Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

sullynathan

Arcane
That's why I won't be pirating this one

Viata

Arcane
I have too many games to play, so I'm used to not play games as soon as they are released. By the time I play it, everything is already fixed(or so I hope) in the game(when it comes to rpg, many bugs makes the game unplayable).

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I hope none of you idiots actually paid the Activision-tier retail price for this.

Full price digital download special edition with the old RE2 OST swap on PS4 because fucking lol @ buying physical media in 2019.

Don't @ me.

I usually buy my games form shady key stores for Steam, but I got a new TV and want to try it out with some games.

A horse of course

I haven't pirated in ages, what's the average ETA for things getting cracked these days?

With denuvo? Varies wildly, could be a couple of weeks if you're lucky (some have been cracked within days).

This just does not strike me as being worth anywhere near 40-60 bongs. 30 bongs at most would be much more reasonable. And to be honest I don't have a particularly powerful drive to replay a "remastered" RE2. I played it back in the day, it was fine, the end.

A remake of 3 would be another matter, but god knows what they'd do to my waifu Jill.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I haven't pirated in ages, what's the average ETA for things getting cracked these days?
Varies from game to game. If it uses the newest version of Denuvo you can expect anywhere from under a week to a year. If it's a previously cracked version of Denuvo, probably under 2 weeks.

RapineDel

Augur
It was $53 AUD using the cheapest Steam CD key. Given there's no micro-transactions and it's probably going to be better then the majority of "big games" released this year I'm happy to buy it. Will probably do the same with Metro Exodus and Shadows Die Twice, after that it looks pretty bleak outside indie titles.

Viata

Arcane
Weird. I skipped some scenes in both videos and I didn't find Mr. X. Also, I know that he appears in Claire's run, but what about Leon's?

Deflowerer

Arcane
Weird. I skipped some scenes in both videos and I didn't find Mr. X. Also, I know that he appears in Claire's run, but what about Leon's?

If it's anything like the original, he should be appearing only in B runs.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Even worse than there being no giant spiders (AND THAT IS PRETTY FUCKING BAD, GAMERS) this is the biggest affront of all time:

There's no overly ominous voice when you start the game saying "RESIDENT. EVIL. TWO."

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Original start with the truck is much better. Cooler music, much creepier and better crescendo for when truck finally comes roaring down the street and crash.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Original start with the truck is much better. Cooler music, much creepier and better crescendo for when truck finally comes roaring down the street and crash.

The missing BWWWEEEAAAUUUU DUN DUN DUN when the truck driver barrels down the road made me almost cancel my preorder tbh.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't like this recent trend of companies releasing games on some random weekday instead of Tuesday. Everybody agreed on Tuesday, it was an unwritten rule, you release games on Tuesday. Now you have to wait Friday? What is that? What world are we living in where you can have this insanity? Next there will be games released on Sunday, maybe games released on Wednesday next. Ugh, Wednesday. I hate Wednesday. If there was one day in the week I'd love to prune it is Wednesday, such a useless day. Monday and Tuesday are the established "this day sucks" days, Thursday is the "Thank God it's almost Friday" day and Friday/Saturday are the "I'm going to get chlamydia from a Puerto Rican girl, woohoo" days. Where does Wednesday fit into all this? It doesn't. Here's a Wednesday you and me have both gone through: you forget what day it is and ask, "What day is today?" and some person says "Uh... Wednesday?" then you have an expression on your face that's stuck between seeing your pet cat get killed by a bus and tasting cottage cheese for the very first time. It's like your brain is stuck in being a loading cursor as it tries to comprehend what you should really feel.

And Wednesday is so weirdly spelled. As a kid, no day of the week in spelling fucked me more than Wednesday. It's the "D" and the "N" being so close together. It looks weird. I don't like it. Wednesday sucks.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I knew they got that inspiration from somewhere...

50626734_2502247053125343_3014587246700396544_o.png

Drakortha

Liturgist
I'm around 3 hours into the game and I have to say it isn't really living up to some of my expectations.

Playing Leon, the first zombie encounter was really well done. Detailed and full of tension and horror. But then the trek to RPD through the city is completely missing? You watch the truck crash cutscene then run up some stairs and you're already there. It comes off as lazy and too short - like a whole portion of the game was cut..

The first Birkin encounter also seemingly comes out of nowhere with no buildup, tension, or horror. It feels like the game just goes "Here you go! here he is!" just to tick a box.

On a positive note - Lickers are satisfyingly deadly and efficient at killing you if you're not careful. I'm playing in hardcore mode.

Last edited:
Where the hell did you get your copy, I gotta wait 5 hours to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom