Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R.U.S.E.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I have two issues with the game.

1. Retard Sheridan.

2. No German campaign.

Also, it's primitive and SP WoW is far better in complexity. Victoria 2 combined with SP WoW on strategy map would leap and bound above both games.

YourConscience

Scholar
SP WoW? Single Player World of Warcraft?! Doesn't make any sense. What's sheridan?

Also, why are so many people stuck on the console thing? Until everyone told me here, I didn't even know it had to do anything with consoles. It certainly didn't bother me while playing and it certainly didn't feel like a typical console game (like Oblivion felt, for example). Where's all the hate coming from? Especially since none of the haters have had anything substantial to say so far...

anus_pounder

Arcane
Raghar said:

1. Retard Sheridan.

2. No German campaign.

Also, it's primitive and SP WoW is far better in complexity. Victoria 2 combined with SP WoW on strategy map would leap and bound above both games.

Actually, there is a german campaign according to wikipedia at least. Which is the only reason I'm torrenting it when the windows version is out.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
anus_pounder said:
Raghar said:

1. Retard Sheridan.

2. No German campaign.

Actually, there is a german campaign according to wikipedia at least. Which is the only reason I'm torrenting it when the windows version is out.

There is one campaign that switches to different points of view at times. Don't know how many missions the Germans get though. I read that it's just a few. Other Allied nations also get a mission or two apparently.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Somehow I thought about 'u raff u ruse' when first reading the title. Wasnt dissapointed.

anus_pounder

Arcane
commie said:
anus_pounder said:
Raghar said:

1. Retard Sheridan.

2. No German campaign.

There is one campaign that switches to different points of view at times. Don't know how many missions the Germans get though. I read that it's just a few. Other Allied nations also get a mission or two apparently.

wtf srsly srs? :x

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
YourConscience said:
SP WoW? Single Player World of Warcraft?!
It should be WaW. http://www.bostream.nu/brickhouse/spwaw.html

Doesn't make any sense. What's sheridan?
A retard with an altitude, a main character of the main campaign. When you would like to play these two defensive missions as Germans, you must survive his bitching. (Even Shepard was less bitching than that xxx.)

Well, at least there are skirmishes.

Yes anus_pounder. Seriously. The game is politically correct.

We should hope for an German campaign expansion, or mods, as that map is actually nicely looking. But, SP WaW (or Close Combat) is leaps and bounds above in detail and complexity. (For example, AT guns can't engage infantry at all. That's probably fine for balance in multiplayer, but...)

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Sorry we people in the gaming industry can't make games with german campaigns for would-be nazi teenagers who're just too scared to fight their opponents in the streets so they listen to RAC on youtube to get their thrill (not even the balls to wear bleached jeans and a bomber jacket to go to work, sorry, school, kiddos).
Call us PC.
I call myself real-life.

This is totally a non-issue about the gameplay of Ruse, by the way.
Storyfags? :smug:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Tramboi said:
Sorry we people in the the gaming industry can't make games with german campaigns for would-be nazi teenagers who're just too scared to fight their opponents in the streets so they listen to RAC on youtube to get their thrill (not even the balls to wear bleached jeans and a bomber jacket to go to work, sorry, school, kiddos).
Call us PC.
I call myself real-life.

:lol: :lol:

I can see retardation has hit the industry well.

Erzherzog

Magister
Tramboi said:
Sorry we people in the the gaming industry can't make games with german campaigns for would-be nazi teenagers who're just too scared to fight their opponents in the streets so they listen to RAC on youtube to get their thrill (not even the balls to wear bleached jeans and a bomber jacket to go to work, sorry, school, kiddos).
Call us PC.
I call myself real-life.

This is priceless. Hell, it's even better than Bethesda's or Bioware's attempts of downplaying criticism!

"Our game has less content than is expected, clearly anyone wanting more content is a racist and a fascist!"

Holy fucking shit.

Angthoron

Arcane
Actually, from playing the demo, I really hated the Sheridan character as well. Is he made to be such a gigantic douche on purpose or what?

anus_pounder

Arcane
Tramboi said:
Call us PC.
I call myself real-life.

:/

:D

:lol:

Korgan

Arbiter
Tramboi said:
Call us PC.
I call myself real-life.
:retarded:
Wait, are you for real? Did you just imply that every fucking wargamer who ever played as the Axis in Panzer General et al is a nazi?
Guys, people need to see this.

entertainer

Arbiter
Actually most of those who play as axis in any game are nazi wannabe teenagers though, can't count the times i've seen 14 year olds with SS in their nicknames while playing RO

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
He he, I'm glad my troll-fu was codex-worth!
More seriously, did you know you can't really make a SS division playable in a WW2 game if you want to be authorised to sell it in Germany?
This or representations of the swastika?

By the way, you don't lose much by not having a german or russian compaign in my opinion because the heart of the game is really multiplayer, the campaign is more of a giant tutorial.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Considering the amount of wannabe-nazis on these forums, Tramboi wasn't that far off.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Tramboi said:
He he, I'm glad my troll-fu was codex-worth!
More seriously, did you know you can't really make a SS division playable in a WW2 game if you want to be authorised to sell it in Germany?
This or representations of the swastika?

By the way, you don't lose much by not having a german or russian compaign in my opinion because the heart of the game is really multiplayer, the campaign is more of a giant tutorial.

I'll give you this much, at least you have the balls to come right out and say it.

YourConscience

Scholar
The arrrrr version won't give you access to the single-best and most important feature of the game, multiplayer. And the AI, while quite competent, just doesn't display the wide range of brilliance paired with huge mistakes that humans do.

Achilles

Arcane
Does the demo include multiplayer? I played the custom mission but I can't remember if there was multiplayer included.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom