Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage on.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what's so funny? shit's broken here

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I don't get it either. Not in FF, not in IE. Apparently I can't find a browser shitty enough to load the page in a "funny" manner.

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah. They blur the text for half a second as you scroll around, then it sharpens.

xemous

Arcane
rage is currently the best looking game on the consoles, u cannot slight carmack on this one, it looks better than UE3 and it runs FAST on a console.

the texture pop-in for the PC is fixed via the latest patch and the game looks excellent.

the game itself though is complete shit i did finish it and felt extremely dirty and used and depressed after doing so, so i'd advise people to play an hour or so to see the tech demo then stop there.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I have to use a proxy for it to load half-properly

xemous said:
rage is currently the best looking game on the consoles, u cannot slight carmack on this one, it looks better than UE3 and it runs FAST on a console.

the texture pop-in for the PC is fixed via the latest patch and the game looks excellent.

the game itself though is complete shit i did finish it and felt extremely dirty and used and depressed after doing so, so i'd advise people to play an hour or so to see the tech demo then stop there.
better than crysis 2? riiiiiiight

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
xemous said:
the game itself though is complete shit

This is the bottom line. I don't know why people keep debating the graphics. It could look like real life and it wouldn't fucking matter.

MetalCraze

Arcane
xemous said:

ID Tech 5 with MEGATEXTURE

vhzxud.jpg

ID Tech 3 (Quake 3 engine) without MEGATEXTURE

codmw3screen1.jpg

Oh oops...

Deleted member 7219

The texture pop-in wasn't the issue, it was the extremely low-res textures on world objects and textures. They still haven't been fixed.

MapMan

Arcane
Matt7895 said:

The texture pop-in wasn't the issue, it was the extremely low-res textures on world objects and textures. They still haven't been fixed.

That's not an issue. That's how the game is supposed to look.

ortucis

Prophet
Game automatically resizes all textures in the world depending on the system's performance and primarily your GPU memory. Get a 3GB card atleast if you want the best possible visuals as shown in their trailers.

Also, having finished this game on a 512 card, this game runs amazingly great for the kind of visuals it throws at you. After solving the texture issues (and uninstalling the first update which broke the game), I forced the game to use 4096x4096 on my 512MB card. Game was running at 50+ FPS on my age old dual core CPU and looked great.

My only gripe with the game is the shit ending and the fact that the world is static like it was in Doom days. I am pretty sure Duke Nukem 3D had more going on in the world than RAGE.

hoopy

Savant
xemous said:
If you ask me, Ni no Kuni and Eternal Sonata are the best looking games on consoles. You can dress up yet another post-apocalyptic desert with all the mega or giga or teratexturing you like, it's still boring as shit. I feel bored just looking at RAGE, and I'd probably fall into a coma if I actually played it.

Instead of masturbating over megatexturing, id should have thought about the game's setting and art direction.

ortucis

Prophet
hoopy said:
xemous said:
If you ask me..I feel bored just looking at RAGE, and I'd probably fall into a coma if I actually played it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11454839/troll.swf

Obviously every tard who hasn't played the game knows everything about art style over those who have.

hoopy

Savant
ortucis said:
Obviously every tard who hasn't played the game knows everything about art style over those who have.
So the game's appearance becomes fundamentally different when it's being played and not just watched? Care to explain to me how that works? Does it require special glasses? Maybe rose colored ones?

hoopy

Savant
I don't go around examining peripheral textures. The problem with RAGE is that it's just another boring post-apocalyptic desert. It does not interest me at all. Even if there was some minor difference between playing and watching it, it wouldn't be anywhere near enough to make the game look interesting.

St. Toxic

Arcane
racofer said:
MetalCraze said:
http://www.ag.ru/reviews/rage_2011

You may not understand russian but the moment you will try to scroll this review you will understand everything :lol:

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Oh, and

MetalCraze said:

Those fucking 2d trees are hilarious. There was a whole little garden of them at the entrance of the mall or hospital in mutant town; I forgot to grab a screen, but I really should have. No 2d sprite ever looked that low res in any Id game previously. :lol:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
so 20 pages in, we have ample evidence that despite all the pretend elitism, the trying so hard, the condescension, the derps here are just graphics whores. what is that screenshot? it has 8xAA instead of 16x AA? HAHAHA LOSER

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
ortucis said:
Game automatically resizes all textures in the world depending on the system's performance and primarily your GPU memory. Get a 3GB card atleast if you want the best possible visuals as shown in their trailers.
cool story, bro. i have a 4gb card, forcing max quality uncompressed textures via cfg. i don't have pop-ups, but everything still looks like shit.
they shipped blurry and shitty textures for objects that you don't view all that often. the less time something is supposed to spend on screen, the shittier the texture it has. the game only looks good if you don't stand still or approach objects and look at them and just keep running through that endless corridor without ever stopping, which would be ok if they didn't hide shit like cards all over the place actually requiring you to stop and look around and notice how blurry low res shit looks or how they fucking forgot to even texture some visible backsides.

it has nice crisp textures on characters and vehicles, shittier blurrier textures on environment, and completely shit textures on minor background objects like boxes or discarded shoes and so on. it only looks neat on a first superficial glance or in low rest youtube videos.

ortucis

Prophet
SuicideBunny said:
ortucis said:
cool story, bro. i have a 4gb card, forcing max quality uncompressed textures via cfg. i don't have pop-ups, but everything still looks like shit.
they shipped blurry and shitty textures for objects that you don't view all that often. the less time something is supposed to spend on screen, the shittier the texture it has. the game only looks good if you don't stand still or approach objects and look at them and just keep running through that endless corridor without ever stopping, which would be ok if they didn't hide shit like cards all over the place actually requiring you to stop and look around and notice how blurry low res shit looks or how they fucking forgot to even texture some visible backsides.

it has nice crisp textures on characters and vehicles, shittier blurrier textures on environment, and completely shit textures on minor background objects like boxes or discarded shoes and so on. it only looks neat on a first superficial glance or in low rest youtube videos.

3GB limit is recommended for the max texture size supplied by game (16384x16384). Game doesn't come with 150GB of uncompressed textures id had and which (apparently) they plan to release as a update for PC in HD texture patch (probably will resize it cause no one is stupid enough to download 150GB data for a game).

Game looks amazing when you stand still. I have no idea how the fuck you manage to appreciate anything while running and gunning but good for you. I know that small objects appear low-res but idTech 5 was designed more for the seamless terrain you see everywhere. From what I know they plan to add this feature to models as well by the time Doom 4 ships.

Anyways, I enjoyed the game, looked fine to me even on my shit system despite the bugs. Still, id made a shit PC port in the end then blamed drivers and later "PC's not being so important compared to consoles for them anymore" (- Carmack). The first update actually introduced stuttering for me every few seconds while opening up 2-3 config options in video options in-game.

id is a consoletard Bethesda company now, looking forward to how they fuck up Doom 4. :)

MapMan

Arcane
The game looks exactly the same on all 3 platforms. The only advantage PC users have is higher resolution and AA. There's no difference in how the game looks between my gtx 260 and a gtx 580 for example. So no, you dont need 3 gigs of gpu memory to run the game on "max" settings.

Deleted member 7219

SuicideBunny said:
ortucis said:

This applies to me too. My problem is even if some people say 'Well, you're not supposed to look at that', so many games have junk tossed about which you're not meant to look at (Crysis, Crysis 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Half-Life 2) and they didn't fuck up the graphics in those games.

RAGE has no excuse for looking so shit.

xemous

Arcane
You cant load a high res megatexture off disk that fast thats why they have 2 textures a really low res one and then a slightly higher that pops in. I think the patch just loaded all higher res textures in a radius so u cant notice the pop-in. If they bump up the mega texture size on the computer up you're going to get a lot of HDD lag because I'm sure the next increment will be bigger than 16 GB.

I'd love to play it with 32 GB of ram using an array of SSDs with the full HD textures loaded.

the game itself is shit and so is crysis and all the briandead COD shooters, im just fantasy about this technology being used in a FPS RPG imagine the world details.

MetalCraze

Arcane
What ortucis says is that apparently you need to install 3GBs videocard on your XBox360 too otherwise Rage looks worse than every single console shiter there.

Take Carmack's cock out of your mouth, man.

xemous said:
You cant load a high res megatexture off disk that fast thats why they have 2 textures a really low res one and then a slightly higher that pops in. I think the patch just loaded all higher res textures in a radius so u cant notice the pop-in. If they bump up the mega texture size on the computer up you're going to get a lot of HDD lag because I'm sure the next increment will be bigger than 16 GB.
I'm sure XBox360 also gets a lot of HDD lag with Rage, right? 4 years old Crysis looks much better with 512 MBs videocard than this crap with anything.

Have you seen official Rage screenshots? It looks like HL2 at best. Retarded "innovashun" of Carmack failed miserably, there are no magical crisp textures in that game that you unlock only when you install a 16 GB GeForce XXX980 SUPERMEGAOC.

It just looks like shit.

I can't believe there are retards on the Codex who seriously argue that a game made first and foremost for 7 years old hardware needs the most modern one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom