Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; Bobby Null; Carrie Patel; Feargus Urquhart; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

A year of Twitter teasing and a seven day countdown have finally concluded today with the long-expected reveal of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, the sequel to the successful and controversial 2015 Infinity Engine homage that has redefined Obsidian Entertainment. They've wasted no time and have taken it directly to Fig, where it's currently raking in dollars at a respectable pace. The game looks very impressive. It's now clear that Obsidian have invested a great deal in their engine's capabilities. Not only are its graphics on an entirely different level, but it will also support NPC schedules, dynamic environments and map streaming that will eliminate load times. But I should really just let the pitch speak for itself:

Eothas has returned. The god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia. Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroyed your stronghold and left you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers - answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.

Your hunt takes you to the Deadfire Archipelago. Located even farther east than the colonies of the Eastern Reach, Deadfire comprises hundreds of islands spanning thousands of miles - ranging from lush tropics to barren deserts. Many of these lands have never been charted, while others are inhabited by rich native cultures and a new wave of colonial settlers.

Obsidian Entertainment proudly presents the sequel to our crowdfunded and critically-acclaimed role-playing game, Pillars of Eternity. Welcome to Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. With Pillars II, we are revisiting the rich narrative, beautiful environments, and tactical combat that made Pillars of Eternity one of the highest-rated PC games of all time. Having a development team of over 77,000 people made the first game possible, but your feedback and community support made it amazing! Our team wants to take you on a second journey to Eora. We couldn't be more excited to get all of you involved in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

Obsidian have been working on Pillars of Eternity 2 for a year now, so this campaign isn't to make the game from scratch. If they raise the $1.1M of funding they're asking for, they'll add French & German localization and implement multiclassing, and I imagine that additional new features will be revealed as the campaign progresses. If you're convinced by their pitch, a basic copy of Pillars 2 can be secured for $29, with a more complete edition including soundtrack, guidebook and additional in-game bonuses available for $45, a physical box version available for $59, and Early Access available for a steep $99. The game's estimated release date is Q1 2018.

UPDATE: A number of websites have published short interviews with Josh Sawyer and Feargus Urquhart - PC Gamer, PCGamesN, VentureBeat and MMORPG. The PCGamesN interview is the most extensive of them, but the VentureBeat interview is notable for confirming that Pillars of Eternity 2 will have a maximum party size of five rather than six characters. I guess Josh wasn't kidding about that.

himmy

Arcane
I hate myself for getting excited, despite the fact that I got bored out of my mind before the end of Act 2 when playing the first game. I'm beginning to think I enjoy crowdfunding campaigns much more than I do actual games.

himmy

Arcane
"townspeople will react [to weather] by covering their heads"

VRbuU0T.gif

bruh. 2002.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I wonder what Paradox will think after seeing this trailer, it looks way better than Tranny.
I think Tyranny exists as a way to train people on PoE tech while bringing in money. Bonus if the IP catches on and they can do it again in the future with Tyranny 2.

Observer

Educated
Libirti Prime awoke and trampled our castle. To understand what the happened and solve the mystery our team goes to pirate island. :M

Deleted member 7219

Pledging 200$ for the Elite Collectors Edition :D
Fuck me, this is the last crowdfunded game I'm pledging for anyway, so might as well go big :hero:

I would have pledged the same amount but decided to get $45 tier instead.

Saving my cash for booze (now) and Model 3 (later).

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why don't you get a digital copy when you order the physical goods? Am I forced to purchase a digital copy as an add-on to my pledge? I don't have time to wait around for the physical goods to play the damn game!

e: they are forcing me to select collectors edition

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom