Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Let's settle this - did you buy Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Did you buy Dragon Age: Inquisition?

• Yes

Votes: 65 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 536 89.2%

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This heartrending post by Pope Amole II convinced me to finally create this poll:

We are well and truly fucked because, despite shitting all over the Bioware for the last 5 or so years (or, better phrased - for as long as I can remember here), half of the codex still buys this shit, thus supporting the Bioware financially. I mean, I'm sure at least a hundred people here bought this. And yeah, you can argue that bioware will still grab millions so they don't give a fuck if they lose here, but it's not about them loosing - it's about you not supporting the indies with the very those money.

At least a hundred, eh? Let's see if that's true.

Poll is anonymous, so buyers need not feel ashamed.

bloodlover

Arcane
In b4 the majority vote No, ofc voting while taking a break and pressing alt+tab from DA:I :smug:

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
nVuYIsF.gif

Full Mexican Origin price mistake too.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
There's no way I'm paying more than $20 for this, so I'll probably buy it one day, prob somewhere around 2016 winter, but I'm not 'buying it' no ;)

I'm thoroughly enjoying a completionist's let's play on youtube though, it's a great movie for watching the schadenfreude enfold. I'm only missing out on the occasional bit of crappy combat and the feeling of accumulating stuff, which is all a bit of a distraction to the story anyway. A bit like adverts in a TV movie. When I do eventually play it, it will be used as a pleasant time-killer, like doing a bit of needless gardening or going to a junk auction just for the lols of looking for something bizarrely interesting.

Slow James

Savant
Hadn't even entertained the idea of pre-ordering, but wanted to see if it was going to be worth a bargain bin purchase, since I could tell long ago it was not anything I'd consider an actual RPG.

I'm not sure about Origin - does it have something like a Steam sale where things cost 75% off at some point? That's my only possible way right now.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
I don't even want to play this at any price, I don't even care if it gets cracked, I don't want it on my harddrive. I've had three of Bio's new gen 'rpgs' ME1 (which I quite liked the direction of), ME2 (that made me vow to every pantheon of deities ever to be created, never to buy ME3) and the first DA (which just made me finally say "Fuck Bioware" and walk away).

I'll NEVER install another Bio game ever, ever.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hadn't even entertained the idea of pre-ordering, but wanted to see if it was going to be worth a bargain bin purchase, since I could tell long ago it was not anything I'd consider an actual RPG.

I'm not sure about Origin - does it have something like a Steam sale where things cost 75% off at some point? That's my only possible way right now.

EA games (at least the ones I pay attention to) tend to drop in price fairly quickly and significantly. I don't think I paid more than 10 bucks for DA2.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Didn't played DA2 (videos looks like shit, demo was awful). DA:O bored me to tears. So nope with all honesty. I'm too busy playing all that crap gathered from various sales, and moddings.
That remind me of old internet argue about CoD beyond Modern Warfare1 - "Don't lie to me son, you will buy next games anyway".
And guess what? Didn't bought it since. Lost interest in multiplayers FPSes.
Why do I remind about that game here, from different genre? Cause it have similiar thing - they're all harbringers of decline.

Divinity: Original Sin
well, may a lot of these "nos" are from people who torrented it. I quit on the beginning of DA:O. Which actually was not taken from an inventory. but I won't even look at this game before completing DA:O and DAII, which means it may be a long time. Maybe when it's released on gog as an old game from a defunct company.

Slow James

Savant
well, may a lot of these "nos" are from people who torrented it. I quit on the beginning of DA:O. Which actually was not taken from an inventory. but I won't even look at this game before completing DA:O and DAII, which means it may be a long time. Maybe when it's released on gog as an old game from a defunct company.

Not possible to torrent, brah. Not going to be a crack until 2015 - Denuvo is strong. FIFA came out two moths ago and still doesn't have a crack.

Divinity: Original Sin

Not possible to torrent, brah. Not going to be a crack until 2015 - Denuvo is strong. FIFA came out two moths ago and still doesn't have a crack.

Well, I don't actually follow torrent releases nowadays. Games taking more than 50 GB to download, plus 50 to install that iso image, makes that the most efficient drm ever.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I bought it, returned it within 24 hours for a refund, and now am somewhat considering buying it back again, because people say it gets a lot better.

So... yes?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
EA games (at least the ones I pay attention to) tend to drop in price fairly quickly and significantly. I don't think I paid more than 10 bucks for DA2.
Was that through Origin though? Or retail?

I don't want anyone seeing me buy a romance sim in public.

It was retail but most video game stores are empty and the counter guy will suck your dick for buying something (anything) so there's no risk of embarassment.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got a free key from a friend. Can't get myself to play it really tho and that the game now has huge memory leaks for me isn't helping

Kz3r0

Arcane
Last Bioware game I bought and played was KOTOR, I gave up on them when Jade Empire was released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom