Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Bounties were pointless filler in the first game too, so I'm not sure where the surprise is coming from.

Although what annoys me is that they have like 500 different NPCs in 500 different locations giving out the bounties, as opposed to just one-two dudes in PoE1. Pretty obvious attempt to create an illusion of more content.

2house2fly

Magister
I think the shanties are tied to morale, and they'll only sing when morale is high.

My ship morale is never high because I'm a tightwad who forces my crew to subsist on a diet on crackers and water.

I think that I have stated multiple times when someone with the insight of a toad says they are tied to morale that I have 100/100 morale.. but please obsidian apologists keep telling me that they only appear when morale is high when they, in fact, don't appear at all because they are not in the game.
Its funny that this is still making you increasingly angry

Generic-Giant-Spider

But the Witcher series has the "worst" pandering of them all. There are literally sex cards in Witcher 1. Does it trigger you?

Nah, the Witcher series has you take on the role of a guy that has his own established character. If I'm playing as Geralt then I should be doing Geralt things and that happens to involve pounding pussy like a Chad.

He's not a fishman. He's a godlike. Pretty uncommon but not weird in a world of elves, goblins and dragons. A lot of party members in your party are not human, including possibiy the very MC. Stop getting your information from /v/ and actually play these games, which I can see you are clearly not doing. Oh, wait, it doesn't matter because you are just MAD.

"He's not a FISHMAN, he's a GODLIKE. Stop being so fucking MAD." l0l Yeah, the best D&D campaigns I've been apart of have all culminated in hobgoblin orgies and drider booty calls.

But you said "faggotry" triggers you. Which one is this? You seem confused about what you want.

This was actually typed after quoting a post where a guy says, "women are hot as fuk." Does your hair colour right now look like it could be sold as cotton candy at a carnival?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bounties were challenging combat encounters that rewarded at least one cool and powerful item, though. They might be filler in the sense they are only "go kill that dude/tte", but in terms of gameplay they were a good addition. From what people are saying, this is exactly what I was expecting it will end up as - shallow and terrible writing ("fixed" by skipping); pointless companions/sidekicks ("fixed" by taking adventurers [thank everything they exist]); boring ship combat ("fixed" by ramming); not-as-good-as-NV factions and interaction between them; somewhat good exploration and maps closer to WM1/2 in quality; combat that is playable, but not good enough on release; and a lot of bugs. What I wasn't expecting is the feeling of it being unfinished, rushed and people reporting widely different playtimes.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
Bounties were pointless filler in the first game too, so I'm not sure where the surprise is coming from.

Although what annoys me is that they have like 500 different NPCs in 500 different locations giving out the bounties, as opposed to just one-two dudes in PoE1. Pretty obvious attempt to create an illusion of more content.
It kind of annoyed me that they gave them to more than one NPC in the first game. Just give the new bounties to the warden at Caed Nua! Eh it really doesn't matter

Tigranes

Arcane
I've definitely heard them singing their shanties a grand total of once, but it's likely the game is just bugged to shit and the shanties just aren't activating anymore for whatever reason. No need to have a autist fit, m8.

saying the shanties just aren't activating anymore implies they activated at all in the first place, which is impossible since they do not exist.

The birth of the shanty truthers

Also, I must have slipped into some god's favour somewhere around 2010, since I used to get the very worst bugs any game had to offer (Morrowind, etc), and now I don't get any big ones. Not even a CTD.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On another note, Concelhaut fight is the best damn encounter I've had in my game.
Dat little unique shield I got at the beginning (shimmer scale) turned out very handy :smug:

That fight took a long time. Killed all his pals but didn't do any damage to the guy, until Edér got seriously wounded and I switched him to range. All of sudden I was doing insane damage with his rifle. Not sure why though, bullets pierce weird magic shields or something?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Also which faction did you guys go with? Having trouble deciding. I don't think I really like any of them unlike in FNV.
Royal Deadfire Company is the best faction. The Huana are backwards losers and the (((Vailians))) are just trying to exploit the Deadfire. The Principi are cool I guess but I usually stick with the good guys for my first playthrough.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They've somehow managed to make Palla even more of a fucking stick-in-the-mud than she was in the first game, which is really saying something. I removed her from my party when I realized she was reacting negatively to virtually every single fucking thing my other party members were saying and having bitch-fits at the slightest provocation.
Josh Sawyer's self-insert/pet character hating the self-inserts/pet characters of the other writers you say. :hmmm:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've scoured streams, youtube videos and other media for proof that there are sea shanties in the game. I could find nothing. The only evidence available are audio only uploads of a soundtrack which can be easily faked and hearsay from forum shitposters, obsidian shills and obsidian (a company we know to have shady characters in upper management)

look into it

AN4RCHID

Arcane
They've somehow managed to make Palla even more of a fucking stick-in-the-mud than she was in the first game, which is really saying something. I removed her from my party when I realized she was reacting negatively to virtually every single fucking thing my other party members were saying and having bitch-fits at the slightest provocation.
Josh turned her into a euphoric nu athiest :lol: Every conversation I have with any other companion, she butts in to give her totally unsolicited edgy opinion of the gods.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
6:40 in that video:

"if you're a little sick of the standard fantasy vibe, I'd point you towards Torment. Torment is SUCH A GREAT WORLD BUILDING EXPERIMENT... it's based on a tabletop RPG called Numenera and it's AWESOME"

:backawayslowly:

Sentinel

Arcane
hmmmm.
so I went to the wahaki island, murdered the entire outpost, no one survives. Come back to the Queen, tell her they won't be joining her alliance 'cause they're dead, she's mad but says ok. Accept her next quest, the very first sentence she utters: "The wahaki will be joining us in our fight against the..."

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Guys, I think it's time we cut it short.
Jenkem, we're messing with you dude. There are no sea shanties in the game.

Bounties aren't interesting besides the fact they pay very, very well.

Obsidian and RPG Codex colluded to fool you into thinking something was wrong with your game, just to watch you slip into madness and paranoia.

badler Anthony Davis :argh::argh::argh::argh:@Infinitron IHaveHugeNick

They are fucking with you, shanties are in the game. Would I lie a bro? :obviously:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Josh Sawyer's self-insert/pet character hating the self-inserts/pet characters of the other writers you say. :hmmm:

I'd take her just to see her bitch and yell at the others, tbh. I was thinking of taking (*gasp*) Pallegina, Serafen (not sure about him) and Ydwin, but I don't know if all of them won't just be cringe and hopw roewur ne. Contrary to most people it seems, I kinda liked Pallegina in PoE1, she had a bit of fire that I personally find very alluring.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Also, don't you just love Lacrymas cherrypicking all the worst opinions he can find, ignoring all the good ones and proclaiming how all his predictions about the game turned out correct.

:edgy:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
What's the deal with Ydwin? I'm level 11, over 20 hours in and I haven't seen her. I've done a chunk of the main quest and started on the faction quests.

Jezal_k23

What's the deal with Ydwin? I'm level 11, over 20 hours in and I haven't seen her. I've done a chunk of the main quest and started on the faction quests.

I can tell you where she is. She isn't really hidden. A bit out of the way maybe, but if you're thorough you'll find her inevitably.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Bounties kinda suck. There's ton of them, you can't take multiple from one NPC and there's shitton of NPCs all around the world with them. It turned from special content for combatfags to crappy filler quick.

2house2fly

Magister
When I got to Neketaka I walked to the closest district, then walked into the first building I saw, and she was in that building

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom