Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Lord of Nothing DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Lord of Nothing

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3860209784918105795

Greetings, pathfinders!
The Lord of Nothing DLC is live now and available for purchase. Please, note that the Autumn Sale starts today, and you can buy the Season Pass 2 with the new DLC in it for a 20% discount. Grab Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and the Season Pass for a 70% discount, or the “Inevitable Excess” DLC, the “Through the Ashes” DLC, and “The Treasure of the Midnight Isles” DLC separately for a 50% discount.

The Lord of Nothing DLC completes the story of the adventurers who began their journey in the Through the Ashes DLC — they have traveled from the burning city to the frozen realm, where they encountered a mystifying behavior of local demons. They will meet Penta — their new android companion — find an ally in an angel of Sarenrae, and travel through portals to different locations: a wizard's tower full of goblins, a village overrun by giants, a mysterious settlement in the tropics, and the Shadow plane. They will face a powerful demon lord before whom they are almost powerless. What other dangers will they meet along the way? What do the forests and castles along their path hide? Will our adventurers be able to resist, or will they succumb to the influence of the evil deeply rooted in these lands? Find out in The Lord of Nothing DLC!

The commander of the Fifth Crusade will not be left behind — they and their team will embark on a dangerous journey and an epic battle!

This new adventure is even more exciting with 15 new archetypes, new feats, and new spells — try the new possibilities of character development in both the DLCs and in the main campaign!

Last but not least, our new RPG — Warhammer, 40,000: Rogue Trader is ready for release on December 7th! Wishlist it so you don't miss the release then head into the grim darkness of the far future without delay!
Or take advantage of the final opportunity to pre-order the game on the website to get exclusive rewards!​

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2564570/Pathfinder_Wrath_of_the_Righteous__The_Lord_of_Nothing/
https://af.gog.com/en/game/pathfinder_wrath_of_the_righteous_the_lord_of_nothing?as=1649904300

TwoEdge

Scholar
Buyer beware, owners of Season Pass 2 at GOG have not received the DLC yet. I'll update this post when the issue is fixed.

EDIT: The issue is now fixed. This cheeses my onions, though, as it's the third time I have had this problem on GOG. First, it was with Spellforce 3 Reforced, then with Age of Wonders 4, and now this. It's a known problem yet they still have no permanent solution.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
How many fucking DLCs are they pumping out for this game? I swear to god. Every time I check back on this game I see another DLC being announced. It's like Paradox. Contrast this to Larian where after their successful kickstarter with Divinity they kept releasing free contents as well as post support; and they didn't nickle dime their fans. Owlcat made good money from their kickstarter, yet have the audacity to make paid DLCs?

TwoEdge

Scholar
"We are bunch of weridos".

I call out anyone who denied that Owlcat's dialogues are embarrassing and amateurish.
The character speaking is an android from before the apocalypse. Modern slang is justified.
I wouldn't even go that far, Pathfinder, as a whole, is anachronistic as fuck. Clearly devised to appeal to a broader consumer base than the Codex, unfortunate as this may be.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!

I call out anyone who denied that Owlcat's dialogues are embarrassing and amateurish.

the dialogues and general writing of what I've played of PF:K so far have been decent and sometimes even good (and markedly superior to Pillars). I havent played WOTR or whatever so I cant speak to it, but from the cringefinder thread I would assume they got new writers - probably women - and it went to shit, as it is with all things.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

The character speaking is an android from before the apocalypse. Modern slang is justified.
If it were a science fiction game, would this monologue sound better?

I wouldn't even go that far, Pathfinder, as a whole, is anachronistic as fuck. Clearly devised to appeal to a broader consumer base than the Codex, unfortunate as this may be.

The world of Pathfinder makes even less sense than Forgotten Realms, but it is tolerable as a pulp conglomeration of tropes worn out in fiction. An intelligent author could even play something on it, but, as you point out, the "general audience" only wants to recreate themselves in the game, with the same blue hair.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

That's baked into the setting. This was a futuristic society that went through an apocalypse that set back technology quite a bit. The survivors passed on their attitudes and language.

If it were a science fiction game, would this monologue sound better?
Most science fiction tends to be "current year but with future technology."

TwoEdge

Scholar

That's baked into the setting. This was a futuristic society that went through an apocalypse that set back technology quite a bit. The survivors passed on their attitudes and language.
I get you, but that's a narrative device to give carte blanche for the writers to lean even more on slang and contemporary lingo. Why do the survivors' mannerisms resemble modern-day Earth (which, AFAIK, exists in-universe)? They could have them be even more alien, but no, their goal is to be digestible.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How many fucking DLCs are they pumping out for this game? I swear to god. Every time I check back on this game I see another DLC being announced. It's like Paradox. Contrast this to Larian where after their successful kickstarter with Divinity they kept releasing free contents as well as post support; and they didn't nickle dime their fans. Owlcat made good money from their kickstarter, yet have the audacity to make paid DLCs?

Thing is this DLC alone has more content than full game like Colony Ship.

Pause and think about it.

Smart of them to make it a continuation of the first DLC. Now it's basically a parallel campaign. I am moderately interested and might bite. I'd enjoy more of this game, but I don't know that I'm ready to go through the main campaign again so soon. This might fit that bill.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Smart of them to make it a continuation of the first DLC. Now it's basically a parallel campaign. I am moderately interested and might bite. I'd enjoy more of this game, but I don't know that I'm ready to go through the main campaign again so soon. This might fit that bill.
I dare you. Go play Through the Ashes and then Lord of Nothing. It would make for one of the worst campaigns in pc gaming history.

Mortmal

Arcane
I dare you. Go play Through the Ashes and then Lord of Nothing. It would make for one of the worst campaigns in pc gaming history.
And that guy sure knows what he is talking about !

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
That's baked into the setting. This was a futuristic society that went through an apocalypse that set back technology quite a bit.
Didn't know that. Makes the setting much more interesting than the usual fantasy, similar to the later Wizardries or some of the Might & Magic titles.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Isn’t there one more part to this second season pass DLC?

Kingmaker is massively on sale $4-8.

WOTR… $12-27

Season pass 2 doesn’t list the names it just says DLC 4,5,6 and explanation of DLC. Hmph. Only 20% off.

Last edited:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
For those who have all DLC, how much storage space does this game take up?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom