Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Roguey has competitors on Neogaf:
VKhugA1.png

etfw6NP.png
And truly blessed with talent in designing RPGs.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
“Eothas … the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads the press release.
Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers build a bigger and better stronghold.”
Fixed.

Pillars of Eternity 2: This Time It's Personal.

"Making movies, making songs and fighting round the world!" - Sail around Eora in your favourite tugboat Tugger with a team of trusty companions to fight rogue Gods. Fight in an epic balanced fighting system where all combat decision matter equally, all builds are the same, learn more about your great past why you were chosen and fulfill your destiny by becoming the ultimate deity and by making them PAY...

I have more faith in Obs putting out a better game (PoE 2) than I do inXile.

Bard's Tale IV will still have better combat than PoE 2.

Fucking Tetris has better combat than POE 2...

Yet to play the others but nothing in PoE strikes me as being plagiarised from KOTOR2. Except for the woman who disguises herself with a glamour and manipulates people's minds and the man whose life is defined by having survived setting off a superweapon, both written by Chris Avellone in a staggering coincidence.

Thinking about KOTOR 2 made cry a little bit and wilt inside. When you think that whole fucking Obsidian couldnt fucking come up with a better lore than Star wars. Man was it that fucking hard...

Edit. Since Shitron has moved the thread for completely non-shill reasons from the first page I will move my posts...

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I see Obsidian's decided to forego the hassle of making DRM-free discs.

I was thinking about that actually... so the box doesn't contain the digital version... what does that mean? Is it a steam-locked version? So if you want to get the physical version then no DRM-free for you? Lulz, jewing intensifies.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They brought in a new face to offload systems design from Josh and moved J.E. to be in charge of narrative?
:hmmm:

Here's why I knew it would happen: https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...=17931&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post457115726

vUMIo8Q.png

http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/151438375786/your-career-has-advanced-to-job-titles-that

I’ve been the sole system designer on a lot of the projects I’ve worked on. It’s pretty difficult to do that when you’re also the lead designer and game director. It’s important to mentor people into junior positions so they can take over responsibilities you can’t give the attention they require. The project I’m on now is the first one I’ve managed where there’s more than one full-time system designer, which makes an enormous difference.

Sizzle

Arcane
But I liked Eder or whats the guys name. Kinda nice to see him again.

Eder is a worthy addition to the setting.

Talking about Eder, I wonder if here he'll have the role he was supposed to have had when PoE1's KS pitch was just formed.

They pitched him as someone who was at first glance kinda ordinary, but was actually pretty important to the plot.

I'm also probably the only one who likes Pallegina, mostly on the basis of one line.

I liked her too.

I think part of the reason she got a bad rep here was because Sawyer wrote her (Arcade Gannon from F:NV also gets that, for some reason, even though he's also not that bad of a character).

garren

Arcane
Patron
Are you guys obsessed with SJWs or something
At first I wasn't gonna bother replying, since I don't know if Carrie Patel is an actual SJW and her name hasn't really popped up in SJW threads. Still, the neon hair looks kinda worrying.

Anyhow, as we've all seen, ignoring SJWs doesn't help, that's how they spread. They need to be actively called out whenever possible. As gamergate, brexit and trump have shown us, pushing back actually does yield tangible results.

Sizzle

Arcane
I wonder what will happen to the woman whose soul is bound to Caed Nua (the steward), she was an okay character.

But, considering they said the new stronghold will be something different - probably some sort of boat - maybe the steward will be affixed to the ship somehow (maybe as a figurehead on the bow?), that would allow it to function as Caed Nua v2.0 :)

Quillon

Arcane
I wonder what will happen to the woman whose soul is bound to Caed Nua (the steward), she was an okay character.

She was Eothas pretending to be that woman. Also had faked his death, he's a congod; everything was his plan from the start. Lured the watcher to Caed Nua, got him/her to solve his problems(which would have been too boring for him to do himself) and when watcher stopped being useful, got comfy in his/her seat. BAM!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where's the Codex fundraiser? We could get an island, an inn or a pirateship!

Maybe the Club for refined and prestigious gentlemen exists in the archepelago as well?

It'll be hilarious if we do a fundraiser for this. But the campaign needs to reach its funding goal first.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Are you guys obsessed with SJWs or something
At first I wasn't gonna bother replying, since I don't know if Carrie Patel is an actual SJW and her name hasn't really popped up in SJW threads. Still, the neon hair looks kinda worrying.

She was the writer behind that stupid quest in Defiance Bay in which people are protesting against the unfair prices of pussy. Apparently, only rich people could pay prostitutes in Defiance Bay and that is a reason for a revolt. She is definitely a SJW. No doubts about it. But even if you ignore this, we know that she was hired because Obdisian adopts affirmative action in hiring practices and bragged about this in interviews.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Apart from the stupid haircut she even looks kind of cute, not really that bad if you ask me. I prefer to believe she is ok until proven otherwise :D
You are confirmed gay. She looked more like a tranny to me.

No, she is almost certainly a dyke.

Old photo of Carrie Patel and her husband:

439_763314983574_3764_n.jpg

Indian guy. Small dicku. Cunt unhappy. Embraced SJW. Decline never stops.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom