Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Lord of Nothing DLC Released

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
We can be sure of this. I'm more interested in what type of experience Owlcat wants to give us.
As usual Mortismal has already made a video about this. His channel is turning into Google for video games. You can check it out it's a little over 8minutes.
He mentioned there's some awesome boss fight with a lot of phases and he also covered the companions but I don't recall what he said in detail. One of the new companions is a Bard named Penta, not sure if there are others.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
We can be sure of this. I'm more interested in what type of experience Owlcat wants to give us.
As usual Mortismal has already made a video about this. His channel is turning into Google for video games. You can check it out it's a little over 8minutes.
He mentioned there's some awesome boss fight with a lot of phases and he also covered the companions but I don't recall what he said in detail. One of the new companions is a Bard named Penta, not sure if there are others.

Interesting. This boss with different phases is something new in the RTwP subgenre, but this Penta bard sounds very... non-binary.

But maybe I'm exaggerating.

harhar!

Augur
This sounds very generic. Evil demon lord! Find the artefacts! Defeat evil! :dead:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Interesting. This boss with different phases is something new in the RTwP subgenre, but this Penta bard sounds very... non-binary.

Owlcat's done bosses with different phases before. The Lantern King at the end of Kingmaker has four, each with their own theme.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Owlcat's done bosses with different phases before. The Lantern King at the end of Kingmaker has four, each with their own theme.

I never made it to the very end. I always get bored when the kingdom management phase begins.
hope nobody here is going to buy this srussian product

They are proud Cypriots, as Greek as Socrates and Maria Callas. Mishulin's slanted eyes are the result of Ottoman invasions, but a gyros beats in his heart.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I never could finish either Pathfinder game. I just played them until I got too bored and annoyed, which was after about 10 to 20 hours. But I recommend trying them just to see what kind of clusterfuck they are.
I thought Wrath was pretty well done. Picking the right class/archetype is pretty essential for newcomers to Pathfinder. Nothing more demoralizing than your main toon dying in two hits or taking a back seat to his companions.

I didn't manage to finish Kingmaker but I still want to go back and give it another shot. The problem with this is that both games have a monstrous amount of content. But yeah, clusterfuck is a good description.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I always get bored when the kingdom management phase begins.
I never could finish either Pathfinder game. I just played them until I got too bored and annoyed, which was after about 10 to 20 hours. But I recommend trying them just to see what kind of clusterfuck they are.

I think these games will appeal to two, not necessarily different, groups:

1) People obsessed with builds.

2) Cringe connoisseurs/cringe people.

GloomFrost

Arcane
So I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised with this DLC. Nice old-school DnD adventure. Not too much exposition, almost no woke crap, light hearted humour. Very strong Shadows of Undertide vibes. Some memorable locations and well designed combat encounters. Sweet and short. Definitely one of the highlights of 2023. Highly recommended. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How many fucking DLCs are they pumping out for this game? I swear to god. Every time I check back on this game I see another DLC being announced. It's like Paradox. Contrast this to Larian where after their successful kickstarter with Divinity they kept releasing free contents as well as post support; and they didn't nickle dime their fans. Owlcat made good money from their kickstarter, yet have the audacity to make paid DLCs?
They announced a Season Pass early on, and then another later on after that one was finished. They said they would release 3 DLC for each season pass. So we've still got 1 more paid DLC for this season pass to go. If you can't take them following up on their promise, then I don't know what to tell you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom