Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Pete Hines on Fallout 3 - again, again and again

xuerebx

Erudite
Haven't heard of that game, but thanks for the link, I'll check it out. And there's a german game I'm also hearing about, Age of Darkness or something like that.

NeVeRLiFt

Liturgist
Bethshitda can and will learn something from Blizzard about camera angle and isometric perspective.

The fact Diablo 3 is using it and a new game thats state of art.... shows Blizz knows what they're doing and how to keep their fans happy!

FU Beth and I hope like hell FO3 fails for them and they learn their lesson.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
xuerebx said:
Awesome can't wait for this game. Would go on the NMA forums for more information but they're nearly all non conformist elitist nerds to be honest. 'Tleast I'm just a nerd :P

Not much games to wait for anyway this year. This one, The Witcher Enhanced Edition, and hopefully Dragon Age will be out next year.
I am afraid you walked into the wrong site, friend.

The Lawnmower

Novice
NeVeRLiFt said:
FU Beth and I hope like hell FO3 fails for them and they learn their lesson.

That's the worst part of it all.

It won't fail and they won't learn their lesson.

xuerebx

Erudite
Unradscorpion said:
xuerebx said:
Awesome can't wait for this game. Would go on the NMA forums for more information but they're nearly all non conformist elitist nerds to be honest. 'Tleast I'm just a nerd :P

Not much games to wait for anyway this year. This one, The Witcher Enhanced Edition, and hopefully Dragon Age will be out next year.
I am afraid you walked into the wrong site, friend.

Yeah I know this place has got it's elitist nerds, but you can easily ignore/laugh at elitist fools. On NMA, if you like FO3 like me, and don't like the previous fallouts, you get warned/banned so easily. I think I may ask /b/ to help clean up that mess :lol:

I know there are some people who hate this game, some have reasonable opinions, others try and be nostalgic and shit, though nobody gives a damn about those. But I didn't like the iso view and the tedious turn based combat, so when I saw FO3 during the E3 conference I wanted to know more about the game, and alas it's the game I'm looking forward to most this year.

Beth's still got a large fan base, not to mention I'm sure there will be more people who love this game then who hate it. But in the words of tvtropes, "Fallout fans have become infamous throughout the game industry not only for their immense whininess, but for their tendency to whine about every little thing".

I do respect some opinions though, as I agree with them. But kudos to beth for not making that boring turn based combat and finally a non-iso view. That is all.

Texas Red

Whiner
So the only reason you dislike FO is because of the iso view and combat? And the reason you're waiting for FO 3 is because it's an action game?

k

xuerebx

Erudite
No, because of the combat, that's one of the main things. I know you're trying to be funny, but you're not actually. The combat was very slow and tedious, put me off the game. Sure it has other aspects, but when you're playing a blood thirsty murderer who gets off by killing, combat comes into it. I'm not a fan of ISO camera, but the combat is the worst factor, for me that is.

Why do I like FO3? Because I love being in the world, so a 3rd person camera. I love the VATs, cannibalism, and the whole open world setting.

And don't think someone like me is rare, I can assure you thousands of people will be loving FO3 while they wouldn't touch the previous fallouts. And I'm an old-ish guy, but those games didn't do it for me. I accept how games evolved, and that they're appealing for more people, unlike the past when video games were frowned upon.

I'm not saying anything's wrong if you don't like FO3, but I do hate it when someone tries to be nostalgic and shit like that, seriously, no one cares that you're being nostalgic about a game. At least use some good reasoning - which I've seen. The game ain't perfect, obviously, so there are things which I'd like to fix. When the CS comes out, which it will, I can f ix these things.

My opinion obviously, I'm entitled to it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
4_300.png

Defcom 2 people!

xuerebx

Erudite
Troll :roll:

I can't believe you guys think that only your opinion counts. I've got a different opinion, and you call me a troll. Pathetic really, no wonder.

Yes, I *love* FO3, and FO1/2 didn't do it for me, just like other games didn't do it for me. And you've got a different opinion, I don't see why it matters really.

xuerebx

Erudite
Says a lot about you to be honest. You call anyone a troll if they don't agree with your opinion. I only joined to hear other people's opinion about some games, but it seems that only the older games are good for you, while the new ones are crap.

And when when I try to make a point and you only answer with stupid 'witty' remarks instead of a good argument, shows how immature you are.

Have fun kids.

I thought I could get a mature discussion, like adult to adult, even if our opinions different completely. Guess I was wrong, or was I?

So let me get this straight, anyone who doesn't agree with the general consensus on this forum is wrong? Because, just to let you know, a lot of people are like me, in the way that they are loving this game.

EDIT: @unradscorpion: I found the mention of RPG Codex in an article. On tvtropes, which described unpleasable fanbases of different games, it was quite a good and funny read actually.

Roshamo mode ENGAGE!

xuerebx said:
On NMA, if you like FO3 like me, and don't like the previous fallouts, you get warned/banned so easily.

No, you get warned/banned because you are a fucking shitstain who is too angsty to avoid getting butthurt when a bunch of people on the internet have a different opinion and your aspergers forces you to yell insults at them and use piss-poor arguments just so you can "tell them".

I think I may ask /b/ to help clean up that mess :lol:

Fucking hell. Real men use GNAA you emasculated J-trash!

nostalgic

Is this your new fucking buzzword? You just shout this at the top of your lungs because you can comprehend jack-fucking-shit or actually argue a reasonable point besides

"Waaaah...I'm butthurt they don't like Fallout 3 they must be NOSTALGIC!".

and alas it's the game I'm looking forward to most this year

Because you have no fucking taste.

Beth's still got a large fan base

Of slavering, drooling idiot manboons.

But in the words of tvtropes, "Fallout fans have become infamous throughout the game industry not only for their immense whininess, but for their tendency to whine about every little thing".

Blah, blah, blah I am too much of a passive-aggressive, goony faggot to actually insult people with baseless straw-men to their face so I will use a Wiki because I get +5 to them with my Self-Diagnosed Assbergers. Fuck off smegmalicker!

I do respect some opinions though, as I agree with them.

Translation; I am just like every other faggot hippie liberal and drop the pretenses of relativism as soon as it doesn't work perfectly to make all of my shitty tastes and opinions seem cultured.

That is all.

Oh I fucking wish your faggot ass had hauled itself out at this point.

I know you're trying to be funny, but you're not actually.

Oh sick burn shithead.

but I do hate it when someone tries to be nostalgic and shit like that

Oh look here it is again. I can't fucking argue so I'm just going to say you guys are in the past and idiots and shit.

seriously, no one cares that you're being nostalgic about a game

Obviously you give a shit to white knight for Bethesda and fight the evil jerks who are being mean to Bethesda and fans of Shitout 3. And more "nostalgic". Did you just learn that word is Ms. Rottencrotch's 8th grade English class today and want to use it as much as possible?

My opinion obviously, I'm entitled to it.

No you aren't you liberal hpipie asswipe. You don't get an opinion until you can earn one by defending a point. Stop flinging your idiot relativism around.

I can't believe you guys think that only your opinion counts. I've got a different opinion, and you call me a troll. Pathetic really, no wonder.

No, we call you a troll (which is really too good for you) because you waltz in here with your relativistic bullshit and start acting like an uppity Jewish civil rights lawyer thinking that you are fucking special and that everyone should just shower you in respect. Get the fuck out. Maybe if you had come in here with a little less of a "I'm so fucking special and entitled so everybody listen to and respect me" attitude then maybe we wouldn't be tossing your internet salad dumbass.

And when when I try to make a point and you only answer with stupid 'witty' remarks instead of a good argument, shows how immature you are.

Iranian calling the Iraqi a sandy.

And you walked in here you just spew bullshit nonstop and defend it with nothing but "It's my opinion!" or "NOSTALGIA!" expecting them to shut everybody up and make you instantly accepted because they're some magic fucking Harry Potter words for debating.

*Roshambo mode has suffered a critical failure and must shut down. Billy Ray Cyrus mode will engage now Y/N.*

Billy Ray Cyrus mode ENGAGE!

Have fun kids.

Don't break my heart, my achey breaky heart.

xuerebx

Erudite
Wow what a loser. Use those insults in real life or over the internet? If you're older than 16, I pity your life. Kids these days.

Oh, and I'm an idiot with no taste? What would I call you then? A fucking elitist loser nerd? That actually sums you up.

xuerebx

Erudite
Coming from the guy who took his time coming up with those insults?

I suppose I should say "Yeah I like all the older games and newer games suck cause I'm still stuck in the 90s. I wish gaming was still for nerds other than becoming so mainstream nowadays".

That should do it.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
We are not stuck in the 90's. You are obviously too stupid or young to notice that gameplay is dumbing down to better graphics.

xuerebx said:
Coming from the guy who took his time coming up with those insults?

When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of you and umption....poor umption. What can I say, I'm just naturally talented and thanks for telling me. Telling someone they took a lot of time on something they obviously didn't is like getting carded at old age...a veiled compliment.

I suppose I should say "Yeah I like all the older games and newer games suck cause I'm still stuck in the 90s. I wish gaming was still for nerds other than becoming so mainstream nowadays".

That should do it.

Chill brah, smoke a bowl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom