Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The equipment isn't level-gated and you can strip the save file's party and give that equipment to the characters you choose. I also don't know what you mean by "my PC is not irrelevant if I'm to experience a new story", the story doesn't change depending on what class/race/gender the PC is, that's what I mean by it being almost irrelevant. The other option is playing through the entire game, of course.

Sizzle

Arcane
MCA chimes in on FB!

l5jNZtO.jpg

sclYDBA.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More charitable than I expected, although he's discounting the fact that the lead writer Eric Fenstermaker was around for the game's preproduction and so likely had a hand in the statue plot.

Sentinel

Arcane
After I started playing Tyranny recently I now have more hope that PoE2 could be a good game. Hopefully they take positive lessons from Tyranny and get rid of all the shit from PoE1.
tyranny was a pile of fucking garbage.
the only reason the combat isn't a "clusterfuck" is because they slowed it down (already implemented in PoE2) and removed every mechanic that wasn't "auto attack" and "use spell when off cd". Maybe that's why you like it, you don't even have to worry about flanking enemies.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
MCA chimes in on FB!
sclYDBA.jpg

I'm surprised anyone with any exposure to the kickstarter for POE1 thought Eothas coming back as the statue was part of the original plan. I don't see that as a negative though... half of plotting is having an idea of where you want to go, but the other half is taking advantage of opportunities that come up organically as a result of your narrative. Still not wild about the very 'game-y' mechanic of dropping the MC back to level 1 (and ignoring the companion epilogies for the three NPCs who come back), but taking something that was already in the world and building on it/changing it in a potentially interesting fashion? Seems pretty reasonable to me.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After I started playing Tyranny recently I now have more hope that PoE2 could be a good game. Hopefully they take positive lessons from Tyranny and get rid of all the shit from PoE1.
the only reason the combat isn't a "clusterfuck" is because they slowed it down (already implemented in PoE2) and removed every mechanic that wasn't "auto attack" and "use spell when off cd". Maybe that's why you like it, you don't even have to worry about flanking enemies.
Any kind of combat is better than POE clusterfuck combat. I am sorry if your deranged brain likes that shit. I am sorry for your family, not you.

Sentinel

Arcane
Any kind of combat is better than POE clusterfuck combat. I am sorry if your deranged brain likes that shit. I am sorry for your family, not you.
I'm surprised you could even type all that with the hateboner blocking your screen.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm surprised you could even type all that with the hateboner blocking your screen.
I am especially inspired when I run into retards like you.

Sannom

Augur
Still not wild about the very 'game-y' mechanic of dropping the MC back to level 1 (and ignoring the companion epilogies for the three NPCs who come back)
Heh, I think they chose companions with good enough reasons to come back : in both endings, Aloth is on a quest that would imply a lot of interest in the resurrection of a god, Pallegina is either with a wanderering order of paladins or serving the Ducs (who are involved in the Deadfire) and Edér only has one ending that doesn't really work (the one in which he's the mayor of Dyrford).

Brancaleone

Prophet
You realize that PoE's system is designed around the core function of deluding people like you into thinking that finally, finally, they 'got gud' at something, don't you?
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh
No, I mean the warm feeling of "Every single build I have made has turned out to be effective, I must be a genius! At last a game that recognizes that!"

Delterius

Arcane
You realize that PoE's system is designed around the core function of deluding people like you into thinking that finally, finally, they 'got gud' at something, don't you?
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh
No, I mean the warm feeling of "Every single build I have made has turned out to be effective, I must be a genius! At last a game that recognizes that!"
yet people still need to git gud despite the tools they are given

makes you think

Brancaleone

Prophet
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh

makes you think
Think away, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Delterius

Arcane
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh

makes you think

i like winning games at character creation too

18/18/18/18/18/3

now there's a genius build

Brancaleone

Prophet
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh

makes you think

18/18/18/18/18/3

That's a peculiar perspective to have, do you usually lose games already at character creation?

Delterius

Arcane
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh

makes you think

18/18/18/18/18/3

That's a peculiar perspective to have, do you usually lose games already at character creation?
i myself always get that 'warm feeling' you've described

most people do

if you think there are 'trap choices' in d&d games you aren't very good at games, imo

Brancaleone

Prophet
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh

makes you think

18/18/18/18/18/3

most people do

if you think there are 'trap choices' in d&d games you aren't very good at games, imo
For some unfathomable reason, you seem to be assuming that I hold the character creation in some AD&D games as some kind of golden standard.

As I said before, keep thinking, although I'm starting to doubt you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Delterius

Arcane
you mean levelling up

rpgs do that

rpgs suck tbh

makes you think

18/18/18/18/18/3

most people do

For some unfathomable reason, you seem to be assuming that I hold the character creation in some AD&D games as some kind of golden standard.

As I said before, keep thinking, although I'm starting to doubt you'll get the hang of it eventually.
for some unfathomable reason, you seem to think there was character building in the AD&D games

that's actually pretty sad to read

i'm going to pray for your soul

Brancaleone

Prophet
for some unfathomable reason, you seem to think there was character building in the AD&D games

I am honestly sorry about you getting sad for thinking that you have read something that only exists inside your head. It might be a serious condition, actually.

Delterius

Arcane

I am honestly sorry about you getting sad for thinking that you have read something that only exists inside your head. It might be a serious condition, actually.
still, i hope you can one day let go of things

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom