Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PtD source code download link

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Game sluggishness bothers me also. Maybe after we fix all these bugs we can look into options to speed up combat clock.

x1.5/x2 walking speed wouldn't hurt either.
Got another crash while trying to travel to Kellen (from the map, clicked on Kellen's "square", yes to fast travel and CTD)
V1.8 64bits exe

This game is addictive, first impression was: "What am I doing, I want to drop it yesterday!" and after a while, you get used to the minor inconveniences and get sucked in.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I cleared the wolf's den, apparently no issue with the wall texture (worst part was in the sewers, I think) and rotating the camera doesn't seem to crash the game anymore, I turned it in all directions for a while and nothing happened, aside from losing my marbles.

Edit: Tried fast travel again towards the starting village, it worked.
Trading CTD while right clicking a stack of "chips" to examine it.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Started a new run with the updated 64 bit exe, much improved only encountered 2 random crashes and been unable to replicate them.

1st: got a crash spending skill points to upgrade a skill before confirmation window popped up, only happened once and hasn't happened in hours of play since.

2nd: got a crash dragging and dropping from one character inventory to another, tried to replicate by just ad nauseum moving them probably gave up after 50 items.

Good effort, now all we need is a functioning journal and correct maps.:salute:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I just got a weird bug I never encountered in the original 1.8 version.

64bits version
While resting outside, got a random encounter, I can't see my opponents (maybe I just didn't spot them) and no action is validated, I tried casting spells, waiting and defending 10+ times, nothing sticks.
Well, I tried walking, clicked like a headless fantadomat and it finally crashed.

As for fast travel, the count is now 2/2 (Working/CTD).

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
64 bit exe, Land's End Malpia's Cavern. In the cave there is a texture glitch in which the floor tiles continue past the walls instead of becoming black making me have to rotate a lot to the path through it: Saved, reloaded, exit the cave and reentered, quit and restarted and it persisted. Lupin cave in Kellen worked fine. This cave loaded fine in your previous release.
jdynLIJ.png

Ninjerk

Arcane
Disclaimer: very unsophisticated user here, I installed VS Community and am trying to build the project. At the moment, I am unable to build the project via the contemporary VS version I have installed because it cannot find the 2017 build tools. I installed the 2017 build tools via https://my.visualstudio.com/Downloads?q=Visual Studio 2017 and launching those build tools via the installer takes me to a command line prompt which I'm unprepared to use effectively. Perhaps I'm overcomplicating the process?

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Disclaimer: very unsophisticated user here, I installed VS Community and am trying to build the project. At the moment, I am unable to build the project via the contemporary VS version I have installed because it cannot find the 2017 build tools. I installed the 2017 build tools via https://my.visualstudio.com/Downloads?q=Visual Studio 2017 and launching those build tools via the installer takes me to a command line prompt which I'm unprepared to use effectively. Perhaps I'm overcomplicating the process?
asfasdf works with the bundled .sln but I use CMake to generate the solution.
Maybe you'll have more luck with this process ?
Please see the README.md file, I wrote a very sketchy barebone recipe to do so. Try to follow it, and please tell me your woes and I'll improve the paragraph :)

Ninjerk

Arcane
asfasdf works with the bundled .sln but I use CMake to generate the solution.
Maybe you'll have more luck with this process ?
Please see the README.md file, I wrote a very sketchy barebone recipe to do so. Try to follow it, and please tell me your woes and I'll improve the paragraph :)
Here is what I already have:
-installed Ptd v1.8 from myabandonware into the x86 Program Files directory
-extracted dependencies from your linked zip in response to Darth Canoli
-extracted the 1.01 release from github (different drive and folder from the game directory)

It's difficult to express my level of confusion with the outlined steps in the readme. I vaguely remember that we used cmake in one of my introductory programming courses in uni (I didn't finish in the CS program because C++).

Am I running the "cmake etc." line in "Command Prompt"? I'm using Windows 10.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm confused. Do you want to build your own exe or do you only want to play asfasdf 's builds ?
The README is about building your own exe.
I expected some mutual confusion because I'm not confident I have the language to explain my own confusion XD

Ultimately, I want to play the game with the fixes and I'm willing to update the thread with any bugs I find. I don't have any pressing desire to build my own .exe. I presumed from the instructions that I must build my own .exe in order to play the game with the fixes.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Okay, I got the program running, created my party, and began the game. My characters approach a guy in a building. I cannot move the cursor using my touchpad. I pressed spacebar to see what would happen. Windows informs me that Prelude64.exe is not responding (I initially chose to wait, then force closed it upon being immediately being presented with the option again).

EDIT: For quickness' sake, I tried again with the pregenerated characters. I guess you're not supposed to be able to freely move the cursor immediately, because once dialogue begins I can use the cursor. The above may be erroneous. I'm not sure what the deal with the spacebar is but I assume I interrupted the game from doing something.

Last edited:

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The game does lock up the cursor in several occasions, we might change this in the future but it is the expected behavior for now.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
asfasdf

v1.02 64 bits
Tried fast travel to watcher's retreat (both times) and I'm stuck on the confirmation screen with the yes / no button which are clickable but do nothing and I can't get out. (except by force closing PtD)

Edit : I tried again but from outside Kellen, it worked but on arrival, an event started (lupins pickins on some bones) and the game crashed.

Edit2: Fast travel to land's end west worked.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
"Buy and Selling" topic cannot be found (I accessed this help menu upon initiating barter with the bartender after the dream sequence).

Darth Canoli

Arcane
AZERTY keyboard now works except for ? and M keys not properly switched.
Fast travel and location compass still crash frequently.

Caves textures don't crash the game so far (lupin den near Kellen and Mantis Lair near the Academia)

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Thank you for the reports.
"Buy and Selling" is not in the game data, but we can fix this later.
I fixed the M key for AZERTY support.
And some other fixes are coming !

Modron

Arcane
Modron do you have a save in that cave?
Just started a new game and quick traveled there in 1.02 64 bit
https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/FbNIcxp4/file.html

Still getting the occasional CtD in 64 bit version when bringing up the map, not really something I've been able to force by spamming the opening and closing of the map just something that has happened 3-5 times randomly over several hours.
v1.02 64 bits
Tried fast travel to watcher's retreat (both times) and I'm stuck on the confirmation screen with the yes / no button which are clickable but do nothing and I can't get out. (except by force closing PtD)
Y/N on the keyboard works for confirmations as well, give that a shot if it happens again next time (also useful for when spending skill points).

Edit: base game seems to be immune to print screen capture so here is a base 1.8 save in the same caves:
https://www14.zippyshare.com/v/fKhkKTTv/file.html

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Crashed the game using the map. I had just finished a battle vs. 3 creepers and had my camera set low towards the east (I was trying to find the small cluster of buildings on the map just south of Kellen, as I assumed this is where the shopkeeper went to meet "Deepthroat").

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
64-bit, one of the demons in the prologue battle got stuck trying to walk around (looked like it was trying to get behind one of my chars maybe?) and soft-locked the game.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Alright I fixed the damn flooring in the caves, this game is full of hackish stuff that flied in DX7 for some reason.

I have been trying to reproduce the other things you described here but I haven't managed to get the crashes. If you have a save where it always, or almost always happens (ie. load game, do this and that and crash), that would help a lot.

Modron

Arcane
In your 32 bit experimental free camera exe version no location markers display (besides the main city markers) e.g.: caves, houses, quest markers, shops, et cetera.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom