Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
I sorry for asking maybe primitive question, but there any good or at least decent build (or atleast class/multiclass) for character who will be using pistol and sabre as combo (and preferable human) ? I just trying to make a pirate character.
Multi-class ranger fighter? Or Rogue/fighter. Or cipher/fighter. Anything with high acc will do nicely.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Holy shit, I found what's wrong with the voices. At least one of the things anyway. All the selection and command sounds are played only from the rear speakers:

FFS...

latest
Mono sounds lol

Morkar Left

I found PoE combat extremely tedious with all the 3 sec buffs and shit and having to pause, select and click and unpause every second. When every power regenerates after combat withour rest it's basically worse than PoE now?

Tigranes

Arcane
Is there an option to manually level up newly recruited companions like in PoE 1? I can't find it and I find it weird if they removed it

Look in the options for the option.

Played another hour or so and it's making a good impression. I really like the colonial/tropical spin on the already excellent art style, and they've done a very nice job of having all the newcomers-natives differences etc come out through various early interactions instead of big fat loredumping. Aside from the 5 minute prologue, the main plot isn't smashed all across your face either - if you haven't played POE1 you get to just run along with 'oh some fucker stole my soul and is gozillaing across the islands ok good excuse to wander'.

The writing - again, they should really just give up on 95% of the narration text, but otherwise it's more reasonable and less heavy-handed. The bit where you first meet Undercover Aloth is nice, and it's definitely better for the game to be little less serious than POE1 was in tone.

My barbarian-monk running just with Eder is finding POTD reasonably difficult in the early stages, but that's probably because I dumped resolve.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I found PoE combat extremely tedious with all the 3 sec buffs and shit and having to pause, select and click and unpause every second. When every power regenerates after combat withour rest it's basically worse than PoE now?

Cast times (and everything else, really) are slower now so it won't be every second.

Mazisky

Magister
Performance is too inconsistent for me.

World map navigation is a pain with huge stuttering all around.

Big areas like fort dreadlight have fps drops just like the white march. I guess i'll wait some patches.

Patches cant solve this stop using outdated hardware.

I7 - Geforce 1070 - every other game goes 60+fps with max settings.

U meant stop using outdated engine in making games i guess.

Tigranes

Arcane
Decent not particularly great PC, SSD, fast loading times and good performance on my end. Instant quicksaves. We'll see how long that lasts.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I sorry for asking maybe primitive question, but there any good or at least decent build (or atleast class/multiclass) for character who will be using pistol and sabre as combo (and preferable human) ? I just trying to make a pirate character.
Multi-class ranger fighter? Or Rogue/fighter. Or cipher/fighter. Anything with high acc will do nicely.
Ok, thank you very much for answer, would try one of those combinations.

That opening sequence is going to be annoying on following playthroughs.
And I kurwa wonder when they are going to understand that nobody interjects words from their language when they are mówić (translation: speaking) in other language.
1st loading is extremely long, others are faster than in PoE1. Is it just my pc?

2house2fly

Magister
Is there an option to manually level up newly recruited companions like in PoE 1? I can't find it and I find it weird if they removed it
I believe under "difficulty" there's an option to auto-level companions which is on by default

Grab the Codex by the pussy
Steam comment said:
Start the game, begin campaign. Completely inappropriate narrator explains to me all the worst parts of the previous game. 3 years of ruminating over all the things I didn't like about the first one flood back into me in one moment. I remember the reviews describe the things in the first game that were already bad (such as the narrative) are even worse in this game. And I know other things that were bad (like companions) will be even worse since they don't even have Avellone contributing to them anymore. I'm still listening to the narrator, wondering why it bothers me so much.

Then it hits me.

This game is trying to be SERIOUS. It's a fantasy game about dragons and wizards and litearlly a giant ♥♥♥♥ing god stomping around crushing people with his massive statue feet and it's trying to be solemn and serious and realistic. Images of playing the game flash before my mind. More obnoxious worldbuilding, with sentences filled with irrelevant proper nouns for people and places I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about and that have nothing to do with the story.
JarlFrank is this you?

Steam stuff said:
More idiotic preschool-level philosophy for morons about the nature of the gods (another area, incidentally, where Avellone's input is sorely missed: Guy isn't the next Hume or Kierkegaard or whoever
Kierkegaard is obscure pretentious shit. Only an idiot would assume that he has the same stature of someone like Hume.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Performance is too inconsistent for me.

World map navigation is a pain with huge stuttering all around.

Big areas like fort dreadlight have fps drops just like the white march. I guess i'll wait some patches.

Patches cant solve this stop using outdated hardware.

I7 - Geforce 1070 - every other game goes 60+fps with max settings.

U meant stop using outdated engine in making games i guess.

Pillarrs of eternity 1 intel pentium dual core e5200 3Ghz 4 GB 800Mhz ram DDR2 ATI HD 6670 2 Gb Gddr3 35+ FPS most 22 FPS Worst

I7 gtx 1070 my who the fucks spend this amount of money to play rpgs lol
Lear how to properly configure your PC
Stop mentioning GPU IN CPU intensive game(s)... Educate yourself FFS

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I have not even finished the intro island, and I already want to try another character build. Specifically, I want to try Evoker/Priest of Eothas. Evoker brings damage spells, whereas Priest of Eothas brings might/perception buffs, summons, and free Eothas defensive/healing spells. I think it would make a well-rounded pairing.

Then again, I would have to do the intro....again. It wouldn't be so annoying if we could sprint.

Prime Junta

'k this is definitely picking up after the clunky intro. Writing is a lot less heavy, situations make some kind of sense, and exploration is fun. Could definitely use a rebalance though, this ain't exactly challenging. Moment-to-moment gameplay is noticeably improved from P1, and I'm getting used to everything-per-encounter. The setting also feels lived-in, like it's there on its own terms, not just as a theme park for you to fix.

I still think the health mechanic is :decline: though; there are a fair few traps that slap injuries on you if you're not careful, but it feels a bit heavy-handed as rest-encouragement-mechanics go.

All in all this is... not bad, really. So far at least.

Edit: spoke too soon, now it CTDs on start... oh Obsidian, don't ever change

Pizzashoes

Scholar
That opening sequence is going to be annoying on following playthroughs.
And I kurwa wonder when they are going to understand that nobody interjects words from their language when they are mówić (translation: speaking) in other language.
This is actually something Californians would have relevant experience in. Tons of the Spanish speakers inject Spanish when they're speaking English and English when they're speaking Spanish. Well at least with each other. It is silly when they're talking to someone who wouldn't understand it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is actually something Californians would have relevant experience in. Tons of the Spanish speakers inject Spanish when they're speaking English and English when they're speaking Spanish. Well at least with each other. It is silly when they're talking to someone who wouldn't understand it.

fuck i didnt see this post when i made that comment, fuckin' puta

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom