Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sloul

Savant
Someone was mentioning one-shotting a dragon with an empowered spell. This is not OK.
There is a signature Monk ability for that, but you need to reach level 20 to get it working.

Shit I can't find any decent adice on a single-class builds because every forum is plagued by MULTICLASSOR retards. Even when someone asks about single class build there are aways degenerates, bubbling "HURR WHY NOT MULTICAS BRUDDA? TRY MULTI NIGGA"
Also, game, designed by an Apostle of Balance is so unbalanced that official forums is ridden with invulnerable builds. And according to that posts mods delete them from time to time.
Ok, people multi-classing are tard. Maybe you could tell us what exactly you need? You would look brighter.
What class single-class do you need advice for?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I've made my entire party single-class.
They are less broken? Single class mage can decimate any encounter in seconds.

But that's late game, right? I didn't have a mage.

The thing about multi-classing right now is that some of the good combinations will trivialize the game from the very 1st minute. I've now started 2nd playthrough with Rogue/Fighter and already on level 2 there's so much bonuses to damage and accuracy he basically deletes everything with one shot.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The more I play, the more I despise this putrid, generic pile of shit of a universe, this game and it's predecesor just don't have souls, just empty shells filled with garbage writing. Jesus christ, how can you come up with such a boring world, filled with so many uninteresting races, conflicts, names and everything else for that matter. Every time I see an NPC spouting those made up bullshit words ''Ac!!!, Ekera ,Acccc,Ekera,ACCC Ekera'', oh lord please just end my suffering already. I can't go on anymore, it was the same problem with the first game, I just can't continue to play in this farce of a universe. Fuck this game and fuck Obsidian, these hacks won't see a penny from me ever again.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just bought the season pass on GOG to help struggling Obsidian
Giving money to Feargus's kids, cousin, sister, wife, dogs, neighbours, how nice of you.
Fixed for acuracy. You should aslo include Parker and wife, and Sawyer especifically. They are the ones profiting from this. 99% of the employees will not see the colour of the money.

Steamspy doesn't work anymore after the Steam privacy change. That its now said 50k - 200k should just make that even more glaringly obvious.
:thisisfine:

Long story short, it's about as big as the first game.
That content went to the expansions.

PoE's RTWP is not any more or less popamole than IE, in fact it's more complex.
Prosperization completion rate

20-35-gorgeous-progress-bars.png

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shit I can't find any decent adice on a single-class builds because every forum is plagued by MULTICLASSOR retards. Even when someone asks about single class build there are aways degenerates, bubbling "HURR WHY NOT MULTICAS BRUDDA? TRY MULTI NIGGA"

Well...
Just pick a class and play the way you like :D Game is easy even on PotD. No advice needed, just some common sense.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
It's quite an experience to have someone say "I think you're wrong on this" and then proceed to say what you've been saying for days.
Dude I don't even see what you think my position is on the matter you're talking about. But then again how could I ? You completely derailed the discussion and seemingly assumed that I've said something I haven't ? Or you're batshit insane.

Original point in case you're interested is a few pages ago.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Mod wish:
- remove combat revives, all of them
- revives out of combat for about eh 1k 2k? stuff adra pouder into butt of dead body, showoff your work to berath, profit

Lost a dude? Reload or pay
Everytime your characters die and get revived, they get a new soul (random stance and voice set).

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Shatter pillar ubermonks. No-recovery cyphers, shoot 8 pistols in seconds rogue\blackshirts and other cheese. I always ran single-class parties

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Engagement system has the same problem it always had; the penalty for breaking it is too light (just a provokes an Attack of Opportunity) and fighters have no way to force an opponent to engage them via taunts. Spell/Missile weapon ranges are so low that there's virtually no distinction between a front and back line anyway. So the enemies who are scripted to gank your mages will pretty much always be able to do so.

Actually Into The Fray essentially serves as a pulling mechanic, as it literally pulls an enemy into Engagement. Your overall point still stands, though.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Time Parasite, level 8 spell.
I think they completely fucked up and applied the bonus to recovery in addition to action speed. So it's god mode.

Also,
After further testing, it seems that a level 1 inspiration degrades an affliction by one rank, and doesn't grant Immunity.
The whole thing being buggy doesn't help in determining how this all exactly works.
Like the priest prayer for the mind degrades a domination into a charm, which is fucking pointless when the charmed dude isn't a caster.
Yet the cyclopedia states it grants immunity or something.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Sawyer made the right call in ripping off Final Fantasy 12's gambit system and Final Fantasy 15's rest and food system. I'm just waiting for the next Final Fantasy feature to get added, perhaps a certain sword made of condensed water.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
What angered me the most is that Obsidian axed Donge. And Assassins and rogues were left with Reflex defense, which is...AoE protection. Because AoE protection is what melee assassins and rogue class needs. The most useless and almost never used defense, which means that rogues must either invest in useless stats to boost deflection or be a glass cannons, with no defense and crappy escape options. On top of that assassins have bonus only from initial stealth attack and other stealth skils does not trigger assassinate skill.
So fighters now play as old dodge characters. And rogues are left with dup defense stat. Bullshit.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Sawyer made the right call in ripping off Final Fantasy 12's gambit system and Final Fantasy 15's rest and food system. I'm just waiting for the next Final Fantasy feature to get added, perhaps a certain sword made of condensed water.
Fight boss to ulock "save game" feature

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
What angered me the most is that Obsidian axed Donge. And Assassins and rogues were left with Reflex defense, which is...AoE protection. Because AoE protection is what melee assassins and rogue class needs. The most useless and almost never used defense, which means that rogues must either invest in useless stats to boost deflection or be a glass cannons, with no defense and crappy escape options. On top of that assassins have bonus only from initial stealth attack and other stealth skils does not trigger assassinate skill.
So fighters now play as old dodge characters. And rogues are left with dup defense stat. Bullshit.

Melee characters benefit a lot from AoE protection to not get gibbed by collateral damage.

Sentinel

Arcane
Are they aware of the memory leak?

The game became unplayable after 2 hours, feels like playing Xcom 2 at release with 50 mods.

Restarting solve the issue.
They've been aware of it since PoE1. They didn't fix it then, doubt they're gonna fix it now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom