Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
has anyone managed to save the kid from Edér's quest?
I did,you just have to be quick about it and have fast ship. Just run toward the dock and after that board your ship and chase them.

Malpercio

Arcane
But the Witcher series has the "worst" pandering of them all. There are literally sex cards in Witcher 1. Does it trigger you?

Nah, the Witcher series has you take on the role of a guy that has his own established character. If I'm playing as Geralt then I should be doing Geralt things and that happens to involve pounding pussy like a Chad.

Geralt's established character involved being in love with Yennifer, and in the Witcher series you can end with any other chick. Not to mention where do the sex cards fit into the game's lore? Your arguments are weak all and all over the place. Because again, you are just morally outraged at the presence of a gay male companions.

Oh also, Godlikes have been part of PoE's lore and fantasy games since the beginning.

"He's not a FISHMAN, he's a GODLIKE. Stop being so fucking MAD." l0l Yeah, the best D&D campaigns I've been apart of have all culminated in hobgoblin orgies and drider booty calls.

False equivalence, as hobgoblin are a low, evil IQ race that don't usually join parties. Romances between different races are not unusual in D&D stories, there are even races as a result of those. Beside, I can tell you haven't even played the game, because again, the dude in question is fully human-like with a few odd characteristics like most races. Heck, the midget dude looks less human than him, why are you not mad about it? Is it because the memes haven't caught up with it?

This was actually typed after quoting a post where a guy says, "women are hot as fuk." Does your hair colour right now look like it could be sold as cotton candy at a carnival?

Ad hominem will get out nowhere. All the women in your party are bisexual. One of them is not even human:
dH7JkpC.png

Are you mad about this bisexual woman shark lady?

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
If Morwyn wasn't so butchered by her writing btw, it would have made for a very cool story.
I killed her former master at the end of the quest, and the sword went to plant itself in her heart or something. Thing is, this very cliché moment was delivered by an actually super cool, desperate crying VO fading in the back...
:negative:
Kinda reminded me of artorias scream of agony in dark souls xpac, taking me by surprise

God fucking dammit this is powerful

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I have 0 problems with the companions (besides fishboi, he's basically the dude from Moana, has a terrible voice and will not hesitate to assault your pc).
Might have to do with them never talking or doing anything.
I'm actually legit disappointed. It started with some interactions between xoti and edér, and interesting ones as Edér goes like "my bro died when ur country invaded" but it just doesn't go anywhere. And that's pretty much all party interaction I've had (besides barks and banters).

Which brings me to infighting. I have no idea how it can actually happen. Everybody loves everybody else in my party. I don't see how it could be any other way without meta gaming the shit out of it (and even then...).
Also, Nobody has any opinion on Edér.
Because they can't.
Because they never fucking say anything.

Mind you, there's probably some heat between pallegina and maia, but I didn't recruit pallegina.
Also : Aloth wasn't there. I guess I killed him in poe1 or smthg.
So if these two are essential and my experience is normal in regard of their absence, then fine. I doubt it though.

Eder and Xoti are fighting all the time in my game.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Lucky you.
I'll replay through the game when dialogue scripts and nodes are properly fixed. Whether it's the companions or the factions quests, I suspect a fair amount of those are not working properly or firing when they should.

I'm legit surprised that having two companions who are at +2 for each other in the party doesn't even proc a little flavour dialogue for example. Or maybe it's there throughs the barks ? I do recall maia and serafen talking about having a drink or something.

Sentinel

Arcane
eralt's established character involved being in love with Yennifer, and in the Witcher series you can end with any other chick.
Geralt fucks other women in the "established character canon". The games are action role-playing games, so Geralt being able to end with any other chick is merely a product of the necessary player agency in any other RPG.

Jezal_k23

I have 0 problems with the companions (besides fishboi, he's basically the dude from Moana, has a terrible voice and will not hesitate to assault your pc).
I'm actually legit disappointed. It started with some interactions between xoti and edér, and interesting ones as Edér goes like "my bro died when ur country invaded" but it just doesn't go anywhere. And that's pretty much all party interaction I've had (besides barks and banters).

Which brings me to infighting. I have no idea how it can actually happen. Everybody loves everybody else in my party. I don't see how it could be any other way without meta gaming the shit out of it (and even then...).
Because they can't.

Mind you, there's probably some heat between pallegina and maia, but I didn't recruit pallegina.
So if these two are essential and my experience is normal in regard of their absence, then fine. I doubt it though.

They really like each other in mine. That's pretty cool.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Because they can't.

I take it that you didn't rekindle his fate in the gods. Or are you talking about the banter that is totally off from their reputation scales. It is very strange to see theme go after each other while being on max reputation.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Geralt's established character involved being in love with Yennifer, and in the Witcher series you can end with any other chick. Not to mention where do the sex cards fit into the game's lore? Your arguments are weak all and all over the place. Because again, you are just morally outraged at the presence of a gay male companions.

I don't know, Malpercio, I guess The Witcher games presented the romance in them a little better than, "So I just met you and this is crazy but here's my harpoon, so tug it maybe?"

PoE2 romances appeal to rampant homosexuals that do lines of coke off twinks.

False equivalence, as hobgoblin are a low, evil IQ race that don't usually join parties. Romances between different races are not unusual in D&D stories, there are even races as a result of those. Beside, I can tell you haven't even played the game, because again, the dude in question is fully human-like with a few odd characteristics like most races. Heck, the midget dude looks less human than him, why are you not mad about it? Is it because the memes haven't caught up with it?

Don't be a racist, pls. Those are hobgoblins and they're a goddamn staple when it comes to mook slaughtering. If I can't talk shit to your precious salmon-dicked studs, you can't trash talk one of the cornerstones of the Monster Manual. I want you to apologize to me and the spirit of Gary Gygax for such heresy. I accept singing telegrams.

So, with your adamant defending of the mermen, do you want to take this opportunity to plug your DeviantArt page?

Are you mad about this bisexual woman shark lady?

Bisexual woman = threesome potential.

Bisexual man = STDs.

What-what?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Anyhow, I'm doing Eder's companion quest, I arrived to the island but

Everyone was killed by Eothas

What now? Doesn't seem like I can take it anywhere.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
According to the PoE reddit apparently Level Scaling, up or down, isn't taking effect:

There have been a few posts regarding this, but they've not really gotten much traction.

As it stands right now, level scaling up does not seem to work. I do not mean when the setting is set to level scale up, I mean, level scaling up on any setting does not seem to be working.

I've tested both settings, all encounters scale to your level, so up and down, and only upwards. I haven't checked to see if encounters scale down, but I have checked to see if they scale up, and right now, they do not appear to scale up.

The method by which this has been tested, is to look at the level bonuses applied in the combat log, which breaks everything down.

The way the game applies bonuses, is 3 points per level, after level one. At level 10, all NPCS should get +27 accuracy and +27 deflection applied to their rolls.

With level scaling up, a level 4 NPC should have +9. The expectation is that level scaling up, is going to scale any NPC you fight, up to your level. This simply isn't happening. I've also checked to see if the scaling is being baked directly into the base stats. They are not.

Unless the level scaling is hidden from the combat log, or level scaling isn't universal, even when you select the option to level scale the entire game, or they are achieving level scaling some other way, it simply is not scaling encounters up.

This would make all of those "even with the scaling turned on!" comments fall in line.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The romance things is worse than I thought, or at least how it handled besides everyone being bi-sexual. I just finished a major mission, had a "cutscene" and after that woke up inside the captain quarters. I think I manged to click to move once before getting assaulted by every god damn companion in there. Everyone decided at the same time to make a pass on my guy. It felt really bizarre. I walked from one end of the ship to the next just to get cat called by every sailor on my ship... I almost felt virtually raped :) They could at least have spread out the triggers, postenago!

Funny thing also, one of the companions I just recruited before the mission, so she wasn't even really part of the crew, yet she still managed to fall in love with the mighty Watcher of Caed Nua
icon_rolleyes.gif

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is someone saying that the companions are good?
I like all companions, okay maybe not Tekehu since that guy sounds like a less charismatic version of Red Prince. Eder is bro, that's too predictable. Serafen is #2 bro, that's also predictable. Xoti is polarizing and I can understand why some people dislike her, I personally love how "energetic" she is, especially her reaction at Ashen Maw. Pallegina and Aloth are one of a few highlights in the first game for me so it's natural to keep them side by side. Maia, I simply love her high discipline, her response in a lot of situations lines up with mine, and her personal quest is intriguing.
I am leaning towards either Huana or Principi. With the Huana, I actually like the queen and her brother so far. I expected two dimensional meek "natives" and instead I got some politically savvy assholes that do not go full retard. It is refreshing that the local Huana are not all characterized as naive children.

The Principi interest me, because they remind a little of Caesar's legion in the sense they are on the cusp of becoming something else, they just need an established city or political base.
Principi is really fun as long as you keep in mind that you're dealing with both pirates with moral and pirates without moral. I'm still feeling good about
massacring those slavers
Those cunts deserved it :incline:

Ziggy

Scholar
had upscale turned on for critical path only and it definitely worked. after roaming around level 20 and way overgeared without doing anything in combat whatsoever but watching pretty colors, the thing in the end reminded me that im actually playing a game

jungl

Augur
upscaling not working but save game corruption is as I had my saved games corrupted. Maybe I will check the enchanced edition a year later.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Eder, Aloth and Xoti have permanent stays of residence in my party. The last slot is up for grabs, though currently it's occupied by Pallegina. I do feel I'm missing out though, by basically having the majority of the party be old companions.

I'm gonna kick Pallegina's ass out next time I play. Only really had her on for the same reasons as in PoE1: paladins are extremely useful.

Sentinel

Arcane
What am I missing? I can't find Ondra's Mortar. I have the thing in my journal that says I've upgraded both sails and hull to max but there's still nothing that indicates where it is on the map.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
has anyone managed to save the kid from Edér's quest?
I did,you just have to be quick about it and have fast ship. Just run toward the dock and after that board your ship and chase them.
I did that but the goddamn ship isn't due north of Nekataka, so I thought maybe I had to go through Ashen Maw to find the kid. By the time I was done there and finally found the ship, the kid was long dead :negative:

Eder can't catch a break, his quests always end up shitty

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
There is a unique hat to be gotten if enough piracy is comitted:

zDIUg5hJdpV5Lsv7E6p1XoLVceSKXC4dDa56aMfR6-8.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom