Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2022 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

tindrli

Arcane
its shamefull how few RPG-s i played this year. Worst of all i see those titles from the list and i don't even wish to play it

Are "DIDN'T PLAY" votes also registered? I'm curious about how many people actually played games from 2022 already, and how many simply haven't touched any 2022 titles yet.
There is simply too much volume. I don't even know that an adolescent with a credit card would have enough time to keep up.

It's very rare that I've played a game in the polls simply because I deliberately hold off playing just about any game until after a year post-release. Then there are reviews and wikis for me to better evaluate it, better pricing, most bugs are squashed, content is completed, and mods exist. I noticed this trend back around 2008-2009, even when I had the time. Staying a year behind also helps out with hardware too.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Just Ctrl + F and enter the first letters of an RPG you know or have played. Does not matter if there are 10 or 10 000 items on the list.

Though, I would like to see a shortlist of sorts prepared by a select committee of codexers. Like an RPG Jury.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Bit of a rough year. I played four from that list. Gave three of them 2's. And gave Zorbus a lazy 5.

notpl

Arbiter
Are "DIDN'T PLAY" votes also registered? I'm curious about how many people actually played games from 2022 already, and how many simply haven't touched any 2022 titles yet.
There is simply too much volume. I don't even know that an adolescent with a credit card would have enough time to keep up.

It's very rare that I've played a game in the polls simply because I deliberately hold off playing just about any game until after a year post-release. Then there are reviews and wikis for me to better evaluate it, better pricing, most bugs are squashed, content is completed, and mods exist. I noticed this trend back around 2008-2009, even when I had the time. Staying a year behind also helps out with hardware too.
Well you're now being informed that Potato Flowers in Full Bloom was the best RPG of 2022, and it's less than $20 and runs on any hardware made in the past decade or so. No excuses, really.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just Ctrl + F and enter the first letters of an RPG you know or have played. Does not matter if there are 10 or 10 000 items on the list.

Though, I would like to see a shortlist of sorts prepared by a select committee of codexers. Like an RPG Jury.

I think there's already enough corruption on the Codex, don't you?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I think there's already enough corruption on the Codex, don't you?
Agreed. We must put an end to the kobold agenda, posthaste!

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I only played King Arthur. Which is p gud, but also not really something I consider an rpg. So I won't be voting, again.

Also, a real lot of cope and wojakwearingasmugmask.jpgs itt, but those nu-polls filled to the brim with asian shovelware, non-rpgs and literal, not funny in an ironic way trash look stupid as hell and make you not want to vote on principle.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
For a game that's supposed to be GOTY according to people, I can't even find its thread. I'm talking about KotC2. I had some questions I want to ask, but there's no thread. And threads with questions usually get 3-4 replies. Such goty.

Also CTRL+F in the RPG section with "kotc" or "knight" yields only 1 result: king arthur knight's tale. Nobody's even talking about it. Meanwhile harry potter: an 84 pages thread.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For a game that's supposed to be GOTY according to people, I can't even find its thread. I'm talking about KotC2. I had some questions I want to ask, but there's no thread. And threads with questions usually get 3-4 replies. Such goty.

Also CTRL+F in the RPG section with "kotc" or "knight" yields only 1 result: king arthur knight's tale. Nobody's even talking about it. Meanwhile harry potter: an 84 pages thread.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/knights-of-the-chalice-2-thread-augury-of-chaos.86951/ 320 pages!

Tyrion8338

Novice
I can already see Elden Shit beating out one of the greatest RPGs ever made, Knights of the Chalice 2. Tragic.
It should. Sorry, but I'm not paying $45 for a sequel that looks worse than the original.
from what I`ve read kotc2 has a lot of problems, terrible balance, most of classes are useless, poor encounter design etc. Dosnt sound like anything close to great rpg.

What`s about kotc2 and few people her pushing it as new wonder of the world while reviews are really mixed point to it being medicore and flawed game, is it some irrational feeling of gratitude because that game dev posted here?!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can already see Elden Shit beating out one of the greatest RPGs ever made, Knights of the Chalice 2. Tragic.
It should. Sorry, but I'm not paying $45 for a sequel that looks worse than the original.
from what I`ve read kotc2 has a lot of problems, terrible balance, most of classes are useless, poor encounter design etc. Dosnt sound like anything close to great rpg.

Most of the classes have been fixed now. Some are still better than others, but it isn't a Sawyer game at the end of the day.

A lot of encounters are still very reliant on initiative rolls, though Pierre has improved some of the worst offenders.

Also, I'm just going to make the point Dorateen's Hearkenwold module has great encounter design (and much more of a focus on low-mid level play) if Pierre's Augury module isn't to taste.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There are posts of me complaining about KotC 2's aesthetic/graphics compared to KotC 1 so I can understand that complaint, but once you actually play the game the tokens and art style grow on you.

Here is a little test. Did you play KotC 1? And if you did, will you at least admit that it is a far superior game to Elden Shit?

Most of the classes have been fixed now. Some are still better than others, but it isn't a Sawyer game at the end of the day.

A lot of encounters are still very reliant on initiative rolls, though Pierre has improved some of the worst offenders.

Also, I'm just going to make the point Dorateen's Hearkenwold module has great encounter design (and much more of a focus on low-mid level play) if Pierre's Augury module isn't to taste.
I can't speak to the games early development. I always patiently wait for a game to be fully polished/fix before I play it. There are a ton of classes, and while some are better than others, you can build many of them so that they will be useful at even the highest difficulty till the end of the game. Sure at the highest difficulty you will have to reload a few times until you win initiative, but that is a necessary part of the D&D system to keep encounters challenging and interesting. Plus, Tac already mentioned Hearkenwold, and there is the editor itself which has a ton of potential. Go play the game, and if you don't like it, get better taste.

Mortmal

Arcane

What`s about kotc2 and few people her pushing it as new wonder of the world while reviews are really mixed point to it being medicore and flawed game, is it some irrational feeling of gratitude because that game dev posted here?!
You have to read the whole thread to make your own opinion , we dedicated our lives posting (and shitposting) on codex and you... you just ignore complete threads, hurting our feelings.

Or just buy it and try . As for the price tag, you can see it all started in 2011 only semi released today , its a game by a lunatic nerd for other nerds the complexity and time spent on this justify the price .The public for it should have no trouble at all paying this price, i mean every nerds have lot of cash now , doing lucrative it jobs and so on.

Not aimed at you, but if someone cant afford this or if voting in felipepe list and finding the titles you played this year is too complex for you then you are really not the public for this.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Thank-you for all your continued hard work you are a name I recognize from when I first joined and it was one of the GOTY poll that helped me get involved with the community and the rest they say is history so I voted on the only game I played at all in the list so you which is good because now you can tie the votes in to the accounts here and filter them out if they are too new or made just to troll you okay? Okay.

Thanks,
Sherry

Rosey

Novice
No Dwarf Fortress steam release?

tbh besides Elden Ring only played Soullash and Expeditions: Rome. Nothing to write home about. Inb4 one of the hentai games wins.

Arvennios

Novice
An exceedingly good year for lovers of Tactical/J-Rpgs, but not much in terms of western C-Rpgs, I won't complain though, plenty of good games to play (and replay) and discover from years past.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I really hope King Arthur Knights Tale shows some good results. A solid old school turn based tactics. Dark, depressing setting, challenging combat encounters, memorable characters and ZERO I repeat ZERO woke, diversity nonsense. It has its flows (gets repetitive after first half, badly optimised and balanced) but we definitely need more games like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom