Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I think maybe Spell Dancer gets one too? Can't remember. He's next up I think unless I find a good Eldritch Archer mod.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Let's see, 265-30 = 235 (the Trees are vulnerable to fire).
Trees are supposed to be vulnerable to the fire. That why I was so surprised that those Blighted Quickwoods or whatever they were called turned out to be fireproof. In the end I had more problems soloing them (4k xp) than Treant boss in the same area (60k xp) who properly burns like any tree should burn.

Lol, what specifically does Ember get that Nenio doesn't for nuking? Nenio is faster spell progression and can use meta without full action. This makes no sense.
She got ton of spell slots that are easy to manage on spontaneous caster and Vulnerability Hex. But thing is, nuking and Wierding are two different builds and Nenio could not do both at the same time well enough. She is also my prime candidate for achieving 24 hours-long Haste and lots of feats are required for this too.

Besides, Daeran is better at Hellfire Rays than both of them since he got +10 AB thanks to his medium bab and Divine Power.

Ember gets it on 2 separate spell levels for some reason, with abundant casting she has like 15 uses total or something.
In my endgame save Ember got 11 (lvl 6) + 11 (lvl 7) + 11(lvl 8) + 9 (lvl 9) = 42 Hellfire rays with different metamagical combos.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been playing a bit of the new DLC, and I have to say that the 15 minutes that I've played were very enjoyable. Skill checks. Exp for progression. Stereotypical rogue. For the 15 minutes I've played, I had a great time.

Look forward to more this weekend.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
WW doesn’t get any Cold spells until Prison/Cone either, you just meta the shit out of Snowball. Unlike Scorching it bypasses SR.
What would a good Snowball focused build be? Worth going for Winter Witch or just keep it simple with Wizard / Sorcerer + metamagics?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Ember can solo basically anything provided you can keep the demons off her ass. Touch AC targeting stuff is stupidly good.
More thanks to itemization, than just to mechanics. There are:
Sf55u7q.png

ECdV95s.png

5carvzw.png

pp9LuNY.png

axs8yTn.png

FzkdGBp.png
And most of them shine in particular in fire multi-ray spells, so Polar Ray gets the short end of the stick.

Ember is hilarious like that, Owlcat loved her so much that made archetype especially for her and filled game with items for that role. Even if it clashes with standard pathfinder's Witch roles.

You can alos add steady finger to the list, wich ended up on her, becasue it does not work with dimensional strike :negative:

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
WW doesn’t get any Cold spells until Prison/Cone either, you just meta the shit out of Snowball. Unlike Scorching it bypasses SR.
What would a good Snowball focused build be? Worth going for Winter Witch or just keep it simple with Wizard / Sorcerer + metamagics?

Shaman can take Metamagic with its Hex picks so ends up with effectively more bonus caster feats than tge dedicated casters.

Magi can use Arcana for Metamagic so you can stack it higher earlier.

Eldritch Archer can use xBow Spellstrike + Keen/Improved Crit to get 17-20 Crit

Play around with it and see what you like.

Desiderius

Patron
Trees are supposed to be vulnerable to the fire. That why I was so surprised that those Blighted Quickwoods or whatever they were called turned out to be fireproof. In the end I had more problems soloing them (4k xp) than Treant boss in the same area (60k xp) who properly burns like any tree should burn.

Lol, what specifically does Ember get that Nenio doesn't for nuking? Nenio is faster spell progression and can use meta without full action. This makes no sense.
She got ton of spell slots that are easy to manage on spontaneous caster and Vulnerability Hex. But thing is, nuking and Wierding are two different builds and Nenio could not do both at the same time well enough. She is also my prime candidate for achieving 24 hours-long Haste and lots of feats are required for this too.

Besides, Daeran is better at Hellfire Rays than both of them since he got +10 AB thanks to his medium bab and Divine Power.

Ember gets it on 2 separate spell levels for some reason, with abundant casting she has like 15 uses total or something.
In my endgame save Ember got 11 (lvl 6) + 11 (lvl 7) + 11(lvl 8) + 9 (lvl 9) = 42 Hellfire rays with different metamagical combos.

So much endgame. Who needs it by then?

24-hr haste on a companion really isn’t a thing and massive waste of resources even if it’s possible. If you’ve got 42 casts of a lvl-6 spell how could you possibly even need it?

Just use the buff mod for convenience and get favorite meta instead so you can go big with some fights left to make it relevant. Weirding is a couple feats and one Mythic and you can get Evo to the same level for one Mythic Feat.

No reason they should be mutually exclusive. Only reason I don’t nuke much with Nenio is because she’s got xBow/Frightful, but doing so is super cheap.

Only advantage you’ve identified for Ember is slightly more casts from spontaneous but Abundant Nenio gets plenty.

Humbaba

Arcane
High dmg touch AC rays are always needed when fighting anything big or those 1000HP Gallus in chapter 5. There's also loads of things in the late game that are either highly resistant or immune to most debuffs you wanna throw at them with Nenio, unless you build her specifically to jack up her DC's at which point one has to consider to opportunity cost of doing so instead of building her into a nuker. At that point you would also have to consider the opportunity cost of not just bringing along the designated nuker i.e. Ember instead of her and I'm not sure that calculation is in Nenio's favour. That's not even mentioning the fact that debuffs/disables generally aren't that great to begin with and you're better off relying on damage and buffs in most cases.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Impossible to play this game without running into big bugs all the time :(
Now I figured out that when you cast Greater Dispel Magic, game rolls only once and applies that to each spell you are trying to dispel which ends up with managing to dispel first 3 or fail them all... the right way should be one roll per spell until you dispelled 3 or went through whole list...

Sarathiour

Cipher
Break enchantement does not dispel curse, but does dispel your own buff. Also if you took any kind of dispel synergies you're going to end applying them to your own party.

:abyssgazer:

Daidre

Arcane
I like soloing huge chunks of chapter 1-2 and selected hard high-xp fights in chapters 3-4. So yes, my MCs built for early solo-viability and my party built around ch 4-6 challenges. Works well for me too because last dungeon of chapter 3 and later have some interesting difficulty spikes.
And already mentioned Gallus have immunity to mind-affecting from Nenio while endgame bosses have 50+ will saves. For example, Nenio rarely hits DC high enough to CC or insta-kill Deskari but dedicated ray-caster will burn him to crisp in round or two.

What is more important, you only given ~2-3 full turns to auto-win against demon lords. Well, or kinda auto-lose because you won't have all those cool dialogues for actually beating the shit out of them until the fight ended due to story reasons. So I prefer all my tools prepared and ready to fire when the time will come.

For example, Ineluctable Prison has two distinct variants depending on whether or not you won against ch 4 boss. If you won, it has different NPC in the lead and no power struggle between two factions.

Desiderius

Patron

Vulnerability means takes 50% more damage. Can still have Resists with that and Fire should still turn off regen there but I'd have to check. Seems like I remember those having another specific vulnerability that's relatively easy to exploit - although they do hose Bite attax so have to be careful.

Desiderius

Patron
Impossible to play this game without running into big bugs all the time :(
Now I figured out that when you cast Greater Dispel Magic, game rolls only once and applies that to each spell you are trying to dispel which ends up with managing to dispel first 3 or fail them all... the right way should be one roll per spell until you dispelled 3 or went through whole list...

Regular Dispel was doing that for awhile. So the coders who don't play probably broke Greater when they fixed regular. There are so many buffs Regular really didn't need the fix.

Humbaba

Arcane
For example, Ineluctable Prison has two distinct variants depending on whether or not you won against ch 4 boss. If you won, it has different NPC in the lead and no power struggle between two factions.

About that, I'm confused as to what really causes that difference.

I beat the game 3 times. On my first one, I didn't kill Baphomet, and there was no prison riot. On the second one, I did kill him and got the prison riot. But on my third, I also didn't kill him in time before Nocticula showed BUT I got the prison riot anyway.

Desiderius

Patron
I like soloing huge chunks of chapter 1-2 and selected hard high-xp fights in chapters 3-4. So yes, my MCs built for early solo-viability and my party built around ch 4-6 challenges. Works well for me too because last dungeon of chapter 3 and later have some interesting difficulty spikes.
And already mentioned Gallus have immunity to mind-affecting from Nenio while endgame bosses have 50+ will saves. For example, Nenio rarely hits DC high enough to CC or insta-kill Deskari but dedicated ray-caster will burn him to crisp in round or two.

What is more important, you only given ~2-3 full turns to auto-win against demon lords. Well, or kinda auto-lose because you won't have all those cool dialogues for actually beating the shit out of them until the fight ended due to story reasons. So I prefer all my tools prepared and ready to fire when the time will come.

Makes sense. By the time you (EDIT: ah I see your Nenio's underleveled because soloing) get to Gallus tho Nenio should have an strong alternative to Illusion, whether that's burn (including Force) or the weapon stuff I prefer to get the good procs. I play full party with all companions designed to do good damage so I'm less concerned with the damage from her but that's definitely a way you can go. You just take the Mythic Feat that copies your Feats to another school.

As for Deskari:

AldLegend40 Disarming Riftcarver.jpg

93ABvsDeskari.jpg

This was my Core run but probably enough of a cushion there for Unfair. Attacking Touch AC just not that high of a priority.

Disarming Riftcarver was kind of the goal of that run so fun to get there.

See also:

12 AC Savalamek.jpg

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
About that, I'm confused as to what really causes that difference.
Afaik:
If you lose against Baphomet - you get version with Drow priestess in charge and riot, and if you win - Marilith is in charge. At least for the most Mythics. IIRC, Angel muddied whole thing for me - you forced to fight Baphomet till you win properly, but game gave me same version of the Prison as a normal loss.
I hadn't played Lich or Aeon though and maybe trying to make deal with him (causes Regill's butthurt and mentioned later at least once) could also cause differences.

Desiderius

Patron
ember arcane trickster > ember witch

Come at me bitchez.

Sneaks are underpowered in Wrath.

If you want to play Octavia again just do it on Nenio (she gets Vitals). Main benefit of Witch class is the Major and Grand Hexes. And adding a (non-witch) Prestige even keeps your regular Hexes from ticking up to -4 and -6.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there any companions that can make good Skalds? Except Seelah, need her as a Paladin. Would prefer not to use a merc.

Also how do Lich companions work? Can you level one as a Skald?

Daidre

Arcane
Are there any companions that can make good Skalds? Except Seelah, need her as a Paladin. Would prefer not to use a merc.
If you don't use respec mod then Camelia is another decent variant with her 13 CHA and she will be only one level behind.
Both Mongrels and Woljif got awful CHA, so their casting will be harmed. And Daeran and Ember got stats but 3 Oracle/Witch levels means 3 lvls behind.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom