Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape torment.

Deleted member 7219

Carth was my favourite party member. But Alistair was pretty cool too.

hiver

Damn, i said Modron.

nevermind, ill just cut of my pinky. that should be enough to atone.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
They were all fucking brilliant compared to the rest of the shit on the market. Dak'kon could get a little BSB sometimes and Ignus' whole fire-thing got a little tiring, but overall, nothing's beat any of them yet.

It is the best video game the world has ever seen.

sqeecoo

Arcane
made said:
Annah would probably be my least favorite out of the bunch.

How come? She's irritating, but I think it's intentional.

I like her sincerity and her total inability to deal with the overall situation - which is clearest in the last dialogue with her before you "die".

The other characters are unhappy but mostly capable, but she is in way over her head, emotionally, intellectually and power-wise (no, I don't mean in stats).

hiver

I would agree with that. I felt really sorry for her through the game and at the end because of those reasons most of all.
She was the only one fresh in that situation... and there was nothing but bad waiting for her at the end.
I usually avoided TNO romancing her because of it.

Matt7895 said:
Modron? More like Moron, amirite?
Carth? gtfo

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:
Best adventure jrpg rpg, you mean

Well, being best ever in all categories, also those three yeah.

Planescape: Torment - Best FPS ever, as earlier noted.

hiver said:
Matt7895 said:
Modron? More like Moron, amirite?
Carth? gtfo

Carth is awesome for one reason. The engine turns him into a psychopath.

shot marvin in the face

Played frighteningly straight in Knights Of The Old Republic. Several of your party members can be armed with blasters. These same party members have scripted hand gestures that they make while talking. They make these gestures regardless of what weapons they are holding. This can be especially unnerving when Carth Onasi is snapping at you about how he isn't sure he can fully trust you... while waving a heavy blaster pistol in each hand.

* The same gestures frequently cause melee fighters to impale themselves or others to make a point. At least Jedi will be waving around inactive lightsabers...

hiver

Yeah, that was... scary.
Luckily all of my companions were resistant to my light saber.

Anyway, after Morte i liked Ignus the most. Because he was such a sorry burnt out husk. And his switches between groveling after the master and outbreaks of psycho lunatic berserkness were awesome. Poking through his dialogue just to see how far i could get him to go.
Also... he is one of the rare "creatures" ever created in fantasy that really thoroughly showed what a creature made out of fire would be like.

Shame he was such an easy enemy later on in the Fortress.

Derper

Prophet
I think Dak'kon is awesome, but Morte is awesome+funny, so he gets the prize.

Also: Don't forget Qwinns patch and the resolution mod, it will improve things greatly!

Elzair said:
Why do people think PST has horrible combat? What is so horrible about it?

Bad animations, nonexistant pathfinding, every character you control bends DnD rules, next to no equipment in the game.

relootz

Scholar
And still it is the best rpg ever made. Shows just how awesome the rest was.

emoemotsmug.gif

Grifthin

Educated
Sorry for the ignorant question - but what's Qwinns patch and the resolution mod ? Where do I get them ? Also - can I just use the IWD resolution mod since it's also a infinity engine game ?

Deadeye Dragoon

Scholar
Annah was my favorite party NPC. Favorite game NPC was Ravel, such an interesting character and that long dialogue in the maze was particularly amazing. Least favorite was FFG, she was just too emo, or at least that's what I saw her as.

Not great combat but since someone randomly mentioned KOTOR, it was at least better than that.

made

Arcane
sqeecoo said:
made said:
Annah would probably be my least favorite out of the bunch.

How come? She's irritating, but I think it's intentional.

I like her sincerity and her total inability to deal with the overall situation - which is clearest in the last dialogue with her before you "die".

The other characters are unhappy but mostly capable, but she is in way over her head, emotionally, intellectually and power-wise (no, I don't mean in stats).

idk, I just found the dialogue with Dakkon or Ignus more interesting so I didn't spend much time talking to her. I never knew there was a romance option, for example.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Emotional Vampire said:
Elzair said:
Why do people think PST has horrible combat? What is so horrible about it?

Bad animations, nonexistant pathfinding, every character you control bends DnD rules, next to no equipment in the game.

Other than the pathfinding which sucked in all IE games was any of that stuff really important?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom