Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's over.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

What a truly great game, as expected from Atlus.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
There were parts in the translation that were kind of wonky, but they were much less noticeable when I was using the Japanese dub. But there was nothing that was bad enough to warrant complaining directly to Atlus about, and certainly not enough to dedicate an entire website to.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's over.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

What a truly great game, as expected from Atlus.

Congratulations, I, for my limited access to PS3 right nau, am planning to finish it no sooner than in two months :/ How would you rate it comparing to other SMT? Best Persona evar?

Not the best SMT but it is definitely the best Persona. Can't wait to play the next one in another decade after Atlus has milked the fuck outta Persona 5 with spinoffs and animes.

Anyway I might come and do a NG+ run of P5 after I'm done playing the DaS3 GOTY version. Might challenge myself to try and make an Arsene run where I try and keep Arsene useful until I get Potter-kun's ultimate persona
Satanael

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I made this coffee months ago, why am I drinking it now in this crypt? Why do I still have it?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I'm glad it doesn't raise any alarm bells to Kawakami that all my laundry is suits of armor.

willdunz

Literate
atlus registered a few domain names. so we are probably gonna get a fighting game, a dancing game and an enhanced edition.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Or that you have your teacher dressed as a French maid constantly hanging around the shop, making coffee, curry and giving you full body massages...

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Think I'm approaching the point where I need to pick a girlfriend soon, although there might be a few girls I haven't met yet, not sure.

It's gotta be either Hifumi or Kawakami. There's something wrong with anyone who picks Futaba.

Who all did you guys pick?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Think I'm approaching the point where I need to pick a girlfriend soon, although there might be a few girls I haven't met yet, not sure.

It's gotta be either Hifumi or Kawakami. There's something wrong with anyone who picks Futaba.

There is something wrong with you for thinking that there is something wrong for picking bestest udmurt...

eric__s

ass hater
Developer

There is something wrong with you for thinking that there is something wrong for picking bestest udmurt...
Hifumi is a mega babe and master shogo player. I can easily get her to play Battle Brothers. Futaba, on the other hand, is an autistic person with garbage bags full of piss bottles in her room.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'm about halfway through May right now (2nd palace) and I'm starting to get annoyed at how heavily railroaded the game has been so far. Does it get any better after this?

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
No. The game is heavily railroaded from start to finish. You always have some free time after you beat the dungeon ASAP, but it's not much. There are no months of nothing happening storywise like in P3.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
No. The game is heavily railroaded from start to finish. You always have some free time after you beat the dungeon ASAP, but it's not much. There are no months of nothing happening storywise like in P3.
So basically it has the exact opposite issue that Persona 3 had?

latest

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I don't mind the railroading, what annoys me is the way that railroading artificially limits your time use.

So many sections when you do absolutely nothing that day because of exposition, or evenings when you are told to go to bead even tho you can go out after dungeons with massages.

I feel like they have more than enough content present to have expanded the play time more.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
You must wait and rebuy the same game as P5 FES.

Altus has got your retard number.

*RING RING*..SRAME GAME (ALRMOST), FITRY MOR DOLLRU.

Zep--

Cromwell

Arcane
I don't mind the railroading, what annoys me is the way that railroading artificially limits your time use.

So many sections when you do absolutely nothing that day because of exposition, or evenings when you are told to go to bead even tho you can go out after dungeons with massages.

I feel like they have more than enough content present to have expanded the play time more.

they should have stretched it a little bit more and instead of large story chunks over a few days they could have put them over a little bit more time maybe with a bit filler, and dont skip time just because you have to talk to the team in the hideout. P§s system was also shit because you got no story for large parts of the game which made me lose interest very fast especially since the dungeon was boring as fuck.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Heavy railroading and draconian time constraints are the biggest problems. There's never an opportunity to really feel like I can explore anything fully because everything passes time, from washing dirty gear to swinging a baseball bat 5 times. I'm currently in between the 3nd and 3rd palaces, and I'm supposed to be looking for clues about who this next target is, yet...it never feels like I'm sleuthing for clues, or this 2 week time limit matters in the least because the game is forcing me to pass days and do the sleuthing on its terms, rather than mine.

This is, by far, my biggest complaint about the game. I just went through a week stretch IG where I literally got to do nothing. The storyline just continued with cut scenes and progressed each day. Like, I can't even have my evening time?

Why does it take me all night/afternoon to wash clothes or go to the batting cages? There's just some stuff you should be able to do and then do something else. With P4, I was a little more understanding, because if they allowed that you could literally probably do everything in the game. But here, there's SO MUCH SHIT. I would like to do a lot more things, like go hear the politician speak, or work at a job or make more coffee, but I'm constantly prioritizing. I literally have a list of things I want to do that I haven't been able to do yet. So, yeah, if they just cut back on what moved time forward a little they have more than enough content.

atlus registered a few domain names. so we are probably gonna get a fighting game, a dancing game and an enhanced edition.

I also read about a mysterious domain game some people think is a racing game? I guess between Morgana turning into a van and Makota's motorcycle it makes sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom