Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Rebecca Heineman's Dragons of the Rip (formerly Dragon Wars 2)

You talk about Herve like he was so some mustache twirling villain???
e911TiQ.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
That animated gif of the boat and its occupants hitting a very rough patch of sea made me think of one of my favorite adages: "Remember, it's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."

So Burger Becky changed DW2 to Dragons of the Rip? Please tell me it won't feature a young girl named Sailor. Pleeeease? *looks at you all pleadingly*

vonAchdorf

Arcane
High quality scans of EA's BTIV, but in Nazi-speak:

mKuFPQX.jpg
nFY7hcN.jpg

Funny that they said it was meant to be EA's grand comeback to role playing games and that they went all in on it, with 80% of their staff working on it. They even wanted to have an accompanying novel series, a table top and minis and a comic book series. And they were thinking about a movie. The article reads like it was written for a AAA title of today.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
High quality scans of EA's BTIV, but in Nazi-speak:

mKuFPQX.jpg
nFY7hcN.jpg

Funny that they said it was meant to be EA's grand comeback to role playing games and that they went all in on it, with 80% of their staff working on it. They even wanted to have an accompanying novel series, a table top and minis and a comic book series. And they were thinking about a movie. The article reads like it was written for a AAA title of today.

Oh yeah it does read like that, especially when in the last paragraph they say "to break even, we probably would have to ask for 200 DM if the game sells moderately well." (That should be around 100 dollars)
Overbudgeting like modern AAA

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So...uhm...it all died?

EDIT: its up again, also, Oldskuul own the Descend series?
Yeah, I was like, "What?" Why have I never heard about this before?
I'm guessing they did the work to get it working on modern systems. The publisher is clearly identified as Interplay and the developer as Parallax on Steam.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
So...uhm...it all died?

EDIT: its up again, also, Oldskuul own the Descend series?
Damn, I'll admit it would be AWESOME if someone combined Descent and a first person RPG - if this is their plan for Dragon Wars 2, it can't lose!!!

Turjan

Arcane
Dragons of the.. Rip? Really?

Somehow, I have to think of fart jokes when reading this. "How to rip a monster fart". Ha ha.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Dragons of the R.I.P.

Doesn't make much sense in any case. But it's original, I suppose.

Darkzone

Arcane
So now is Herve working in the background as "Herve as the great puppet master". The recent exposure has shown him already overseeing the development of Torment. Now he is releasing Descent, then it will be Dragon Wars and in the end Becky will change the name of Dragons of the RIP to the Dragon Wars II. Alex Jones was right.....this is a global conspiracy.

Luzur

Good Sir

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
well Daemongar wanted to fusion Descent with a first person RPG, exactly what they did in DtU, a first person RPG based on the Descent engine, turned out to be a very bad idea

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom