Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift / Vive / VR General

Oropay

Educated
Yeah, the guns felt pretty good in Arktika.1. Some scary moments as well; there are a few sections where the lights go out and you're in pitch black (at least if you have an HMD with OLED displays) with the baddies creeping up on you. On the bright side, Awakening is coming out for the PSVR2, so hopefully the graphics won't be Quest-tier

Venser

Erudite
This game looks promising...

Just got released for early access. Bought it and hopefully gonna play it tonight.

EDIT: the game has some major issues atm

1. misaligned ingame hand position when using Quest 3 controllers (IDK why they didn't test it with Q3, which is the 3rd most used headset on Steam. Soon 2nd)
2. no smooth turning ?!
3. bad optimization

The game is in early access so and all of these issues are fixable technical issues.

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
This game looks promising...

Just got released for early access. Bought it and hopefully gonna play it tonight.

EDIT: the game has some major issues atm

1. misaligned ingame hand position when using Quest 3 controllers (IDK why they didn't test it with Q3, which is the 3rd most used headset on Steam. Soon 2nd)
2. no smooth turning ?!
3. bad optimization

The game is in early access so and all of these issues are fixable technical issues.

Fast fix.

patchnotes.jpg

Venser

Erudite
Tried to beat Heartshot but at one point my screen went black (could hear all of the sounds) and had to close it. The autosave is bugged. Whenever I open the game, "continue campaign" is grayed out in the menu. All of the VR settings like smooth turning and grab toggle get reset after every loading screen. There's no way to holster the gun. Dual wielding is super annoying because you have to drop the gun in order to free your hand to open the doors or pull a lever. Then whenever I try to pick that gun again from the floor, I accidentally grab ammo from my belt. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I give up, will wait for more patches before playing it again.

The gameplay is decent when it works, the enemy AI is retarded, enemies pose no threat and are easy to kill. The music and sound design is great and the game can be pretty atmospheric at times. Some levels have kind of a maze like design and you can easily get lost but then again it kinda evokes the old school FPS games. The starting pistol is the best weapon in the game, it is much more precise and deadly than automatic rifles, which is really stupid.

EDIT: gave it another try after another patch dropped. VR settings do save now but the autosave feature is broken. I got far into the game and it didn't save so I have to start from beginning :negative:

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Tried to beat Heartshot but at one point my screen went black (could hear all of the sounds) and had to close it. The autosave is bugged. Whenever I open the game, "continue campaign" is grayed out in the menu. All of the VR settings like smooth turning and grab toggle get reset after every loading screen. There's no way to holster the gun. Dual wielding is super annoying because you have to drop the gun in order to free your hand to open the doors or pull a lever. Then whenever I try to pick that gun again from the floor, I accidentally grab ammo from my belt. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I give up, will wait for more patches before playing it again.

The gameplay is decent when it works, the enemy AI is retarded, enemies pose no threat and are easy to kill. The music and sound design is great and the game can be pretty atmospheric at times. Some levels have kind of a maze like design and you can easily get lost but then again it kinda evokes the old school FPS games. The starting pistol is the best weapon in the game, it is much more precise and deadly than automatic rifles, which is really stupid.

EDIT: gave it another try after another patch dropped. VR settings do save now but the autosave feature is broken. I got far into the game and it didn't save so I have to start from beginning :negative:

After many patches it's in a pretty good state now. Migrated from UE4 to UE5, improved performance, added weapon holsters, added seated mode, lowered gun recoil so rifles are actually usable, eliminated accidental ammo pickups, added graphical options menu and tons of bug fixes...

Finished the Early Access levels. It's a pretty atmospheric game, reminds me a lot of Metal Gear Solid but with a lot more shooting instead of sneaking. Valve's influence is also very apparent and there are some cool scripted story moments.

Venser

Erudite
Lumicore Champions Micro-OLED Display Technology for Better Immersive Experiences

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...r-better-immersive-experiences-302051756.html

"Lumicore Micro-OLED has raised display quality specifications to a whole new level for mixed reality headsets in areas of color, contrast, and response time while maintaining lower power consumption and cost-effectiveness," stated Dr. Ji Yuan, CEO of Lumicore."

"Through innovative techniques like digital driving, Lumicore has successfully elevated the resolution of displays while simultaneously reducing power consumption to half of the industry average at the same brightness level. Additionally, Lumicore has significantly increased production yield, surpassing industry benchmarks by several times."

"Lumicore Micro-OLED also offers support for higher refresh rates, reaching 144Hz. This feature ensures eye protection and effectively reduces motion blur. It enhances contrast and maintains over 85% of the DCI-P3 color gamut even at low grayscale levels below 32."

Fargus

Arcane
Hopefully it's not another wombyn game where you play hide and seek with invincible xenomorph.

Will be on steam too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom