Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage on.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Sluts with lolllipops good art direction do make. :bro:

MapMan

Arcane
Morgoth said:
I don't know what game you're playing guys but I play the game with 8K pages and it looks pretty friggin awesome while running with 60 fps.

Next time dont forget to put your glasses on before you start playing.

Bruticis

Morgoth said:
I don't know what game you're playing guys but I play the game with 8K pages and it looks pretty friggin awesome while running with 60 fps.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the kill room in the first cave at the beginning of the game? I'd like to see the body pile on a "friggin awesome" system.

Luigi

Barely Literate
holy christ, its another health regen popamole piece of shit and if you enjoyed a minute of it you dont deserve to live i am dead serious

MapMan

Arcane
kingcomrade3 said:
at least 5 pages of arguing about graphics. yeah you guys are elite gamers.

Theres no gameplay so what shall we discuss? :smug:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Not really. He's just aping Chernobyl baby'sfavourite shit excuse to whine about graphics instead of discussing any actual gameplay elements. The 'there is no gameplay' is about as interesting and valid an argument as calling everything a 'shit popamole'.

So I'm pretty sure we'll see it used here constantly. Way to go kids.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Shit can have all the shaders in the world but it would still be shit. Judging games on their visuals is weak. Why? Because who the fuck plays a game for its looks? Gameplay is what actually makes it fun. Graphics are merely an element. Not THE element.

But who the fuck am I kidding here. This place has been exposed as graphic whore central quite some time ago. Fuck that.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Trash said:
Because who the fuck plays a game for its looks? Gameplay is what actually makes it fun. Graphics are merely an element. Not THE element.
Truer Words were never spoken. :salute:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Running this with a AMD HD 5870 1GB with Catalyst 11.10 preview drivers and no rageconfic.cfg changes. Just the standard stuff with Vsynch on and Texture cahe LARGE (8K pages). Virtually ZERO texture popping.
If you want 16K pages, you can, but it looks identical to 8K pages. So whoever says you need a video card with 3GB Vram is a dumbfuck.

Some people are gonna say it looks like shit, but it's the same people who also say Quake 1 and Doom 2 are fun and graphics doesn't matter etc.

151011193048_rage1.jpg

151011193240_rage2.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trash said:
Because who the fuck plays a game for its looks? Gameplay is what actually makes it fun. Graphics are merely an element. Not THE element.

Tell me more about health regen and slowass 3-4 enemies per 100m - I've never seen gameplay like that in every other console shooter of the past 5 years! Let's discuss about how after getting shot you sit behind a box regen and continue to shoot! Tell me how awesome game Rage is so we will discuss health regen and enemies that barely move for 1000th time!

But graphics = unimportant even though it's the only thing that differs in console shooters.

But who the fuck am I kidding here. This place has been exposed as graphic whore central quite some time ago. Fuck that.

No it just has retards who think that having good graphics - especially in shooters, which is a genre that is all about graphics - is a bad thing.

Trash tell me about how you enjoyed the gameplay of Crysis and how you played it because of its great gameplay. Its gameplay looked good isn't? Especially on a very high... difficulty, yes?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Tell me more about health regen and slowass 3-4 enemies per 100m - I've never seen gameplay like that in every other console shooter of the past 5 years! Let's discuss about how after getting shot you sit behind a box regen and continue to shoot! Tell me how awesome game Rage is so we will discuss health regen and enemies that barely move for 1000th time!

But graphics = unimportant even though it's the only thing that differs in console shooters.

You could just... ignore the game?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
You're trying to talk sense to a guy who has been continually shown to be full of it and yet keeps pretending to be some kind of authority. He's living proof that every moron who shouts often enough will be taken seriously by some.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Trash said:
I like how the first two posts after Morgoth's screens just reinforce what I said. Whining about shaders, textures and AA is teh new shit. Fuck that.
What else is there to whine about? Rage's actual gameplay mechanics? :?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Brown corridor shooter #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Ulminati said:
Brown corridor shooter #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?
You're right. Let's talk about Quake 1 instead. I really like the brownishness in that game.

Or let's talk about Fallout 1/2/3/NV: I really like the brown shitstains that cover the whole monitor in that game too.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
You could just... ignore the game?

I could. But you know this is CARMACK, a TEKNIKAL VIZHINARY, which means his game pushes PC GAEMNG forward

Trash said:
You're trying to talk sense to a guy who has been continually shown to be full of it and yet keeps pretending to be some kind of authority. He's living proof that every moron who shouts often enough will be taken seriously by some.

I never tried to pretend I'm an authority. Where? On the internet lol?
I only see morons crying about "skyway pretends to be an authority" just because I bash a game once in a while.

Morgoth said:
Or let's talk about Fallout 1/2/3/NV: I really like the brown shitstains that cover the whole monitor in that game too.

Fallout 1 and 2 had good gameplay, atmosphere and an awesome RPG system. Does Rage have them?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Colourfull platformer #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Eastfront wargame #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Sidescrolling shoot 'em up #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Arcade racing game #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Turn-based rpg #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Military flightsim #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Physics puzzler #213515. What else IS there to talk about besides shaders?

Do I need to go on?

MetalCraze said:
These rpgs had an awesome RPG system. Does this shooter have it?

Like I said, full of it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Games in those genres are being released every month and all play the same, especially turnbased RPGs, wargames and flight sims, please go on.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, can anyone name one redeeming aspect about the game play? Other than saying something generic and loaded like 'it's fun!' From everything I've seen it's arguably worse than Borderlands.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Metro said:
Well, can anyone name one redeeming aspect about the game play? Other than saying something generic and loaded like 'it's fun!' From everything I've seen it's arguably worse than Borderlands.

Who says it needs to be redeeming? Discussing something other than shaders does not mean praising something other than shaders. What the fuck is it with the thickness here?

MetalCraze said:
Games in those genres are being released every month and all play the same, especially turnbased RPGs, wargames and flight sims, please go on.

How the fuck hasn't your mother drowned you when she saw what she gave birth to?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom