Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

razvedchiki

Erudite
im paying with the clan quest mod and noticed that having 3 at inspection doesnt give 2 bonus xp when you speak with knox for his mission inside the asylum.
you get it later or its a bug?

Spukrian

Savant
I replayed Bloodlines a while back. I was a bit disappointed. Not because of the game... because of myself. I had expected to forget most of the game and rediscover it... but I could remember more than I thought. I played a jack-of-all-trades character, just like I played it a long time ago, maybe I should've played a different type of character. On the other hand this time I played a Malkavian, this changed the dialogue choices I had. I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would, there were a few times where I had no idea what my choices meant...

Anyway, if I ever replay this game again I should probably go out of my comfort zone when I create my character...

Codex Year of the Donut
I replayed Bloodlines a while back. I was a bit disappointed. Not because of the game... because of myself. I had expected to forget most of the game and rediscover it... but I could remember more than I thought. I played a jack-of-all-trades character, just like I played it a long time ago, maybe I should've played a different type of character. On the other hand this time I played a Malkavian, this changed the dialogue choices I had. I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would, there were a few times where I had no idea what my choices meant...

Anyway, if I ever replay this game again I should probably go out of my comfort zone when I create my character...
maybe you should get really drunk before playing

Wesp5

Arcane
im paying with the clan quest mod and noticed that having 3 at inspection doesnt give 2 bonus xp when you speak with knox for his mission inside the asylum.
you get it later or its a bug?

It could be that the Clan Quest Mod uses Investigation or Perception instead.

Wesp5

Arcane
All the big mods are based on earlier versions of the Unofficial Patch, so they can run in parrallel and include most of the fixes. Sadly, it is not possible to actually merge any mod with the patch.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
there were a few times where I had no idea what my choices meant...
That's intentional. Their weakness is supposed to be a "penalty to negotiations." In practice this means that players are confused about which dialogue option leads to the desired outcome.

I admit the implementation is... messy. It's supposed to be generically crazy, clownish, and oracular, but it was written by someone who clearly had no understanding of real mental illness whatsoever. Which is strange, considering how otherwise well written Jeanette and Therese are.

I think it would've made more sense, and been easier to write consistently, if the character talked like a stoner instead. Ecstatic shamanism has a huge history behind it and still informs pop culture to a degree: basically any story where characters use altered states to perceive beyond mundane reality are drawing upon ecstatic shamanism. From Beyond, Flatliners, Scanners, etc.

Technomancer

Liturgist
This new voice generation tech is good. Finally worked the kinks out, no more robotic shit. Anyone missed Deb?

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm surprised she's able to play it, most people I've seen on the internet complain the game doesn't have a quest marker.
They're just being babies. The levels are small enough that it's completely unnecessary.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Wow, this is amazing! It might offer new perspectives for mods...

Yeah, can like restore cut content after bethesda, they always leave unvoiced traces of cut quests and dialogue. Issue is such mod would be obliterated by legal faster than you could say "Don't sue me!".

For old games like bloodlines tho. Might come in handy.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I would love it if WRF Studios opened Bloodlust up for modding. Having the source code available means you don't have hardcoded limitations like being unable to add new areas and whatnot. Unfortunately, I've pestered him a few times in the past and gotten no response. It's frustrating.

Fargus

Arcane

Wesp5

Arcane
For old games like bloodlines tho. Might come in handy.

I was thinking about the Prelude mod, which is a prequel to Bloodlines and features Bach, Jack and the Cabbie. Voicing them right now is out of the question so nobody has a voice in the mod...

Technomancer

Liturgist
I was thinking about the Prelude mod, which is a prequel to Bloodlines and features Bach, Jack and the Cabbie. Voicing them right now is out of the question so nobody has a voice in the mod...

RIP, anons had to ruin it. Its gonna be paywalled soon.

1675179489859881.jpg

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp5 a thought. Would it be possible to make the loading screens wait for player input before disappearing? Reading the loading screen text tidbits has become difficult on modern rigs.

The whole loading screen thing is hard-coded, so while I understand the idea, right now I have no idea on how to do this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom