Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Screenshot-20220923-085713.png

:-D
This is exactly accurate. Glad you've come around.

power-gaming choices that just work
Things that work for voltronning are different than things that work for a full team once you take into account opportunity costs. With multiple attackers you can forgo some of the marginal damage-only stuff that's necessary if you've only got one attacker for AoE/AB/versatility/survivability/staying power/whatever else that's stopping you from smoothly getting through fights. Looks like I'm going to have to demonstrate doing that on high difficulties again if people are going to believe it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Anyway, its crazy that a supposed Hex master - witch, only has access to somewhat inferior debuff Hexes - that are blocked by mind effect immunity
Hampering is AC only, Eye is AC/AB/Saves. Agony is 60 ft range (will be a lot better when Owlcat fixes the Poison coding on all Nauseate so it works on Demons), Delicious Fright is no save Shaken, once Modders/Owlcat add some Hex DC boosters the Grand One I'm forgetting what it does will probably be good. As it is you've got Bites for team and resourceless rez to look forward to so Witch isn't exactly hurting.

it's not good action economy for a character who also wants to make full attacks
Since Metal stacks with Hampering you'd use it on stuff like Daidre's friend here (nice job hitting that thing even with Mutation Warrior) since Full Attacks that all whiff aren't doing much.

That is some crazy HP.
You guys insisted on building for so much unnecessary damage playing that MMO in your head that they decided to give you something to make you feel better. Customer is always right.

Desiderius

Patron
Were blowing her up twice per round for 547 damage. Boss died before Last Stand had run out on my Monk.
That's really impressive Daidre. Above my skill level at this point I think.

my usual approach is to take couple of solid performers into the party and fill out other 4 with some weird build/archetypes I hadn't tried yet. Mostly, they turn out to be as subpar as I expected them to be next to the best archetypes, but there are some pleasant discoveries here and there.
A little sad that it took Rod + base Angel ability but if you were hitting that thing with anything else you were using knowledge gained by that experimentation.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Owlcat did something weird with this one:
Shadow bosses in the 3rd DLC now drop unique items instead of money.
There is one Nahindrian crystal in the big boss reward chest together with the boss specific item (mask, stone, glaive) that speed ups Mythic progression even more on repeat runs. That make it 13 MR crystals per run too once you have access to the last boss after 3 incomplete runs.

Could be bug but too damn specific to be one.

Desiderius

Patron
When I got to the guy who drops Broken Trickster on my second run he just dropped 50k instead (then I had to buy Trickster for 200k). I had expected the item. Judging by the difficulty ramp I wouldn't be surprised if the extra crystal is intentional.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Owlcat did something weird with this one:
Shadow bosses in the 3rd DLC now drop unique items instead of money.
There is one Nahindrian crystal in the big boss reward chest together with the boss specific item (mask, stone, glaive) that speed ups Mythic progression even more on repeat runs. That make it 13 MR crystals per run too once you have access to the last boss after 3 incomplete runs.

Could be bug but too damn specific to be one.
Is there any purpose to this when you can only have 10 Mythic levels?! Maybe this just lets you get to Mythic 10 faster.

Daidre

Arcane
Is there any purpose to this when you can only have 10 Mythic levels?! Maybe this just lets you get to Mythic 10 faster.
Well you can sell it to mimic chest and buy on the next run for 80k gold. Dropping it on the ship mid-expedition to loot in the next run worked too, but they have alluded to the ship-cleaning work in their patch notes, so maybe they've closed that route.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well you can sell it to mimic chest and buy on the next run for 80k gold. Dropping it on the ship mid-expedition to loot in next run worked too, but they have alluded to the ship-cleaning work in their patch notes, so maybe they've closed that route.
They did, people on Steam forums early already told them they used this trick to move items between runs

Daidre

Arcane
They did, people on Steam forums early already told them they used this trick to move items between runs
Honestly, I am still not sure if mimic sell-buy scheme is working as intended or it is another accident of the save system.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Honestly, I am still not sure if mimic sell-buy scheme is working as intended or it is another accident of the save system.
We will find out in the future if they fix it. Do you know what the purpose of that starting chest is (Toothy chest or something)?

Daidre

Arcane
We will find out in the future if they fix it. Do you know what the purpose of that starting chest is (Toothy chest or something)?
They have moved yellow Lore items with the boss stories into that chest in last patch, when you restart on new attempt. And you can put things there too now. I want to put some trash in both chests just to check if anything will be kept there cross-run.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They have moved yellow Lore items with the boss stories into that chest in last patch, when you restart on new attempt. And you can put things there too now. I want to put some trash in both chests just to check if anything will be kept there cross-run.
I didn't try after last patch but before I was trying to put different stuff inside and it would take nothing.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
On Reddit they reported another stealth nerf - to pouncing Spirited Chargers.

Look what they did to my bois :(

ArchAngel

Arcane

What did they nerf exactly? Only first attack gets spirited charge bonus?
I think this nerf is OK, it is not supposed to work beyond first attack.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I still want to do a dragonheir scion run for extra shitty fighter experience. Assuming the game ever gets fixed. Right now I just don't have the patience for it.
So, coming back to this. Does anyone (Daidre seems to be most in the know about this stuff) have any idea how much a 20/10/10 dragonheir scion/eldritch scion/dragon disciple would bork out when it comes to bloodline progression and interaction? In a perfect world I imagine that the dragonheir would just progress as its own thing and eldritch would interact with DD as per normal, but then again it's just not safe to assume anything in this game. Also wonder if this would properly fix the otherwise useless arcane strike you get as a dragonheir.

Daidre

Arcane
Does anyone (@Daidre seems to be most in the know about this stuff) have any idea how much a 20/10/10 dragonheir scion/eldritch scion/dragon disciple would bork out when it comes to bloodline progression and interaction?
I have checked it right now, Bloodline from Dragonheir Scion has no interaction with one that you choose with first level of Eldritch Scion and later progress with Dragon Disciple. Only Dragonheir Scion's levels are counted in progression of his limited version of Bloodline, my test Dragonheir Scion 10/Eldritch Scion 5/Dragon Disciple 3 had it at level 10, and had Sorcerer's Bloodline Version that Eldritch Scion gets at lvl 8. Bloodlines are shown as two completely separate ability lines.

He gets + Natural AC from both Draconic Defenses and Draconic Resistances, it stacks from both, since technically it is two different abilities although they are kinda same thing.
And his caster levels from Scion and PrC are counted in +x weapon damage calculations for his Arcane Strike (it was stack at +1 without them), and another elemental 1d4 + 1 as separate damage instance on each attack.

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I plan to start a Mystic Theurge+loremaster walkthrough: Legend Path, wizard/oracle.
Now I am ready to use gestalt leveling if needed (and remove caster level restriction, because fuck this shit with level 20 restriction for classes, I wanted to play wizard 40), but I cannot decide between Seeker and Philosopher subclasses for Oracle. I decided for Wizard to go Spell Master, although I can be wrong.
Now important question is race (thinking about aasimar or human) and how exactly ability scores should be distributed at the start of the game, because character will be MAD (fucking insane, if you ask me).
Any suggestions?
Perhaps it sounds crazy and convoluted, but I just want to play Legend as proper caster.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I plan to start a Mystic Theurge+loremaster walkthrough: Legend Path, wizard/oracle.
Now I am ready to use gestalt leveling if needed (and remove caster level restriction, because fuck this shit with level 20 restriction for classes, I wanted to play wizard 40), but I cannot decide between Seeker and Philosopher subclasses for Oracle. I decided for Wizard to go Spell Master, although I can be wrong.
Now important question is race (thinking about aasimar or human) and how exactly ability scores should be distributed at the start of the game, because character will be MAD (fucking insane, if you ask me).
Any suggestions?
Perhaps it sounds crazy and convoluted, but I just want to play Legend as proper caster.
You want to combine two classes that use same casting stat.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Any suggestions?
You want to combine two classes that use same casting stat.
There little problem with this - there no divine caster who uses Int as stat for casting (No occultist class or that one Inquisitor sub-class, Holic hasn't made a mod for WOTR). And why I want Int and not Char or Wis? Skills and also there plenty Char casters. And I decided against Wis caster because I have no inspiration to play one as right now. Damn this class level limit, otherwise I would be playing a single class caster.

Yosharian

Arcane

Nooo say it ain't true
Testing with my MC build, when I charge a Gallu under pounce totem I get x3 from Gendarme capstone and nothing else. No evidence of any Spirited Charge modifier at all. I'm wondering if Spirited Charge doesn't stack with it.

In the case of crits, I get (x4)(x3). (my scimitar crit multiplier is x4 in my test save)

Tested removing Spirited Charge, no change to damage output

Tested removing Transfixing Charge, Spirited Charge modifies the first attack in the charge, whether it is an AOO or an iterative, after that initial attack it no longer modifies damage rolls

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
This is definitely new behaviour because I have test data showing Transfixing Charge stacking with Spirited Charge:

spirited.jpg

https://ibb.co/PxVZpdn in case the direct image link fails

(don't be confused by the multipliers, the x3 is the weapon crit multiplier in this image)

I know this is the case because I remember discussing it with Vek and him being surprised that Spirited was stacking with Transfixing in a logical manner

So it looks like not only is Spirited Charge now only working for one attack, but it also doesn't stack with Transfixing in any way

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3310732036324091329
Important news, Pathfinders!

Next tuesday, September 27, we will be holding an AMA (Ask-Me-Anything) session on our subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/OwlcatGames/, devoted to the upcoming release of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Enhanced Edition!

Join us at 17:00 CEST/18:00 MSK/11 A.M. EDT/8 A.M. PDT and ask any questions about Pathfinder from the Community Management team and the following mythic Owlcat devs:

• Alexander Mishulin, Owlcat Games Creative Director
  • Arseniy Krymov, Pathfinder team Lead Narrative Designer
  • Ilya Kiselev, Pathfinder team Creative Director
  • Artem Safonov, Pathfinder team Lead Level Designer
See you soon!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom