Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rate the NPCs! (NWN2 + MotB)

Warden

Arbiter
Go go Zhjaeve! I liked her (and her voiceover).
With her 340 wisdom score and super-powers she was the only party member I actually wanted to keep. :)
The npcs were fine.. I don't know what do you guys expect? Androids with artificial intelligence? :lol:
The thing that was not fine is that they were forced, while I wanted to solo for example.

Radisshu

Prophet
doctor_kaz said:
The best character in the OC was Sand. Amman was interesting but his character was such a worthless pussy that I never got to take him anywhere. Shandra was boring, not to mention butchy. Elanee, Casavir, and the Gith chick were boring as hell and added nothing. I actually kind of liked Khelgar in the end even though I didn't like him at first. He was the only guy with an interesting personal story.

Butchy?

Lurkar

Scholar
I hate Khelgar because his monk shit had the worst ending imaginable. It becomes a fucking after school special where he and all his dwarven buddies go out for pizza and reconcile everything.

And the worst thing is, if you do make him a monk, there isn't one single fucking change in the game or plot or storyline or character. Not fucking ONE. It's a purely mechanical change.

The other thing that irritated me was Casavir. Maybe it was because my character was male, but does he ever talk about anything that isn't Old Owl Well? Ever? Chapter three I walk up to ask him what help he can give against the undead, and he's still gushing about my help with the orcs.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Sand
I dunno, I found him very funny. Dry and sly. I wish he'd have more interaction with the rest of the characters. He's not very developed, but hell, compared to the rest of the game he's a really fucking shining star's.

Bishop
In combat, he's useless but in every other way he's awesome. Fantastic lines and great voicework. We all need more Chatoic Evil but Good Anyway In The Long Run-characters in our Forgotten Realms games.

Khelgar
As far as combat goes, he's good. For everything else, he's mediocre. Perhaps even bad but he gets a pass because he has Neeshka to back him up (at least in the beginning of the game where NPC relationships seem to matter).

Neeshka
Like the voice acting or not, Neeshka has some of the best lines in the game. It's just too bad they're all in Act 1 and together with Khelgar. From Act 2 she immediately goes downhill. And only a fucking moron will want to do her personal mission thing more than once.

Elanee
Underdeveloped and a victim of cut content, but also an incredibly boring character on her own. All druids suck. Carve that into your leg. Any leg. ALL DRUIDS SUCK. Unless, that is, they're BG1-Jaheira.

Grobnar
Everyone who hates this little fellow and his fucking awesome voice actor needs to be raped in the ass with a razor blade-studded dildo. Grobnar is an awesome character. PLANE TICKETS BITCH!!!

Ammon
Well, it's just too bad you get him in Act 3 because he's really a great character.

Shandra
Eh, don't feel anything about her. I guess the plan was to make her as appealing as possible so that it would be so dramatic when she OMG DIED and shit. I shrug. Whatever. She was a bonus follower and carried my stuff alright.

Qara
I dunno, I smacked her up real good at the end. Her sub-plot is strange and unfinished and none of my characters would give a fuck if someone showed up to kill her and only her but shit, if that shadow doppelganger shows up to kill her AND me, then it's FUCKING PERSONAL AND...!!! Eh, long story short she sucks.

Casavir
The fact that there are some people who like this guy and care about what happened to him after NWN2 (he got crushed to death by a door or something) is proof that we need a new Hitler in this world.

Zhjaavee
Yeah, I copy-pasted. I can't spell her name. She sucks. Why couldn't they bring in motherfucking Mitch Pileggi instead of this snore?

Safiya
A romance I always end as soon as possible. She's boring, flat and characterless. And bald. Bald girls freak me out. Ew.

Gannayev
I'm gay for this hagspawn!

Kaelyn
Eh, her portrait is hot. Otherwise I went through the whole game wishing for an option to stab her to death and bake her into the Wall.

Okku
Because every nice soul-eater needs a bear sidekick. Seriously, a motherfucking bear! A rainbow bear! Can things get any more awesome? Well...

One-of-Many
Because every evil soul-eater needs a delicious sidekick. Seriously, get this fella as soon as possible if you're evil. Shit, get him even if you're nice. You can live without a rainbow bear. OoM comes in three delicious tastes, making him easy to adapt to your playing style! Get yourself a One of Many sidekick today! Essence of rainbow bear or VISA only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom