Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

purpleblob

Savant
I don't understand why morons keep throwing money to Obsidian. It's becoming norm that developers get paid upfront first which is pure retardation, now they will keep begging for money before anything goes into production. And there is no point QQing if they decide the game cannot be finished or produce absolute trash since you were retarded enough to throw them money before doing any quality check.

Sannom

Augur
Anyhoo, I would say that 5 might turn out okay, but one problem I would have, is that this will drive people away from trying more off-beat party combinations. With 5 party size, 90% of people will be running generic party of tank, healer, caster, ranged damage and chanter for the auras.
Don't be so sure about that. I've finished the game on Hard without a Priest and limited use of scrolls, something that is apparently deemed very hard by most people. I even played some parts without Pallegina, so I had no healer whatsoever. There is also the fact that most people would be willing to experiment if only to experience the different companions.

6 out of the 8 companions were written by people no longer working on PoE, including 4 of the 5 most popular ones. The new writers wrote Verse and Kills-in-Shadow in Tyranny. I think most here who played that game know that's not very encouraging. :M
You're a liar. We only know of Paul Kirsch and Carrie Patel on PoE 2 and I'm sure they didn't write Kills-in-Shadow. A character I happen to like, a nice mix between Verse's "No shits given" attitude, her obvious respect for her duties as Bovark and a general concern for the survival of her race and culture.

Fairfax

Arcane
6 out of the 8 companions were written by people no longer working on PoE, including 4 of the 5 most popular ones. The new writers wrote Verse and Kills-in-Shadow in Tyranny. I think most here who played that game know that's not very encouraging. :M
You're a liar. We only know of Paul Kirsch and Carrie Patel on PoE 2 and I'm sure they didn't write Kills-in-Shadow. A character I happen to like, a nice mix between Verse's "No shits given" attitude, her obvious respect for her duties as Bovark and a general concern for the survival of her race and culture.
Liar, eh?

Sentinel

Arcane
Anyhoo, I would say that 5 might turn out okay, but one problem I would have, is that this will drive people away from trying more off-beat party combinations. With 5 party size, 90% of people will be running generic party of tank, healer, caster, ranged damage and chanter for the auras.
Don't be so sure about that. I've finished the game on Hard without a Priest and limited use of scrolls, something that is apparently deemed very hard by most people. I even played some parts without Pallegina, so I had no healer whatsoever. There is also the fact that most people would be willing to experiment if only to experience the different companions.

Megan Starks, who wrote Kills-In-Shadow, is on the PoE2 writing team.
The writing team is as follows:
* Carrie Patel
* Josh Sawyer
* Megan Starks
* Paul Kirsch

As a note, I just wanted to add that you have shit taste for liking KIS.

Quillon

Arcane
Heard the game's gonna have microtransactions, we'll be able to buy party slots up to 3 and starting levels up to 12 and some cosmetic shit. HYPE!

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am here observing what has been released about this game so far and some things worth noting:

- the horned fire godlike is everywhere in the images. A new companion or the player character?
- there is a redhead woman companion with a golden hair clip too
- Although the Deathfire Archipelago is tropical, there are some pictures of desert. Vailian Republics, maybe?

Neanderthal

Arcane
- Although the Deathfire Archipelago is tropical, there are some pictures of desert. Vailian Republics, maybe?

Vailian Republics are to south o Dyrwood right? Wunt that mean they'd be colder not hotter wi all these lands bein in southern hemisphere, ie Republics are nearer Eoras antarctic?

2house2fly

Magister
All of the potential issues could've been solved with the option to respec later on, but he would oppose that as well.
He's not opposed to respecs, as evidenced by the fact that Pillars Of Eternity features them.

It's becoming norm that developers get paid upfront first which is pure retardation, now they will keep begging for money before anything goes into production
I normally pay for games before I buy them anyway.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I freed the Adra dragon, and so I 100% expect to be rewarded with a dragon waifu (dragonfu?) in PoE 2. Jokes aside, the released Adra dragon in the dragon hunter's body would make a fun companion (perhaps a cipher replacement for Grieving Mother, since the Adra Dragon had cipher abilities). I'd take anything over a dual pistol furry. I just cannot stand Orlans.

Also, I am going to assume that one of the stretch goals will be to increase the number of subclasses per class from 2 to 3.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I don't understand why morons keep throwing money to Obsidian. It's becoming norm that developers get paid upfront first which is pure retardation

Oh choke on a donkey cock, will you? Yeah Kickstater/Figstarter is just a glorified preorder at this point, who gives a shit. At least it allows us to actually impact the devleopment. Tyranny shows what happens if they just work on the game on their own with little to none fan feedback.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So the point of importing your character from PoE to PoE2 instead of creating a new character from level 1 in PoE2 is the C&C you made in PoE? Because everything else you lose (eg. xp, equipment) and you have to restart from level 1 again?

:hmmm:

2house2fly

Magister
So the point of importing your character from PoE to PoE2 instead of creating a new character from level 1 in PoE2 is the C&C you made in PoE? Because everything else you lose (eg. xp, equipment) and you have to restart from level 1 again?

:hmmm:
It's possible there'll be other stuff, but the main hook does seem to be continuing to play as Your Character.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
No, the main hook is definitely reactivity. They've already said you'll be able to specify your choices from the first game if you lost your saves.

In general I've noticed that people are underestimating the amount of C&C first game had. Granted it was mostly back row C&C that was hard to even notice unless you replayed the game immidiately after the first run, but there was lots of it.

2house2fly

Magister
There's some stuff that I don't even know what I did to get it. Last time I played I got the "joined Eothas cult" ending for Eder when every other time I've got the "mayor of Dyrford" ending. Why? Who knows, the only thing I remember doing differently was yell at him at the end of his quest. I only ever get the "unrest with the raedcerans for generations" ending in White March 2, there's a happier ending but I don't know how to get it.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
There's some stuff that I don't even know what I did to get it. Last time I played I got the "joined Eothas cult" ending for Eder when every other time I've got the "mayor of Dyrford" ending. Why? Who knows, the only thing I remember doing differently was yell at him at the end of his quest. I only ever get the "unrest with the raedcerans for generations" ending in White March 2, there's a happier ending but I don't know how to get it.

Go crazy: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Endings#Ed.C3.A9r

Rev

Arcane
They've almost reached the first stretch goal already, wonder what will come next. Hopefully they learned their lessons from the previous campaign and won't go overboard this time, like they did with the megadungeon and some other stuff.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Go crazy: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Endings#Ed.C3.A9r

That's clear and correct on TWM-Raedceras situation, in my experience. But some of the companion stuff is still not really known. I suspect the player's disposition might have influence on a few, especially Kana/Eder. My first character and third treated both quite similarly as far as I remember, but got different endings for them. 3rd had a lot more Benevolent though, so could be it. Could also just be that flags weren't triggering properly when it wasn't patched, meaning you got endings that you shouldn't have.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
They've almost reached the first stretch goal already, wonder what will come next. Hopefully they learned their lessons from the previous campaign and won't go overboard this time, like they did with the megadungeon and some other stuff.
Stretch Goal #2 - Romances!

gotta keep the decline going

Sherry

Arcane
i need a nigga to help me make sense of this! Where is Randal ?!?!

Hi.

I am not an African American.

Starting at level one should only happen it if has a good reason story-wise to do so. I have full faith that it was discussed and realized that if multiclassing and subclassing are available that importing one's character from the end of Pillars of Eternity would only cause unwanted headaches.

Having much of/all of your soul taken by Eothas is reason to weaken our inner spirit and take out strength and possibly our memories from the events that transpired during our first play of Pillars of Eternity.

The choices we make will still matter so I hope everyone made good choices or your Deadfire experience will have lasting consequences that you will wish you were nicer.

Thanks,
Randal

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom