Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

If the beta isn't here soon RPGCodex will go the way of the GAF.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The AI scripts in DA:O were probably one of the coolest parts of the game, I'm really glad they're gonna add something similar.... even though I will probably manually control everything 99% of the time :P

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't want the AI to play the game for me, so meh. Even though DA:O had only 4 party members, the MMO cooldowns were ripe for exploitation by the scripts, so I guess something useful came out of them in that game. I only see myself automating no-brainer abilities that are used in every encounter, like Sacred Immolation.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like this. I was one of the people who asked for this. Manual control in tough fights, let the AI do the work in easier fights. It's not like people didn't use select all and let them fight piss easy enemies in the first case.

Prime Junta

It also lets you focus on controlling your main characters as your ranged ones do their thing automatically.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
But Mola Ram did not pickpocket a liver. He pulled a still-beating heart out of a man's chest as part of a kali ritual.

Poor cinematic reference, Sawyer.

Especially as Sawyer is known as a person who likes details and micromanagement.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After I started playing Tyranny recently I now have more hope that PoE2 could be a good game. Hopefully they take positive lessons from Tyranny and get rid of all the shit from PoE1.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have not played White March so I cannot compare to that. I also don't plan to play White March because that would require me to play PoE as well which is not an experience I want to have again.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You could ask for someone's save file just before they've begun WM. The base game really is a slog and I don't know if I'd say it's worth it just to see White March 2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You could ask for someone's save file just before they've begun WM. The base game really is a slog and I don't know if I'd say it's worth it just to see White March 2.
Why would I want to play with someone else characters using a different party configuration?!
Also I am sure WM didn't fix clusterfuck combat. Tyranny did with reducing party to 4.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Why would I want to play with someone else characters using a different party configuration?!

You do know you can change your party composition to literally whatever you want, right? What the PC is is almost irrelevant, so eh. You can make an adventurer and treat them as the PC, it literally doesn't matter.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You do know you can change your party composition to literally whatever you want, right? What the PC is is almost irrelevant, so eh. You can make an adventurer and treat them as the PC, it literally doesn't matter.
Even if I wanted to do that (and it is not as simple because they will not have right level equipment and my PC is certainly not irrelevant if I am to experience a new story and combat encounters in the expansion), it does not fix clusterfuck combat and other problems of PoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom