Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

Iucounu

Educated
you could have added the game in the game suggestions for the GOTY poll.
I was expecting someone to add games like Amnesia: The Bunker, that I have read good things about on this very forum (didn't want to add it myself, since I haven't played it).

Could it be that the poll is hijacked by shills and indiscriminate day one-consumers; while prestigious gamers don't rush to buy the latest games, and thus don't care about voting on them?

Iucounu

Educated
Well, I voted for the one game I played from last year (Caves of Lore).

What a year.
Well, the fact you played 1 game from 2023 tells more about you than about 2023.
Only good things, I hope? I only played one game in 2023 (The Long Dark, which I started in 2022 and is still playing now in 2024). What's the rush to play new releases, have you already played all games released in previous years?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What's the rush to play new releases, have you already played all games released in previous years?
It's impossible to play all new releases even if you only cover a niche of a niche, so most people tend to pick and choose. Though picking an open-world survival game with crafting as the only game to play is the opposite of prestigious

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

What a year.
Well, the fact you played 1 game from 2023 tells more about you than about 2023.
Only good things, I hope? I only played one game in 2023 (The Long Dark, which I started in 2022 and is still playing now in 2024). What's the rush to play new releases, have you already played all games released in previous years?
Well, those that I buy I also play.

I'm to stingy with money to actually not use what I bought. (unless it's shit but at this point, using gog, you can give it back so.)

Ladonna

Arcane

What a year.

Just busy with family, business, etc etc. Apart from a run through Half Life again for something different, I have been playing through Kingdom Come, then stopping for a while whenever something comes out that I just have to play. Caves of Lore was the last game, and prior to that, Nox Archaist and Realms of Antiquity. I'm way behind catching up on the latest games.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Screenshot-2024-02-19-164629.png

Beg your pardon?

Iucounu

Educated
picking an open-world survival game with crafting as the only game to play is the opposite of prestigious
It's very prestigious, because I enjoy playing it. Other games will have to wait, even if they are good. I have a long backlog, and will likely never catch up with current year releases. It would take a sensationally good new game to make me put everything else aside for it.

Surely you're not suggesting that it's prestigious to play as many new games as possible, just so that you can boast about the accomplishment on forums? Only exception would be for game journalists, whose job it is to review games.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Surely you're not suggesting that it's prestigious to play as many new games as possible

No, and you have to be a moron to get that from what I've said. Chose and pick I said, not play everything you can.

As for not being prestigious, survival craft bullshit-games are a cancer on games, that's why I disdain that you play that shit

Shaki

Arbiter
Surely you're not suggesting that it's prestigious to play as many new games as possible

No, and you have to be a moron to get that from what I've said. Chose and pick I said, not play everything you can.

As for not being prestigious, survival craft bullshit-games are a cancer on games, that's why I disdain that you play that shit
Funny considering that your favourite RPG of 2023 is massively influenced by this type of games

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Funny considering that your favourite RPG of 2023 is massively influenced by this type of games
It's not, are you retarded?

Shaki

Arbiter

Literally everything is designed around haha le funny co-op sandbox in both BG3 and 99% of survival craft sandbox genre, there is a reason why normies fucking love these type of games, and also loved BG3.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Literally everything is designed around haha le funny co-op sandbox in both, there is a reason why normies fucking love these type of open-world sandbox games, and also loved BG3.

A wiser person would've left the question unanswered rather than emphatically confirm the affirmative.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My list of rpgs released every year is final, and no amount of complaining will help. The list is created via dictatorship, and democracy is not even an option. (Felipe did add some games that I did not have, and that's up to him. It also misses both Like A Dragon games, but such is life.)
butthurt-dontgetbutthurt.gif

Shaki

Arbiter

Literally everything is designed around haha le funny co-op sandbox in both, there is a reason why normies fucking love these type of open-world sandbox games, and also loved BG3.

A wiser person would've left the question unanswered rather than emphatically confirm the affirmative.
Imagine BearGay3 fanboy talking about wisdom, it's like a whore talking about purity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom