Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Some thoughts:
Thanks so much! A couple quick responses.

The two puzzles that I needed a walkthrough, were stuffing the nose of Goliath (could have known that, if I looked more carefully because you can actually see the robot "breathing" ie. filtering air in the animation graphics.)
Also, Crispin doesn't behave wholly logically here; there's no real way he could move that stuff into position. I feel like that puzzle, which isn't bad, is nevertheless a legacy of the game's originally somewhat lighter tone.
Other one was the "redlien" entry, did not see "ART", I'm not too good with those kind of puzzles, and the redline -> redlien intentional "typo" set me off course, me trying different misspelled variations of certain words.
Yeah, this one trips up everyone. I wish I could've done it slightly better because I think that the overall puzzle is really cool, but ART is just slightly too hard.
Oh yeah, the copper wires / have Crispin practice I also didn't get on my own (but it is mandatory, you cannot return the broken engine to the singing robot "I should probably fix that first")
Not mandatory. Crispin warns you off the first time, but you can give it to Gimbal if you try again. Probably could've been cued better; I realize the adventure game standard is no once means no always.
Like others, I do feel the end came a bit sudden - after the information you are given as a player, I really did expect to visit the Cathedral before final confrontation with MetroMind.
Yeah, I've written somewhere else that in hindsight, the escape from the tower should've been done via a cable car that dumped you in the Cathedral. Thematically it would've worked pretty well, too. Oh well. :/

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Finally bought this and finished this one on Sunday afternoon.

My first play-through took pretty much all afternoon + night. Started about 1 pm finished it before I went to bed about 11 pm or so. On my first run-through I:
- Killed Gamma. Plasma welded the monitor he was in, thinking I could go back to the brain or something but when they started saying "RUINED" I went into puzzle adventure mode and went "pfft, must be the only way to solve that puzzle. I did note Crispin's "Wait, there must be another way" line...
- Judged the case myself. Got the old coin. Tried multiple options with save load which was pretty cool but ultimately went with Factorbuiltbuilt because it sounded the coolest. :cool:
- Gave Gymbal the broken motor (didn't figure out how to get the copper-wire). Again, "there must be another way..." line, only this time it actually triggered me into thinking "Hang on, maybe these things actually do have multiple solutions that mean something"... Especially after the Rex legal issue.
- 187 shot Scraper. I didn't notice the bomblet the first time (realised it on my second play-through when the Leobuilt guy says "gave him something from the shrine" and immediately kept a look-out for an option to use the remote on Scraper).
- Got Primer to decode the council code, even though I had figured it out myself by that time.
- Saved / Reloaded and got a bunch of different endings. Eventually went with the threaten, and rebuilt Crispy and What's-her-face.

Either way, made me play it again (which I'm still doing) just to fix some things. Fixing Goliath this time for example, trying to work out how to fix the sad robot at the moment, how to stop Oswald drinking and looking for some other way to clean gears... Came online really to look for the train door, sheet metal in the ship and what to trade with Leo for the Plug board thinking it might be useful. A bit disappointed there's aren't options. As I really like the idea of multiple solutions and different choices you have to make.

EG: It kinda sucked that you either get a Top Hat or old Coin from Cornelius and both of them are traded for the same thing. There's no other purpose to either of them?

Really fell in love with the world and story though and definitely want to get to the end to find out more about my history this time, now I have the decoder from Goliath.

talan

Augur
I bought the pre-order box a while back, but didn't open it due to adventure game exhaustion (too close to Resonance). It's still at my parents somewhere, luckily Wadget kindly gave me a digital key.

In all, it's a very good game. Got stuck a few times, but I think I did OK after reading DU's choices.

I was looking for the Fallen story but the site seems to be down:
http://www.primordiagame.com/
Index of /
Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.primordiagame.com Port 80

talan

Augur
Thank you -- Google "primordia" comes up with the old homepage first...

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
talan Yes. Vic didn't renew the site and a cybersquatter took it. Alas. Also, the DVDs WEG burned don't actually work, so having the box wouldn't have done you much good. :)

DarkUnderlord I somehow missed your post (though in some way it was overtaken by the review). I wish we'd had time to put in more alternative paths. I agree that the hat/coin distinction should have mattered a bit more. Have you checked out "Fallen"? It continues the setting a little bit.

Starwars

Arcane
I just finished replaying this *fantastic* game, using the latest patch version and I appear to have run into a bug.

After Crispin attacks Metromind and you have that cutscene of Horus attacking Goliath/Metropol, there was no music at all playing and I seem to remember there being this epic piece playing when I first played the game.

Other than that, smooth sailing!

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Crap. I'll pass along the note to the coder. There definitely should be music there. :/

Somehow, we can never get things quite right!

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I also played a bit lately:
XiGSwZ2.png

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Since I neurotically check SteamCharts, your contributions to my psychic wellbeing are much appreciated.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Since I neurotically check SteamCharts, your contributions to my psychic wellbeing are much appreciated.
*internally debates whether or not to share Primordia's steamspy page which contains much more information and thus might feed Mark's neurosis*

[stoic] It's your responsibility now

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Oh, I've long since become aware of it. I think it's a pretty weak source of information for me, since I have actual sales figures. Since SteamSpy suggests that Primordia has been unselling games, I'm not sure what to make of it. I did like seeing the international info. SteamCharts, by contrast, can tell me on a day-to-day basis how many people are playing, which I can measure against every prior day, and against other WEG games, etc. :)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, I've long since become aware of it. I think it's a pretty weak source of information for me, since I have actual sales figures. Since SteamSpy suggests that Primordia has been unselling games, I'm not sure what to make of it. I did like seeing the international info. SteamCharts, by contrast, can tell me on a day-to-day basis how many people are playing, which I can measure against every prior day, and against other WEG games, etc. :)
Doesn't steam charts only tell you maximum simultaneous players? Steamspy tells you total players in the past 2 weeks.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
SteamCharts tells you average simultaneous players, and you can check it hourly . . . . But two-weekly would be nice too. :)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's kind of odd; it seems like the median should be either around 6 hours (which is what a relatively quick playthrough of the game should be) or around half an hour (how long it should take to figure out you don't like the game and quit). Would be nice to get a full scatterplot.

tuluse

Arcane
It's kind of odd; it seems like the median should be either around 6 hours (which is what a relatively quick playthrough of the game should be) or around half an hour (how long it should take to figure out you don't like the game and quit). Would be nice to get a full scatterplot.
If about half the owners are 0 or essentially 0 time played, and about half are 6+ hours, it would just take a few odd ducklings in the middle to hit that median.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
That's true, but it seems statistically unlikely. If you have two mode-like extremes, you would expect the median to wind up in one of them, right? (Says the person who has not touched statistics since college.)

tuluse

Arcane
That's true, but it seems statistically unlikely. If you have two mode-like extremes, you would expect the median to wind up in one of them, right? (Says the person who has not touched statistics since college.)
Statistically unlikely just means it has to happen to someone ;)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
This is not really Primordia related, except in a obnoxious l'etat c'est moi sense, but I'm pleased to say that I'll be working as a writer on T:TON. Since PS:T inspired Primordia, it feels like things have come full circle. Couldn't have gotten there without the Codex (or the Codex's support of Primodia), for a variety of reasons. So, thanks guys!

tuluse

Arcane
This is not really Primordia related, except in a obnoxious l'etat c'est moi sense, but I'm pleased to say that I'll be working as a writer on T:TON. Since PS:T inspired Primordia, it feels like things have come full circle. Couldn't have gotten there without the Codex (or the Codex's support of Primodia), for a variety of reasons. So, thanks guys!
Awesome! You definitely deserve it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom