Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PlatinumGames Got A New JRPG - Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link

Gerrard

Arcane
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201812/15169322.html

Holy shit these people are retarded.
"Why did you decide to make a fighting game based on GBF?"
"Because e-sports" (literally)
And they want for it to "be like SF2 with no combos" so that even retards who only play mobile games people who never even touched a console can play it.
:deathclaw:
I hope ASW is making bank on this garbage.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
:necro:

So at the beginning of the year there were some rumours this thing was dead, because Platinum Games left development and there was very little info about the game.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/granblue-fantasy-relink-development-moved-to-cygames-entirely-platinum-games-no-longer-involved

Granblue Fantasy: Relink development moved to Cygames entirely, Platinum Games no longer involved
Cygames committed to delivering a game that meets fans' expectations.

Cygames
Changes regarding the development of Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Tokyo-based video game publisher and developer Cygames, Inc. (HQ: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; President: Koichi Watanabe, hereinafter referred as “Cygames”) has recently been engaged in the co-development of the upcoming console game Granblue Fantasy: Relink together with esteemed developer PlatinumGames Inc.

Going forward, Cygames will handle 100 percent of development internally.

Cygames would like to assure everyone looking forward to the title that we remain committed to delivering a game that meets the expectation of our fan-base and gamers everywhere.

Source: cygames.co.jp

Platinum Games
Regarding Conclusion of the Development Contract for Granblue Fantasy: Relink

While we, PlatinumGames, have been working with Cygames in co-development of the upcoming console game Granblue Fantasy: Relink, we officially announce our contract on the project has come to an end. Development will still continue, but be handled solely by Cygames’ internal development team.

We would like to express our thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the project, and ask that the same support should continue for Granblue Fantasy: Relink as its production continues forward.

Source: platinumgames.com

But last week we finally got a new gameplay video of 4 player co-op, it looks good, and yup, it kind of resembles Dragon's Dogma. More anime and more flashy, but still, looks fun. I hope we get a PC version

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:necro:

So at the beginning of the year there were some rumours this thing was dead, because Platinum Games left development and there was very little info about the game.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/granblu...es-entirely-platinum-games-no-longer-involved

Granblue Fantasy: Relink development moved to Cygames entirely, Platinum Games no longer involved
Cygames committed to delivering a game that meets fans' expectations.

Cygames
Changes regarding the development of Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Tokyo-based video game publisher and developer Cygames, Inc. (HQ: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; President: Koichi Watanabe, hereinafter referred as “Cygames”) has recently been engaged in the co-development of the upcoming console game Granblue Fantasy: Relink together with esteemed developer PlatinumGames Inc.

Going forward, Cygames will handle 100 percent of development internally.

Cygames would like to assure everyone looking forward to the title that we remain committed to delivering a game that meets the expectation of our fan-base and gamers everywhere.

Source: cygames.co.jp

Platinum Games
Regarding Conclusion of the Development Contract for Granblue Fantasy: Relink

While we, PlatinumGames, have been working with Cygames in co-development of the upcoming console game Granblue Fantasy: Relink, we officially announce our contract on the project has come to an end. Development will still continue, but be handled solely by Cygames’ internal development team.

We would like to express our thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the project, and ask that the same support should continue for Granblue Fantasy: Relink as its production continues forward.

Source: platinumgames.com

But last week we finally got a new gameplay video of 4 player co-op, it looks good, and yup, it kind of resembles Dragon's Dogma. More anime and more flashy, but still, looks fun. I hope we get a PC version

that gameplay looks cool actually. or because i am desperate for dragons dogma 2

Hyperion

Arcane
It looks OK because no lock on system, but there's too much musou combat, and flashiness. No climbing of monsters is a huge negative. Lack of directives to allies it would seem, maybe that just wasn't used. Dragon's Dogma magic was far cooler. Never in a game has using Tornado, Meteor, Earthquake etc ever been as cool.

And let's be real....the pawn system sent DD from a game with excellent combat to a well-rounded ARPG with the best online integration system an otherwise singleplayer game has ever had. And somehow nobody has ever even tried to imitate it.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Granblue-Fantasy-Relink_20201212_01.jpg

New gameplay:

A 2022 release for a PS4 game sounds pretty worrisome. DOA game

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The title needs an update. PlatinumGames aren't involved with this in any capacity.

I think we'll be getting PS4 games up to 2024 or 2025. It's one of the best selling consoles there is, the PS5 will probably be slow going to getting to those high numbers, most stuff will probably run perfectly fine on PS4 still, and PS4 games can play on PS5. Looking at that Capcom leak they've got plans for games that haven't even been announced yet to come out on PS4.

But it's getting a PS5 version too.

The title needs an update. PlatinumGames aren't involved with this in any capacity.

As far as I can tell their work is still in the game. It sounds like the game was always a co-development deal, and PlatinumGames finished up on their side of it last year.

Vorark

Erudite
Not unheard of anyway, the venerable PS2 lived well enough into the PS3 lifespan. For example, God of War II was a 2007 release, Persona 4 arrived in 2008 and Raidou x King Abaddon in 2009 (late 2008 in Japan).

Or it could end up like the Vita: games were announced for Vita/PS4 yet localizers only bothered with the PS4 version... but then it never moved as many units as the PS4 did.

Amurada

Educated
Isn't the combat still designed by Platinum? Or are they scrapping everything they did prior to them leaving development?

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
They changed the game engine this year, most probably to get better results with the PS5. I would assume they still use at least some parts of Platinum code, namely the combat. This year demo looked a bit slower paced, but it's almost the same since the first gameplay trailer back in 2017. What I want the most from this thing, is a vast roster of playable characters, because Granblue Fantasy has TONS of them

zcuS71Q.png

zYI8lnz.png

In another of these info cards, devs said the game is currently in alpha

News

• Charlotta (voiced in English by Cristinia Valenzuela), Yodarha (Peter Kelamis), and Narmaya (Brianna Knickerbocker) will be playable.
  • Brand new villain, Id, voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda/Robbie Daymond.
  • They're insisting that they're in the polishing phase and that the game is really coming out in 2023.

New trailer. English dub sounds cringey but hopefully we will get an option for Japanese audio with subtitles.

S.torch

Arbiter
Ohhhhh this game is not dead? Nice!

I have actually played the gatcha game for a while and I was always thinking "this world has a lot of potential, if only it wasn't a gatcha". And this game look exactly like is taking advantage of that potential!

The only thing that worries me a little is that in trailers you don't see a lot of exploration, mostly just battles. One of the things I like the most in JRPGs is exploring new lands.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Is it Sean Chiplock at 1:35, or have I finally gone insane ? Can't find any information on Engrish voice beside what's already been posted.

S.torch

Arbiter
I was watching a few gameplays about this game, and in one video the main character just jumps between male and female version in the middle of the game.

May me ask if this is a feature of the game in its beta version, or are they planing to give us a main character so irrelevant to the story that it can just change versions without anything in the game noticing this...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom