Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I'm just going off of one review where they hinted at it by not being subtle at all, so don't quote me on it.

edit:

okay, after watching this older video, I'm almost 100% sure that's the case. He's gonna have a few scripted spawns and a bunch of random ones. This also explains why all the doors don't have button prompts and just swing open.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This guy will be really annoying and it will kill the game for me. Really hate being rushed,at least in RE3 you could kill the fucker and get nice weapon out of him. Here he is just immortal and annoying. If i play this game it will be on casual,really don't have the patient for this shit :cry:.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Any indication of performance issues with the PC version based on the reviews that have been released so far?

Viata

Arcane
RE engine is pretty good. My old notebook is able to run RE7, not in max(obviously), but well enough to not have anything to complain. If anything, they must have optimized it at the level of MT Framework, which could run DMC 4 even on a toaster.

JDR13

Arcane
Any indication of performance issues with the PC version based on the reviews that have been released so far?
RE7 and Re2 demo were great on PC.

I wasn't impressed with the RE2 demo from a graphics/performance standpoint. I cranked up the options to the point where it was using almost all of the 8GB of VRAM on my GTX 1080, and it didn't look good enough imo to be using that much.

Also, there was a lot of aliasing, and the only in-game AA options that got rid of it also blurred the hell out of the textures.

Wunderbar

Arcane
RE7 and Re2 demo were great on PC.
I wasn't impressed with the RE2 demo from a graphics/performance standpoint. I cranked up the options to the point where it was using almost all of the 8GB of VRAM on my GTX 1080, and it didn't look good enough imo to be using that much.
vram usage detector was broken in the demo.

Latro

Arcane
I'm just going off of one review where they hinted at it by not being subtle at all, so don't quote me on it.

edit:

okay, after watching this older video, I'm almost 100% sure that's the case. He's gonna have a few scripted spawns and a bunch of random ones. This also explains why all the doors don't have button prompts and just swing open.

they gave him a bunch of QTE grabs so people just can't bait him into doing laggy swing like the original, kinda lazy fix

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's quite interesting how Mr. X can go from a big bad chad motherfucker to a goofy looking bitch purely on whether or not he's wearing his fedora.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I always loved how Kendo does a whole interrogation thing to Leon, who responds by saying he's clearly human... to which Kendo hesitates for a moment before relaxing. Like what was that dipshit expecting? A zombie to try negotiating with him?

Man, FUCK Kendo am I right? By the way Mr. "Gun Store Owner" try using a better firearm for long range if you plan to sit there behind your little desk and hold up every rookie cop and fine piece of biker girl ass that walks in. What a geek, I'm glad he died. Thanks for the shotgun, nerd.

Oh yeah, he uses a CROSSBOW for Claire. Hahahaha, hey look at this LARPing cocksucker. Where's your chainmail, homo? Oh wait, he can't answer me. "He appears to have stopped breathing" and all. Sucks for him. Sucks for Claire also to be stuck with that relic of a weapon. Fuck Claire too. Nosy little bitch trying to get in Big Bros business. I can't wait to have Mr. X bodyslam her through a wall in 2 days.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if you can kill Mr. X if you are good, like you can kill Nemesis, or if it will be a scripted thing on certain point in the story.. ?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if you can kill Mr. X if you are good, like you can kill Nemesis, or if it will be a scripted thing on certain point in the story.. ?
What do you mean killing Nemesis? You couldn't kill it permanently, it always showed up at certain scripted points AFAIK.

Solid Snail

Learned
Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
You couldn't kill it permanently, yes. Just killing him in certain locations would mean that he wouldn't nag you in that area.

Also reason why Nemesis was a lot easier to kill in general than Mr. X in RE2 is because RE3 has a dodge mechanic.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What do you mean killing Nemesis? You couldn't kill it permanently, it always showed up at certain scripted points AFAIK.
You could take it down and it dropped a part of a special weapon.
Oh I knew that, I just didn't look at that as killing him, because he is coming back several times. I thought you were talking about killing him permanently during the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom