Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Polygon reports on Might & Magic X Legacy at PAX East, game to be released in September

Lord Andre

Arcane
Man, fuck everybody's nostalgia ! Why the fuck would you make a step-based blober in a full 3d engine. Do you have 2 people with a budget of 50$ and a happy meal ? Learn to free roam bitch, Wolfenstein 3d says hi !

Where are my big ass hand drawn inventory items, where's the paper doll ?

Ah, fuck it ! Why am I even bothering. Might and magic is dead and it will stay dead. I knew that from the start. Whatever this is, it's not M&M, just some random vapourware to try for a few hours and then never play again.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
0-mm10_screenshot_004.jpg
0-mm10_screenshot_005.jpg

I imagine the paper doll would be in the "Equipment" tab which isn't shown here. Lord Andre, you're trying too hard.

Lord Andre

Arcane
lots of whining
7pTVl29.png

Apart from that, also in the bottom right corner, there is a bigger circle that looks like it might be for a minimap (with quest markers), that hasn't been implemented yet, so...

Oh yeah. They have a working demo, but they haven't started developing graphic assets yet. I'm sure they will start drawing art for 200+ items right away. This will look totally different by the time it's out. Get fucking real.

Wizfall

Cipher
Q thanks fir the link.
Lord Andre you can see a sub menu equipment and skill.
The screenshot shows the skill part, it's quite highly possible that the equipment part has paper doll.
It's also possible we don't see all the attribute (the little arrow) and we don't see for sure all the skills.
It's work in progress anyway.
I would rather like free roaming like MM6+ or W8 but don't mind step based.
About the graphics it reminds me MM3 graphics style.
I don't understand people saying "it's not MM" when talking about the graphics.
Unless they only know MM6+, i like better MM3 graphics style anyway.
I don't mind shorter gameplay time but 25h is really short for a blobber.
Well if the games is crap it doesn't matter and if the games is good that will already be a miracle in this day and age so...

catfood

AGAIN

I imagine the paper doll would be in the "Equipment" tab which isn't shown here. Lord Andre, you're trying too hard.

The selected character is level 11 but has already mastered fire magic? I hope it's a thing that is to be fixed during balancing. Otherwise I dread to think that you will be able to master pretty much everything by the end of the game. Though knowing Ubisoft that's likely to happen.

catfood

AGAIN
I wonder what "Awards" is.. Was that in the other M&M? I don't remember anything from them.
Well they had something simmilar. For instance in WOX I remember that you could get the title of 'Crusader' after doing a quest, which granted you access to a castle.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

The selected character is level 11 but has already mastered fire magic? I hope it's a thing that is to be fixed during balancing. Otherwise I dread to think that you will be able to master pretty much everything by the end of the game. Though knowing Ubisoft that's likely to happen.

Shit WOW/D3 interface detected.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm genuinely wondering here, what is the point of step movement? Besides being console/tablet-friendly?
It's a typo from this somewhat questionable journ-o-list. Meant to write 250 hours.

If only...
Nope it's 2,5
:troll:

And 25 is somewhat great, for nowadays gaming standarts for singleplayer.

Maybe if it was a FPS, but even Bethturds and Biowhore efforts are from substantially to several times longer.
DA:O: 40 hours (15 hours for just the main quest)
Fallout 3: 30 hours (10 hours for just the main quest)
Mass Effect: 30 hours (more if you are a retard who likes scanning planets)

Now why did we stop handing out dumbfuck tags again?

25 hours of potentially good old skool blobber gameplay v.s. 300+ hours of eating shit in Skyturd. Which is better and why?

Why do you lie? I went through every inch of Fallout 3 and it took 100 hours. That's doing everything. Ok I used the mods to slow progression and try and make it difficult but even if that doubled the amount of time, it's still 50 hours minimum to do everything on a first and only run.

DA:O took 48 hours doing everything for just 1 origin story. But of course I replayed the ending part a few times to do all combinations, so maybe that would make it 40 hours then for one go. Probably would be another 10 hours doing all the Origins.

ME1 took 36 hours doing everything.

Any fuckwit can finish FO1 in a few minutes, but that's no representation of longevity.

Besides, even taking your shit numbers, they are STILL MORE than the numbers quoted for a supposed OPEN WORLD OLD STYLE CRAWLER done to completion by doing everything which is what this guy was saying. Reps always like to exaggerate anyway, so if he's saying 25 hours, it's the very MOST it could be by fucking around in the game and going everywhere nice and slow. I bet if you just followed the main quest in MMX it would take a third of quoted time as well, so still would be less than the FO3 minimum time.

Only a rancid Ubishit cock slurping faggot would defend a playtime of 25 hours for a crawler by pulling numbers from mainstream games out of his arse to compare to and try to limp dickedly justify the shit game play time, a faggot like YOU. At best you narrowed the difference in game play time to 10-15 hours compared to current gen popamoles though it still comes up badly. Why not compare to the original games or Wizardry then? Cause it would look even worse!

So tl;dr

A DUMBFUCK IS YOU.

:smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm, I'm not aware that there's anything actually wrong with WoW's interface. For example, Brian Fargo has said that Wasteland 2 is inspired by WoW in terms of its interface customizability.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Many people are saying the graphics are similar to older iterations of the series. To me it looks similar to M&M9 - low budget, unimaginitive, minimalistic hogwash.

But the deal breaker has to be the step based movement. Unless you're a poor, poor indie developer that's scrounging for cash and ways to cut costs, there is no reason whatsoever to implement step-based movement in 2013. None. There is not, and there will never be, a single instant where step-based is superior to free roam from a gameplay perspective. Never ever.

Now, I can tolerate step-based if I know the developer didn't have a choice, like Cleve for example, but I will not tolerate it from Ubisoft. Fuck Ubisoft. Making a mockery of the series with this low-budget vaporware cash grab attempt.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not included in the interface: an attack rating. Everything hits! (except enemies, they can clearly miss) :troll:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Many people are saying the graphics are similar to older iterations of the series. To me it looks similar to M&M9 - low budget, unimaginitive, minimalistic hogwash.

But the deal breaker has to be the step based movement. Unless you're a poor, poor indie developer that's scrounging for cash and ways to cut costs, there is no reason whatsoever to implement step-based movement in 2013. None. There is not, and there will never be, a single instant where step-based is superior to free roam from a gameplay perspective. Never ever.

Now, I can tolerate step-based if I know the developer didn't have a choice, like Cleve for example, but I will not tolerate it from Ubisoft. Fuck Ubisoft. Making a mockery of the series with this low-budget vaporware cash grab attempt.
grid based > free roaming

Anytime, anywhere. Kindly take your retarded "it was only used due to technological limitations which we have solved already" argument somewhere else.

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mightmagicx/previews.html

A few days ago, Ubisoft announced Might & Magic X: Legacy, and the name is appropos, as the feel, strategy and style of the game harkens back to 1986 with scintillatingly retro gameplay. In short, the game is the original Might & Magic with more modern bells and whistles.

For one, towns are once again static pictures of people at the location which have basic dialog options. Clicking on, say, the local alcemist brings up a rumor she heard (more or less a tooltip in the game I played), while another option opened up a basic trade screen for potions.

Towns are gone??

How many times do you count retro or old-school in the article? I think I counted it 20 times.

Screw this, Charles' game is going to be much more interesting.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mightmagicx/previews.html

A few days ago, Ubisoft announced Might & Magic X: Legacy, and the name is appropos, as the feel, strategy and style of the game harkens back to 1986 with scintillatingly retro gameplay. In short, the game is the original Might & Magic with more modern bells and whistles.

For one, towns are once again static pictures of people at the location which have basic dialog options. Clicking on, say, the local alcemist brings up a rumor she heard (more or less a tooltip in the game I played), while another option opened up a basic trade screen for potions.

Towns are gone??

I think he is trying to say towns are just like the previous M&Ms.

Skill trainers are out. Confirmed.

DUN DUN DUNNNN!

Edit:
Well at least,

"The characters also have a very basic paper doll system for equipping items"

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You left out "as well as a shared inventory."

In before grognards cry over the loss of pointless micromanagement.

norolim

Arcane
No trainers is a shame, but I can live with that. I can also live with shared inventory and static towns. At least we now know that the gameworld is not a single city and its outskirts. It's in fact, as the author says, a "giant square-grid map", which is good. I'm still interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom