Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Thanks guys!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:incline: of inXile.

I honestly think this will make the new Torment a better game. Congratulations! :bro:

EDIT: This should also generate a bit more buzz for Primordia, so win-win.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
MRY - Codex TToN stretch goal :D

Congrats !

:bro:

Fargo is sure good at spotting new talent. Now, after STASIS is released and inevitably is a success, we need to get Pyke it touch with Inexile and we'll finally get that isometric RPG we've been dreaming of.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support, and will remember it with wistful fondness when the pitchfork-wielding mobs are coming for me.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Against the dubious chance that there is a Francophone Codexer who has not yet played Primordia, but wants to, allow me to say that we now have a French translation. It's a beautiful translation that retains the English VO but truly "localizes" the text.

http://primordia-game.com/french.html

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is disappointing that Wadjet Eye does not want to include the translation as a part of official build, as it will limit its availability to people who already actively seek information about the game (so, essentially, existing fans).

I believe it is also a mistake business-wise, as having French listed as an available language on Steam and GOG would simply increase the sales. SteamSpy recently tweeted about that - localized version can make a game commercially succesful in certain countries.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
C'est merde!! Ou est le WC?

I think this is the extent of my French. Nice job. Translations can be hard. I'm still working on how to get QFI translated properly into Italian and Russian. There's two groups working on it independently.

Bt

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Price is a big issue. although I'm surprised it hasn't been done for the more well received games. We are honestly expecting about 60% of our market to be 'foreign'. There are other issues to take into consideration - translating adventure games can be super expensive, and you really do have to plan translations from an early time or at least be flexible enough to make the changes you need. In-game graphics may have to change (if they are puzzle specific), your spacing of things is super important (German is a verbose language!), your font choice needs to be universal enough to have all of the proper characters(Russian has some super strange looking punctuation). Going with a 'low res' font may look amazing - but I can see where it could cause some issues with translations.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Pyke: The translation is done, including font, graphics, adjustments to the audio files (still in English, but with added silence at the end to accomodate the longer French lines), etc. So there wouldn't be any additional cost in packaging it. C'est la vie, though.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
There was a Russian hacking/pirating group that unofficially translated Primordia (much to my pleasure, to be honest) -- do you want me to dig up and send you their contact information so you can see if any of them want to assist in the QFI job?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There was a Russian hacking/pirating group that unofficially translated Primordia (much to my pleasure, to be honest) -- do you want me to dig up and send you their contact information so you can see if any of them want to assist in the QFI job?

It might be the same group that's already doing it! They sent me an email and posted on our forums.

Bt

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

It might be the same group that's already doing it! They sent me an email and posted on our forums.

Bt

Yeah and I already have people asking me when are we going to have the Russian translation on GOG :)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
For those who are curious, I've just put up a post with our 2016-targeted games: Until I Have You, a platformer led by Primordia's coder (James Spanos); Trenchmouth, a point-and-click led by Primordia's artist (Victor Pflug), and Fallen Gods, an RPG, led by me. I've been nervous to unveil Fallen Gods, and I don't think this is really a suitable unveiling, but anyway, it has some stuff about it. More to come. Someday. If TTON doesn't kill me.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Platformers are incredibly oversaturated in indie game development, so much so that they've become the scene's defining and most recognizable stereotype. We've lately achieved supercritical levels of self-parody thanks to a few indie platformer developers bemoaning the lack of sales of their games, and blaming every possible factor other than their game being yet another puzzle platformer into an ocean of puzzle platformers.

My point is that if you're going to develop a platformer, it had better be something special and genuinely different.

Can't wait to get my hands on the point 'n' click and RPG, though. Primordia was fantastic, a welcome breath of old air.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The platformer is really James's show -- my role is pretty ancillary. I do think it's distinctive, though I'm not sure that its distinctions quite work for me. It has a very different control scheme and logic to it, as much endless runner as platformer, but with a heavier combat component. I've never been able to master the controls, so to me it is very frustrating even by comparison to super demanding platformers such as Super Meatboy. But it's certainly different! (It's definitely *not* a puzzle platformer.)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
From what I have seen of Until I Have You (James Spanos' platformer), it seems pretty cool. Love the cyberpunk aesthetic and overall mood. However, this is not really my genre*, so I cannot speak about the gameplay (I have only seen it on YouTube too).

*Though I have been playing Giana Sisters recently, because my three-years-old son likes to watch the girl running and jumping on chickens

Obviously I am much more interested in Fallen Gods. And I have not heard of Trenchmouth previously, so I need to check that out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom