Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommended mods for Dragon Age?

Ivan

Arcane
Does anyone know why the characters unequip their helmets?

I have the following mods installed:

improved atmosphere
extra dog slot
morrigan restoration
FTG UI Mod
Rules Fixpack
Advanced Tactics
Zevran Dialogue Fixpack
JB3 Textures

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Does anyone know why the characters unequip their helmets?

I have the following mods installed:

improved atmosphere
extra dog slot
morrigan restoration
FTG UI Mod
Rules Fixpack
Advanced Tactics
Zevran Dialogue Fixpack
JB3 Textures
Rules fixpack.
Tweak - No Helmet
Helmets will be removed during exploration and re-equipped during combat. The last helmet you put on will be 'remembered.' To cause a new helmet to be remembered, simply equip another helmet.
You can delete that aspect if you don't like it.

Deleted member 7219

Personally, I'd recommend playing the game without the JBtextures. I found they made everything too sharp and too high in contrast.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Personally, I'd recommend playing the game without the JBtextures. I found they made everything too sharp and too high in contrast.
Yeah agreed, sadly there are no good texture mods for Dragon Age (at least environments, characters are sometimes alright). Everything just looks like it was put through a bunch of sharpen and contrast Photoshop filters and it makes the low-res ones stand out even more.

Ivan

Arcane
Having trouble with the ai's tactics. They simply stop doing anything the moment they finish killing someone. I've set their ai's to attack the nearest visible enemy but fail to do so unless I force them to. Am I missing something?

Past Redcliffe, decided to consult the cirle of magi

Ivan

Arcane
Ok so I've reache THE FADE. FUCK THIS SHIT. Is there a proper order of doing this bullshit? I'm playing a rogue and getting fucked around every corner.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Ok so I've reache THE FADE. FUCK THIS SHIT. Is there a proper order of doing this bullshit? I'm playing a rogue and getting fucked around every corner.
There's a mod which skips it actually :D My first playthrough was also as a rogue and I did quite fine, a few deaths and then you get some special forms which are literally the weakness of the mobs.

DraQ

Arcane
Uninstall.exe

796eljz.jpg
Feels good, doesn't it?
:smug:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You have to find all the powers/transformations to unlock and then use them to fully explore it. Fire zombie = walk through fire, mouse = crawl through mouse holes, ogre = smash down doors, lich = go through special portals. Just make mental notes of where those things are and go back once you've unlocked the needed transformation.

It's not a bad dungeon but I would say it's definitely overlong (and it comes in the middle of another long dungeon, which is... yeah). But since you started it, I would finish it because installing the Skip the Fade mod at this point would probably break your savegames.

Ivan

Arcane
Fuck it, I had to lower the difficulty to easy. The sooner I can get my bros back the sooner I'll switch it back to hard.

Ivan

Arcane
Hey guys, just finished the OC and wanted to appeal to yall for any worthwhile mods for awakening or any other of the side campaigns. I think I'll give THIRST a shot too.

Gob Nobbler

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
White teeth mod
Nude body mod (no glued-on underwear)
Invisible helmet mod (considering helmets disappear by default during cutsenes, they might as well disappear permanently)
Qunari from DAII mod (makes Sten and Qunari mercenaries look like a separate race, instead of brown ugly humans with dreadlocks)

More than enough for someone who couldn't care less about Morrigan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom