Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Raider Sadist Armor? Seriously?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Claw said:
Nick: People said, “Oh, it’s just going to be Oblivion and Fallout,” but a lot of the stuff was already in Fallout. The looting, the bartering and all that crazy stuff.

Yes. Btw it clearly shows that a person not only didn't play Fallout games but even doesn't know shit about them. Actually an average beth forum retard. Holy shit it has looting and bartering - can you imagine?! Also "all that crazy stuff"?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
All that crazy stuff sure sounds intriguing! I'm replaying the Fallout-series right now but I've been thinking of replaying The Elder Scrolls after that. Now, with all this crazy stuff on the looser, I'm convinced! Is there any particular extra crazy stuff I should be on the look out for? Can anyone tell me? Better yet, is there a FAQ with all the crazy stuff listed in order of appearance and what you have to do to trigger them? I can't wait!

I haven't really done any bartering yet, though, looting sure is awesome! But I'll have to buy a rope in the Hub on my way to the Glow. Man, would it suck if I forgot about that after taking so long to walk over to that place, huh?! Why, I'd probably shave my nuts and assault the mail man! That's definitely one of the things Bethesda did right. All the dungeons have a handy dandy door. I can't believe that Bethesda and the peoples of Elder Scrollsistan took the time to install doors everywhere, but it's great! Nothing nut shavingly frustrating, just the case of opening a door and start killing stuff! It's great! I sure hope they'll keep this system for Fallout 3! If I have to buy a rope to climb down a ravine in that game, I'm going to be pissed!

Ya hear that, Beth?! I'm gonna be pissed!

edit: HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!! I JUST ENCOUNTERED A PHONE BOOTH WHO JUST DISAPPEARED INTO THIN AIR!! HOLY SHIT!!

edit2: HOLY SHIT!! THIS GAME HAS A GODZILLA!! HOLY SHIT, WHERE'S MATTHEW BRODERICK AND THE JAPANESE MILITARY??!! FORGET THE MUTANTS, WE GOT A BIG FUCKING LIZARD ON THE LOOSE!!

CRAAAAAAZY STUFF!!!

edit3: By the way, I'm not drunk.

edit4: HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT ON A HOLY SHIT TRAIN FILLED WITH HOLY SHIT-A-ROONIES!!!!!! I JUST ENCOUNTERED A COCA COLA TRUCK AND GOT 20000 BOTTLE CAPS!!!!

edit5: what the fuck, i gotta pick them up 999 at a time? this is gonna take forever! man, this blows!

uhjghvt

Scholar
was it pete hines or tard howard who said FO had a shitty inventory system? seems pretty ironic right now, it looks like FO3's inventory works exactly the same way but at least FO had icons for the items rather than ugly green tandy-text

Mojo

Scholar
The interface in the original games was not based on kewl green tandy text and kewl green tandy pip boy drawings because of technical limitations from the ancient times.

Also, for the ones saying this isn't a faithfull sequel, remember that all the crazy stuff is implemented. All of it. Now that's what I call sticking to the roots man.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yet these technical limitations didn't stop BIS from putting all character sheet information you will ever need into 640x480 whereas Beth has trouble putting even 1/10 of it into 1280x720 (if not 1920x1080) with all of their technological progress.

Fez

Erudite
Claw said:
gu_20080205.jpg

EPIC!

Clearly fame and glory awaits VD.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I think VD statement is warranted. And the whole public is just 'surprised' there's someone out there willing to speak out. Something like 'we know they're retarded, but do you have to go out there and say it?!'.

GU comics is just being one sided and really, there's nothing to back up his statement of 'fuck you VD, you're wrong' he just sorta called VD arrogant and that's it.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ThePenguin said:
IMO, RPGs are Role Playing Games, not Roll Playing Games. Hell, 2nd Edition AD&D didn't make you roll for skills, just combat, and that's because unless you LARP, there's no good RPing way to resolve combat, whereas other things like swimming, persuasion and crafting can be determined through character background, descriptions and good role playing. Video games fix the combat problem, though you have to compromise on the other parts.
Somebody with good decrypting skills, can you explain to me what this human being tried to say? I had 10 out of 12 in my cryptography class, I guess I can't then. Go figure.

edit: Also explain to me is it such tradition on bethesda forums to use acronym IMO after each sentence? How is that tradition come there? Does it have something to do with never backing up opinion with arguments at all?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
inwoker said:
ThePenguin said:
IMO, RPGs are Role Playing Games, not Roll Playing Games. Hell, 2nd Edition AD&D didn't make you roll for skills, just combat, and that's because unless you LARP, there's no good RPing way to resolve combat, whereas other things like swimming, persuasion and crafting can be determined through character background, descriptions and good role playing. Video games fix the combat problem, though you have to compromise on the other parts.
Somebody with good decrypting skills, can you explain to me what this human being tried to say? I had 10 out of 12 in my cryptography class, I guess I can't then. Go figure.

edit: Also explain to me is it such tradition on bethesda forums to use acronym IMO after each sentence? How is that tradition come there? Does it have something to do with never backing up opinion with arguments at all?
He thinks it's impossible to have any other rolls than combat ones. And that combat rolls are made because it's the only adequate solution when you can't LARP in real time.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
sum_retard said:
Take RPG codex (sp?) for example, argh we'd all be in the 90s if we reasoned like them.

Why does he say it like it's a bad thing?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I thought about making a "Fallout 3: your kid's first game with SM elements" newspost, but this seems so ridiculous (and the screen is so ugly) I'll leave it at DU's post, it's enough.

sah

Liturgist
Darth Roxor said:
sum_retard said:
Take RPG codex (sp?) for example, argh we'd all be in the 90s if we reasoned like them.

People like that guy don't realize how little progress we've seen since the nineties. VATS seems like a new deal for them, but that's just real time with pause + the option to aim at body parts.

Mareus

Magister
sah said:
Darth Roxor said:
sum_retard said:

People like that guy don't realize how little progress we've seen since the nineties. VATS seems like a new deal for them, but that's just real time with pause + the option to aim at body parts.
Such amount of stupidity collected in one place can only be found on Bethseda forums. :salute:

You know from where that came from, 9/10ths of the games are 'crap' by their standards, and only a select number of games are good. And no matter how succesfull the game is, it's crap if they say it's crap.

I remember saying "it's all about opinions, none of us is right", and I was bombarded with some "relativism" nonsense /sigh

Nutcracker

Scholar
Forget about the sadist armour...worst revelation for me there was the repair system. How shitty can you get?

Redeye

Arcane
Nutcracker said:
Forget about the sadist armour...worst revelation for me there was the repair system. How shitty can you get?

Parts of same type of stuff to fix same types of stuff.

stoopid

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
The repair system sounds fine to me. In a PA setting you would fix broken items by scavenging the unbroken parts from other similar items.

Can I just say that I hope the game will include Sadist Pants?

Seriously. It will be awesome. If they can also include a hip thrusting animation which I can trigger on a key press so that I can wander the wastes making thrusting gestures with my Sadistic Groin at raiders before blowing off their limbs this will truly be the greatest gamer ever.

Skald

Novice
Naked Ninja said:
Seriously. It will be awesome. If they can also include a hip thrusting animation which I can trigger on a key press so that I can wander the wastes making thrusting gestures with my Sadistic Groin at raiders before blowing off their limbs this will truly be the greatest gamer ever.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWO

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Naked Ninja said:
The repair system sounds fine to me. In a PA setting you would fix broken items by scavenging the unbroken parts from other similar items.

Can I just say that I hope the game will include Sadist Pants?

You deserve to be raped by a big buck jungle negro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom