Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Anything that makes the combat less cluster-fucky and more tactical is welcome.
PoE combat was too fast and with 10 spells going off simultaneously it was really hard to keep up with all the effects... unless you paused literally every second which made everything very tedious. That's basically my main complain about PoE

I didn't have too much trouble with the speed, thanks to the pause button, but the fact that I couldn't see wtf was going on sometimes when paused was a problem... which is now very neatly solved. :) :incline:

Still waiting to see how the new 'long cast times but you can retarget right up until the time elapses' approach works in gameplay, vs. Josh's quick instagram demo.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think it will make landing AoEs too easy since enemy positioning and control almost isn't a factor anymore, unless they somehow both spread out and rush to the center of your own group.

Sizzle

Arcane
I theorize that leveling will be extremely fast because the levels cap at 20 while PoE1 goes up to 16 with the expansion, so, unless they've made the game humongous (which I doubt), it will be pretty fast.

I kinda expected this, to be honest. The leveling in PoE1 was also relatively quick (you reached Lvl 2 when encountering Thanos for the first time, and Level 3 when you finished your first Gilded Vale quest and Watcher Reveal Vision), and here they have to consider another important factor - a large number of PoE2 players will be fans of the first one, and they will probably be looking to level up their character (to "bring back" the power loss) as soon as possible.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah but its the main justification for re-targating.

I feel like this exact thing has been talked about before :P

What? Why and how would interruption be the main justification for re-targeting? The spell would be gone altogether if it's interrupted, you can't re-target it. Unless interruption no longer interrupts spells lol? The main justification is enemies moving around and no longer being in the AoE circle.

Quillon

Arcane
The main justification is longer cast times which increases the chances of your spell getting interrupted/cancelled.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The justification for re-targeting is that the long cast times would make predicting enemy positions too difficult and unfair. The interruption mechanic is not directly related.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Flashback surge to :

Dark_7f0562_5453906.jpg

Sizzle

Arcane
Huh, just realized something looking at that picture - why are there two belt slots?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Huh, just realized something looking at that picture - why are there two belt slots?

Either going for this -
latest

Or this -
dante_devil_may_cry_by_jkzep-d41lr3q.jpg

At least I think those are belts, and too many of them lol.

Sizzle

Arcane
Nevermind, he answered on Twitter: "one is a trinket slot, but that slot doesn't have a new icon yet."

Sherry

Arcane
hi!!

Deadfire is looking better and better with each sneaky update that has many of us wondering what the adventure will be compared to Pillars and I think it will be a lot better with its delivery right? how many cool things - outside of having no cloud shadows AFTER ALL THIS TIME ADAM OMFG! - will be waiting for all of us and there are a lot of us who are waiting for Deadfire because Deadfire is going to be Shadows of Amn better x100 because! right? RIGHT?! Josh is all bullseyes. Adam is all 73% bullseye even our special Katrina Schnell who is now married okay so back off!!! is all BULLSEYE! Does anyone want to know who the girl in the green top and lu-lu lemon pants is? ssssHHH!

with 2x belt slots means nothing because what is important is that we can now wear a necklace and a cloak at the same time right? like wtf was that in Pillars with that shill poo and not able to do that right? I know, i know they are looking out for the best interest of the adventurer but you know exactly what I mean when they discuss this issue in Pillars. Deadfire will address this so do not worry okay? Cloaks + neckplaces/amulets = win/win!

kk and the guy who trims his toe-nails you have got to stop because some of us hear you clipping in the morning and it is gross okay? SO STOP!

do not abandon people in the airport right? It is a binding contract when you travel with someone.

Thanks,
Sherry

Sherry

Arcane
hi.

omg wtf is that? no won would hire me if I had that between my legs okay? life wtf. WTF! is she smoking Craven A?

kk I do not wear sweat pants right? a lot of mornings on the weekend I wear pjs bottoms but sweat pants is ano-no laundtyr is not worth doing for sweat pants right? everyone knows that becase of the little lint balls that appear on sweat pants when you wash them that is why I stopped wearing or owning them there are better pants and more comfortable to put on okay? so no that is not me and I do not smoke. you should know better it is time to make coffee. there is nothing funny about this @CyberWhale okay?

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
do not abandon people in the airport right? It is a binding contract when you travel with someone.

That sounds somewhat libertarian. BTW, I think Sherry's an alt because otherwise the tone of their posts is too inconsistent to explain.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

That type of helmet was used only by mounted knights while jousting that's way is retarded to have it in the game.
But the unwashed masses don't know or care so nobody gives a fuck because ignorance reigns supreme.
Somebody ask him about that and enjoy his answer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom