional", and that any story that doesn't have 'political undercurrents' is not sophisticated.

We were warned.

And it didn't happen. Don't see any copycats for... what is it since DE released? 5 years ago? The commie devs looks like are going out of business even. :lol: Game looks like CYOA (started it just last week so I may be wrong), something that is not even that far from RPGs. The second part about "political undercurrents" can't be in good faith pinned on DE, a game released in 2019, that's ridiculous.
There's Sovereign Syndicate that was clearly inspired by Disco Elysium. That's all from what I can recall.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist

We were warned.
Disco has had demonstrably little impact on RPG development beyond a handful of indie imitators. The prevailing dichotomy of the 2020s, at least as far as Codex is concerned, is between Turn-Based Tactics (Wasteland 3, Jagged Alliance 3) and exploration centric 3D Action games (Archolos, Elden Ring).

Butter

Arcane
Patron

We were warned.
Disco has had demonstrably little impact on RPG development beyond a handful of indie imitators. The prevailing dichotomy of the 2020s, at least as far as Codex is concerned, is between Turn-Based Tactics (Wasteland 3, Jagged Alliance 3) and 3D Action games (Archolos, Elden Ring).
Damn, you're making the 2020s sound kinda prestigious.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Disco has had demonstrably little impact on RPG development beyond a handful of indie imitators.
Not for lack of effort though. We're lucky the studio is melting down from incompetence. Not to mention all the other games signaling woke aesthetics, but that's a different argument.

I don't actually think BG3 is a bad game in the end, it's just boring. It's full of things I don't care about and I can't comprehend Sven's kitchen sink world design. It is a nice vindication for turn-based combat though, not to mention plenty of C&C.

It's embarrassing when a mainstream AAA RPG beloved by normies has more tactical and story freedom than an Iron Tower game.

std::namespace

It's a skewed normal distribution. Not even close to all "natural" distributions will be normally distributed. If there's reason for it being skewed it'll show skewed.
its literally mathematically impossible to mangle this
UUJfUju.png
to get it to resemble the picture, you fucking pseudo intellectual moron.
also thx cpt obvious sherlock: distri is different for a reason hurr durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :retard:

It's showing that BG3 was votebombed by people who joined in like 2022/2023, and that people who joined earlier were generally more likely to vote it 4 or 5?
you cant tell that by that graph
but you can with this one:
HP1cvbz.png

ropetight

Savant
What a glorious thread!
Almost as the one where MCA was or wasn't gay.
Everybody in the unison celebrating 2023. RPGCodex GOTY, Jagged Alliance 3!
What a sight to behold, what a time to be alive!

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is shitty vote. You basically put RT that had like 2 weeks to fix its shitty release vs BG3 that had almost 6 months for the same.. remove RT from this fake vote and leave it for 2024 vote.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
The real hardcore pipe-hittin' knee-breakin' ass niggaz know that Hero's Adventure was the best rpg of the year of our Lord, 2023.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jagged Alliance has never been and will never be an rpg. So basically BG3 still wins and you're all fucking retards.

Also I blame myself for not voting.
It's still RPG-ish enough, but yes, BG3 is the clear winner. Strangely, I do not see THQ Nordic tweeting about this victory. Could it be that they don't want to be affiliated with these gentlemen?

Irminsul

Literate
The absolute butthurt of the BG3 fans for it not winning after they were almost bursting in anticipation of the butthurt when it wins is truly ironic.
Sounds hilarious, where can I find it?
At your service.
I increased my vote for BG3 to 5, in hopes that it drives some Codexers to self harm.
The results of the poll will be glorious. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in butthurt. Can't wait!
The results of the poll will be glorious. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in butthurt. Can't wait!
So many millions died already in those past years, over and over and over again, every single time. Can't wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom