Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[PS2] Wizardry Gaiden - Prisoners of the Battles map?

Virukansu

Literate
Very nice, I'm glad people are still interested in the obscure Wizardry titles and making them more available. Do post any updates on future progress.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That's the intention. Specially when they are great entries on the franchise. When aweigh told me he lost his files with all the progress in the translation was a blow, but I decided to try it myself.

The game plays very well due to improved interface, has good graphics and art. True classic Wizardry heir, without some of the annoyances of the first versions of 1-5.

What I don't know is if I can post here a link to the ISOs with the progress due to the game being abandonware.

Virukansu

Literate
That's always kinda a grey area, romhacking.net provides just the translations without game files to keep stuff legal.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have been working on the translation. There are some parts that are encoded that I won't be able to translate, like quest texts and some minor parts like the "Ouch!" message when hitting a wall.

The good thing is that the battle engine, which is the more important thing is in plain text. So I have made some progress. Between this and a lot of parts that were already translated in the released game, is going to be a very functional translation IMO, although not perfect. A pitty about puzzles and quest texts.

fc3bae524a5bd8ab216dc41721d00a78.jpg

ff4f389e29bd62edea99066f44d3c4e3.png

a616dc3d0e99adda806f709af0b78e18.jpg

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm almost done with all the the combat engine.

I have also done almost all can be done with the city menus, like the level up one in the inn or the shop:

d0c1e1e12562d320acc3361b672155b3.png

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Here is the first translation. It's a shame that quest texts can't be translated with my knowledge, but with the combat, menus, and the good chunk that was translated by the devs I think the game is very playable.

It's not perfect, but I hope you find it useful. I completed the first dungeon and began playing the second one. When I make a complete walkhtrough of the game I will probably polish it and add something I could have missed. But if you are willing to play the game, try it, I think is worth it in this stage.

REDACTED

For the quest texts I recommend this OCR software that includes translation feature, it should help you.

http://capture2text.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Matador that looks fantastic! Amazing work.

Yeah, the quest text / dungeon event text is compressed or encrypted, and I never found any way to access it. It's not that big of a deal though, I finished the game just fine with the in-dungeon event text in japanese.

With the work you're doing I think the game is absolutely more than "playable"!

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Thanks man. I think japs got it. Wiz 1-5 design is much stronger to Wiz 6-8 (I still love them). This game is a good iteration of that philosophy judging first dungeon, and it looks great. Recommended to all.

CallMeSnek

Novice
Just want to to say that I really appreciate the translation efforts. You guys do such great work for something so incredibly obscure. Brings a tear to my eye.

I'm just starting Empire II, but I fully intend to play this one later someday.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Im drunk as fuck right now but my words shall still ring true and its gotta be said: aweigh is a fucking treasure to this site and to everyone who loves wizardrylikes. Salute to you my friend! :salute:

Lord Marcus

Novice
Anyone got a map of levels B4 and B5 Lude Dungeon please?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom