Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
what about southern ones?are they manly enough?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You are saying that people go on the Codex and ...lie? Or don't say the whole truth/censor themselves? ;d There's a reason devs avoid the Codex and it's not only because it's a nest of cynicism. We are even blacklisted by some devs/companies. Like Kem0sabe pointed out, they don't want to be called out for every design decision, while they should be.

i can name a couple of devs that post regularly atm,vault dweller/styg/rajpdf guy from battle brothers.their games have created cults of worship,but also sworn enemies especially age of decadence/underrail.
people have passionately criticize their games,yet no clown have ever dare to start posting stuff like "i will maim your wifes cunt with a hook",so lets drop the charade that people avoid the codex because they fear criticism
Bullshit. Most of those places don't allow people to "passionately criticize", and invariably turn into veritable socio-cultural echo-chambers á la the literally paywalled SomethingAwful.

Also, I will maim your wife's cunt with a hook.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why is he focusing the camera on her breasts?
casting%20couch1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
Bullshit. Most of those places don't allow people to "passionately criticize", and invariably turn into veritable socio-cultural echo-chambers á la the literally paywalled SomethingAwful.
im talking about the sub forums of that games inside the codex.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
That means he isn't getting honest responses. If there is one thing the Codex does right it's honesty and you can't replace that with anything.

Or they read stuff like this

They are all faggots there, while there are real men here. This should be a hint.

and think "Fuck it, I have a life and work to do and they will come in our forum and say their piece there."

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you are honest and don't try to scam your audience you will be treated fair and if you do you will be shunned. Don't understand the problem.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If you are honest and don't try to scam your audience you will be treated fair and if you do you will be shunned. Don't understand the problem.
I find that artist types, which many of these developers consider themselves to be, are extremely sensitive to criticism, and often fall back to "the uneducated masses simply don't understand my vision"...

This comes from a lifetime of dealing with degenerate architects and assorted snow flakes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Feargus replies to a pushy backer:

@Feargus "Eyes to me, eye's to me, you will answer this (hypnotizes Feargus)
All going great and very happy with the way things are going and Obsidians continued dedication and presence to running a campaign and if we reach $2.8m then that would do me but i cant help thinking that, and going through the list of things to do in these last days, i am sure that if the points below where addressed then i am sure it would bring in more backers :)
1. Send out an email from PoE KS to reach some of the 74k who pledged on PoE. It has been discussed but not done yet.
2.Hopefully announce a deal to include Tyranny which i for one am waiting for. It has been discussed but no news yet.
3.Maybe, if you could possibly announce an "Expansion pass" for future content which again i am and others waiting for but no news yet.
4.Maybe a sneak-peak at our new ship ("What Ship") on it's way to the Black Isle? that's a tall one i know, but if you don't ask, you don't get :)
P.S Did you tell Josh i love him? haha.
X.

Feargus
DEVELOPER

(1) We did this yesterday, (2) Hopefully tomorrow, or Friday, and (3) We are talking about it - it's something where the team wants to be careful that we don't set really high expectations and then can't deliver on them.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Q&A Stream #3 Transcript by Fereed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/projectete...deadfire_qa_stream_3/?st=iz8l42og&sh=9348345f

Here's the transcript of the second one, which nobody posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/projectete...k_deadfire_qa_session_2_with_josh_sawyer_8th/

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not familiar with kits in Baldur's Gate 2. What is a subclass? How different are subclasses within a class in Deafire?

JS: Subclasses are just variants on the core concept of a class that leans in a particular direction. It could be something like an Assassin; that's a very specialized type of rogue that maybe specializes in the use of poison, or attacking from shadows. It could be something like the Blackjack at Fighter that we have that specializes in diversity and quick weapon switching, using the right tool for the job.

In some cases, the gameplay changes will be relatively minor, more of a flavor thing. In other cases it's much more fundamental. One of the best examples for that is the Ghost Heart Lodge for Rangers where you don't normally have the animal companion with you(because the animal companion has died), but its soul has bonded to you and follows you around and you can summon it forth as a spirit in combat. That is a more dramatic change to how animal companions work with Rangers.

So, it depends. Some of them are fairly minor changes, others are more significant. It really has to do with filling a particular niche that we think—like, it would be cool to have a subclasses that focused on this thing. It's not always about making the gameplay feel dramatically different; it's about making it feel different in a way that's appropriate to that subclass's concept.

JS: Well, right now I'm going with Mystic Thaumaturge, which is hilarious because it's just ripping off a concept from D&D. But we might change that to something else later.
I think Lacrymas called this one.

Will the Paladin orders and Priest gods have any inherent mechanical differences like Blackjacket and other subclasses?

JS: Yes, they will. The depth of those depend on the scope of the overall breadth of them. We have quite a few Paladin orders, we have quite a few Priests. They will be mechanically different, as they were in Pillars 1. The extent to how different they are will be based on how much time we have to devote to each one of them. I can't say with Priests—Priests, instead of getting their big dump of spells now, they get some spells based of the god that they pick, and there are certain spells they can't access. That's a very significant change from Pillars 1. If you are playing a Priest of Eothas, there are certain spells that aren't going to be available to you; if you are playing a Priest of Magran there are going to be spells that aren't available to you. But you have other cool bonuses things on top of that.

So, I think they will feel mechanically different. Will they feel as mechanically different as a Ghost Lodge Ranger? Maybe not. Again, it's not so much about making sure that every single subclass plays radically different as much as it feels like it's appropriate for the type of character that you're playing.
I like. Although we have five gods and that could spread things thin. I imagine Eothas will be healing/defensive buffs/revive and Magran will be fire damage. I am less certain of the other gods. Berath also could be about revival, but Wael and Skaen?

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
JS: Well, right now I'm going with Mystic Thaumaturge, which is hilarious because it's just ripping off a concept from D&D. But we might change that to something else later.

Yeap, but I only called it "Thaumaturge", Mystic Thaumaturge is a tautology, ALL Thaumaturges are mystics.

I like. Although we have five gods and that could spread things thin. I imagine Eothas will be healing/defensive buffs/revive and Magran will be fire damage. I am less certain of the other gods. Berath also could be about revival, but Wael and Skaen?

Being a priest of Eothas in this context (and in PoE1) is kinda weird though. Weird in a sense that there's no clear indication of where your powers are coming from, especially in PoE1. Durance also has this problem.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeap, but I only called it "Thaumaturge", Mystic Thaumaturge is a tautology, ALL Thaumaturges are mystics.

Being a priest of Eothas in this context (and in PoE1) is kinda weird though. Weird in a sense that there's no clear indication of where your powers are coming from, especially in PoE1. Durance also has this problem.
That brings up an interesting lore question, because Durance defies a lot of expectations. Specifically, in some endings, Durance says that he will continue to use Magran powers to take down Thaos, even though he no longer worships her. Moreover, Magran either wants him dead or no longer recognizes him. Therefore, it cannot exactly come from the gods or be purely based on faith. Instead, I think the powers come from the Priest's soul, but is shaped or informed by the Priest's convictions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom