Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
dlg, interrupted; classic bugs. I still remember some vaguely ancient games that had a universal 'drop out of dialog' button, brave.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
If i start the quest with refugees at the gate, but dont give money for them or decide anything else at that moment - then go back to the town and take another quest for someone, either my faction or Feng or anyone else - and then return to the gate everyone is still there but they are all unresponsive and that side quest then cannot be solved.

is that intended like that, for some reason or not?

Are you completely sure? Did you try talking to Aemolas? I just did everything you described and I can talk to him without any issues.

hiver

When that happens i cannot talk to Aemolas anymore. I can start the conversation but the only response i get is "leave".
Happened to me a few times before in previous Demo too.

Ill try and play again and see if there is some specific sequence of things that triggers it.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Minor, there's a quest loop when delivering the package to the store owner in the slums. If you choose to attack him after he refuses to pay up for reasons and are using a melee weapon you can't attack him on your first turn, and when you finish your first turn combat ends. If you then talk to the man again, he has the same dialogue, and you get the same XP reward. This can be repeated an infinite amount of times.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not really a bug but rather a control issue: is there any way to zoom out the camera without using the mouse wheel? Touchpad-only here at the moment.

Saduj

Arcane
I'm running Windows 7 64 and had a couple of crashes to desktop last night, but it hasn't happened since I correct the sound setting. Played for an hour and half this morning and it hasn't happened but I did get hung up on loading screen once - which also happened last night. Gotta go do some stuff but I'll be playing later today if it persists, I'll report it here. Not sure what details would be useful so if there is anything in particular let me know.

hiver

I cant seem to replicate the problem with Aemolas. I tried multiple times but now it works whatever i do.
Ill try more as i play different backgrounds and report it if i get it again.

What i said about not being able to remove the weapon from crafting screen was my mistake. It doesnt really matter but i saw that only later.
Also, if i click "new game" by accident - you can get out of it at the first character screen by clicking X. - duh.

I got to Madoran today - it seems i cannot go to the trade district. I can walk into that yellow space but nothing happens. Do i need to do anything to "get permission" for it or its just a bug?
There is also one broken fountain behind the Arena that shows the eye icon when i mouse over it but it keeps telling me "youre too far" wherever i stand next to it. I also noticed that happening once in the spies shack where the trash pile "description line" wouldnt play for the same reason- but today i repeated the fight many times and once i tried that it worked.

I went through the assassins guild missions in Theron very easily. Didnt loose a single team mate throughout or died once.
Maybe the assassin is somehow overpowered by accident because of the new mechanics?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I got to Madoran today - it seems i cannot go to the trade district. I can walk into that yellow space but nothing happens. Do i need to do anything to "get permission" for it or its just a bug?
Try clicking on it.

There is also one broken fountain behind the Arena that shows the eye icon when i mouse over it but it keeps telling me "youre too far" wherever i stand next to it. I also noticed that happening once in the spies shack where the trash pile "description line" wouldnt play for the same reason- but today i repeated the fight many times and once i tried that it worked.
A minor VCO issue. Will fix when I add more.

I went through the assassins guild missions in Theron very easily. Didnt loose a single team mate throughout or died once.
Maybe the assassin is somehow overpowered by accident because of the new mechanics?
Needs MOAR balance.

hiver

I clicked all over it. Right click? left? i think i did both a lot. ill try again.

---

Assassins missions could use a few more. Only two really seems too little and then youre already storming the compound. If you could squeeze in atleast two more before the full game comes out it would be great.
Even if they are pretty straightforward and just add a bit more flavor to the issue with the guards or involve some noble thats er.. involved. Or maybe one of the other factions (kill some merchant to affect guards somehow? or be hired by a merchant to off one of the guards? - have some thief hire you for a job that makes some disadvantage to the guards), or outside locations...(intervene in something guards are doing), or something like it.
(im talking only about missions that you get directly from the guild alone)

It feels like that quest line could use just a bit more content. It somehow all wham, bam - Madoran, atleast now with the assassin balance being easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Left click. Approach the entrance to another district, the cursor should glow when you place it over the clickable area, click, and you should be transported to that district.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
When that happens i cannot talk to Aemolas anymore. I can start the conversation but the only response i get is "leave".
Happened to me a few times before in previous Demo too.

Ill try and play again and see if there is some specific sequence of things that triggers it.

I'm pretty sure you don't have the money.

hiver

Hmm.. I dont think so, but it could be. Maybe it would be better if the dialogue line was "I have no money right now. leave."
- left click works in Madoran, sorry. I was sure i used that too but apparently not.

Small thing - in situations like this:
1JTCqtN.jpg

Would it be possible that you lower the camera much closer and restrict it to that level of zoom out so its closer to the scene at the very start? It would look more impactful if you could do that.

-edit-

- when crafting the required materials are not named. the icons are not really recognizable and all materials in the inventory only show "metal", wood, leather -with no exact names.
Would be nicer if they were saying exactly which material it is in case of "metals" and if icons in crafting screen were named.
ddAtu3T.jpg

- i get this was leather. but its a problem when there are more materials displayed.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
New Extended Demo version uploaded R4.1. Uninstall the previous version, and install the new version. Changelog:

Fixes:

- You no longer get stuck with a black screen when reaching Maadoran as a thief.
- The Maadoran Intro slide appears correctly when a conversation starts as you arrive in Maadoran.
- You can change female thief skin color and face.
- Female thief has proper armor icon.
- Abukar properly identifies the prospector amulet.
- Hadad dialogue with Feng no longer loops.
- Fixed rare issue with bad camera position in mercenary vignette that resulted in a black screen.
- You now get SP from Teron Palace Text Adventure fights and from the fight with the kebab thief and guard.
- You can now edit your character name in the character creation in resolutions with 900 height or higher.
- Fixed the issue with the map button becoming inactive when you talked with Gaelius.
- Gave proper SP when winning some combats in the ordu camp.
- Lucius no longer appears on TG5 if he died on TG3.

Changes:

- Reduced bola effects duration from 4 to 2 turns.
- Throwing a bola to the head is harder to do and costs more AP.
- Crossbow's knockdown effect duration changed from 2 turns to 1 turn.
- The abyss "fog" check now checks for a sum of Strength and Constitution (with a min required), and takes 5 max HP permanently on success.
- You can now use an unidentified prospector mask in the abyss if you have high enough lore.
- Made the streetwise + charisma dialogue with the bandits in Darius tomb tiered (high charisma lowers the skill check).
- Gave the merc in the assassin vignette a sword, as the description implied.

Improvements:

- Improved the camera position for when you go through the gates in Maadoran.
- Closing a slide now has a nice fade out effect.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Ran into some problems with the old build not mentioned in the update:

- During the streetwise/persuasion route in the Daratan compound, the game crashes if I agree to the fight suggested by Flavius.

- Game would crash while going up/down the ladder in the Aurelian outpost. When it happened, I had used Coltan's poison (which was a very nice addition, cheers for that).

- Slaves in the Teron marketplace do not always carry boxes and jars correctly, instead they sometimes walk and have the goods hovering in front of them.

- Forced inventory re-arrangement still happens in some fights, so far I have noticed the fight against the thugs in the Mercenary vignette (switches weapon for net) and the confrontation with Flavius when you CS-killed his guards.

Also, some minor issues:

- The Imperial Guard rank is never updated on the character screen. It simply stays at Legionary, even if you get promotions to Decurion and Centurion.

- The IG Quartermaster in Maadoran won't trade with you despite being a member, and the gateguards at the fort ought to at least salute or something depending on rank.

- The enemies during the first IG quest do not attack even when you get very close, not sure if this is intended. Quite nice though, I could circle around and start out by taking out the merchant.

- Similarly, the young spy during the first Assassin's Guild quest does not initiate combat immediately, though he attacks when you come close. This should probably be changed, because it allows for cheesy use of healing salve.

- The second IG quest is a bit easier now, but still suffers from the same issue with all your allies running down the ladder (if you use the intelligent route), leaving you to soak up those accursed arrows of doom.

- The bandit camp description still says that the bandits ready their crossbows as you arrive, even though their ranged fighters only use bows.

Some more general impressions:

- The new descriptions are great and contribute nicely to the atmosphere. It would of course be neat if some of them had more practical applications, such as giving you an edge in quests and whatnot (of course, could be that some do and I just have to discover them).

- I really enjoy the new AP-based inventory system, definitely a major improvement. Also, nice touch to prevent armour-switching mid combat. It makes some fights a bit more tricky, but it does seem more realistic.

- Maadoran looks great and has some lovely descriptions and encounters, but all in all it is far too empty. It could use moar filler characters and additional merchants that don't sell crap like the one outside the Commercium temple. Also, perhaps the map could include a teleportaishun link to the healer, I ran around with 5 hps looking for it the first time around and ended up in the blasted riot. Suffice it to say that it did not end well. :lol:

Anyway, will give the new version a try now, after some dabbling with a spear-wielding IG and a rather painful experience as a diplomat-fighter hybrid, I was having quite some success with a strictly combat-oriented shamshir-toting dodger, so I will recreate him from scratch and soldier on.

hiver

New Extended Demo version uploaded R4.1.
Where do i get it?
my bmt micro links say that the "password is blocked".

(yeah, it was the money... i tried spending all of the money and then talking and then i get that "leave" as only dialogue option. Its all your fault because it took so much time to release this that the mass market dumbed me down in the meantime! Im suing you all for mental damages! :P)

hiver

I have a small suggestion for the Ui. I really, really like all of it, i would even say its the best looking (utility included) Ui that ive played with so far, really. But as i was playing i got this small idea.

2ptotZF.jpg
XmMoIqq.jpg

Whatya think? It seems to me like this fills the space a bit better. Lets it breathe a little bit more, sort of. I even like this second triangular setup more. - i tried to just shift the three icons left in vertical position but it doesnt look as good.
The right side of the screen does feel a bit empty, during the normal play since all stuff is either on the left or bunched in the middle, too close to the weapons and main gaming icons bar. This way, help and main options icon are moved a bit away from gaming icons, - while the "center on character is clearly closer - which fits with it being more gameplay related too.

-edit- especially if you mean to add belt bags to the Ui, which would fit nicely just to the left and right of the weapons, separated by a few millimeters and in their own little "windows".

Saduj

Arcane
Just got through demo as assassin. Still had the occasional lock up on loading screens.

Not sure if someone mentioned this or not, but spare arrows are impossible to drop, sell or break down via crafting. I also ran into a problem where if I had more than one of the same weapon, I was unable to drop them whether I chose one, some or all - although I could sell them or transfer them when looting a corpse.

2nd slide on my ending screen said <getSlide Text Byld error>

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I reached Crafting level 5 and the description says that "Steel, the noblest of metals, has opened up its secrets to you. Great Success!"

only...

I get told my skill isn't high enough when I try to craft with Steel. Oops.

hiver

This is not hivers bugs and problems thread.

- reported silk and jc for being off topic -

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Finished the demo today as an Imperial Guard, it was mighty entertaining and ran very smoothly, no major bugs at all in the path I took (aside from those already mentioned).

Here is my pimpin' little fella:

rVmAXT7.jpg

Unfortunately I never got enough crafting to create a mithril auxiliary armour, but the one from the champ definitely worked well enough. Nets are a godsend and work wonders with the shamshir counter-attacks.

Of course, I doubt I would have done so well without crafting, it was definitely worth it to prioritise that over streetwise and alchemy (which also provided the rare pleasure of being ripped off by Feng).

lGC7N2m.jpg

Above are the stats prior to the last fight, which I won with just a single hp left. Intense, to say the least. :lol:

Of course, that was not so different from the other difficult fights, I was often pretty damn close to death:

FcxOS5U.jpg

:bounce:

57BdKSg.jpg

:yeah:

Also, here are some pics of the slaves using psyker magjifiks to slack off on the job:

2IBU4y0.jpg

juGci9C.jpg

Finally, some additional minor issues I stumbled upon:

- Healing salves cannot be applied in succession, I have to exit and re-enter the inventory to use two, otherwise I only get healing from one of them.

- The thug behind Cado's tavern still doesn't yield the lovely CS-kill sound.

- The ammunition stacks from the female assassin in AG1, the merchant in IG1 and some other enemy I cannot recall at the moment remain fixed in the inventory. It is impossible to sell them off or drop them, and if I put some in an inventory slot and drop them that way, the game crashes when I close the inventory window.

- Gracchus the Red still has his double crossbow on his person if you kill him after he gave it to you (and speaking of which, it would be sweet to have a CS option or something to turn on the survivors).

- Hermon's cape is invisible in the inventory window when I try to loot it, might be due to the colour or something.

Saduj

Arcane
I reached Crafting level 5 and the description says that "Steel, the noblest of metals, has opened up its secrets to you. Great Success!"

only...

I get told my skill isn't high enough when I try to craft with Steel. Oops.

I noticed that too. But I think its referring to the fact that you can decompose steel items at that point. Even at level 6, I could make steel daggers but not steel armor. So yeah, its misleading.

Another bug I just noticed - I agreed to work with Marcus Valla but I took the "I'm working on it" option with Amerius when he asked me what happened so he he's still waiting around. I later decided that I didn't want to work with Valla anymore. Talking to Amerius didn't yield any new options so I spoke to Valla. I could only tell him that I hadn't yet done what we agreed upon. So I decided to let Valla know I changed my mind by going into combat mode and killing him. As soon as he's dead, combat ends and his bodyguards just stand there like nothing happened. I can also enter into combat with them, wound one then end combat and none of them, including the one I attacked, reacted.

Also, I'm taking it that the reputation system, other than Body Count, isn't implemented for the newer content yet.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Above are the stats prior to the last fight, which I won with just a single hp left. Intense, to say the least. :lol:
The best kind of fights.

:salute:

Also, I'm taking it that the reputation system, other than Body Count, isn't implemented for the newer content yet.
Will be added shortly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom