Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Bolster metamagic is 1 full round cast on ember.
Slightly less pathetic than the -2 AC of "muh hexes".

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there any companions that can make good Skalds? Except Seelah, need her as a Paladin. Would prefer not to use a merc.

Also how do Lich companions work? Can you level one as a Skald?

If you want to get the most out of a Skald go Azata MC so you can land your (very good) spells. Nobody else will be casting if they want the substantial benefit of their songs.

The companions in Wrath (aside from Lann) aren’t very well set up to go in different directions, unlike P:K. Seelah could but this setting is so insane for Pal that it isn’t worth it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
i mean, so are maximized and empowered.

You got a fair rods progression on those.
And sneak dmg is for free.

Opportunity cost, how does it work?

It’s not close to free.

There are Bolster Rods too. You need multiple Metas and can only use one Rod at a time.

-2 AC is +2 AB for your team. I.e. the equivalent of 4 STR/DEX. But I’d use Eye more for saves. Hampering is the good AC one. Ticks up to -4 just in time for Maugla, Shiv, Ghost, and Drezen bosses if you’re not stuck playing 3.5/P:K.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
i mean, so are maximized and empowered.

You got a fair rods progression on those.
And sneak dmg is for free.

Opportunity cost, how does it work?

It’s not close to free.

There are Bolster Rods too. You need multiple Metas and can only use one Rod at a time.

The fact you need multiple metas is the reason sneak is better than bolster, so you can stick to rods and avoid the full round casting.

sneak + maximizied rod > bolster meta + maximized rod.

Because it's 1 full round casting, capish boomer?

Delterius

Arcane
you can't do both because bolster negates precision damage. plus bolster is not just a substitute for sneak. it's also way stronger. and it's even stronger on a mythic trickster because bolster metamagic is multiplied on a crit, while sneak isn't. another advantage to not going AT on ember is that she won't be two levels behind on spell acquisition.

the part that kinda redeems AT is itemization. because AT PC can get the ambrosial attire of arcane annihilation.

Desiderius

Patron
The fact you need multiple metas is the reason sneak is better than bolster, so you can stick to rods and avoid the full round casting.

sneak + maximizied rod > bolster meta + maximized rod.

Because it's 1 full round casting, capish boomer?

Boomer? Boomers are watching golf or whatever. Xers are the first gamers.

I don’t need sneaks at all (on a nuker - I get them on weapons with Aru, Nenio, and Wolj via Vitals), but if I wanted some I wouldn’t do it with Ember.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Is it straight up stronger? You get the splash but the sneaks are more single-target damage aren’t they (when they work, which is less than people think)?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
you can't do both because bolster negates precision damage. plus bolster is not just a substitute for sneak. it's also way stronger. and it's even stronger on a mythic trickster because bolster metamagic is multiplied on a crit, while sneak isn't. another advantage to not going AT on ember is that she won't be two levels behind on spell acquisition.

the part that kinda redeems AT is itemization. because AT PC can get the ambrosial attire of arcane annihilation.

Who said to do both, we are talking about Ember here not MC, and sneak > hexes and bolster.
Also it would be 1 level behind, not 2.
In short cope, seethe, dilate and dial 8.

Delterius

Arcane
Who said to do both
the other guy in this thread
Also it would be 1 level behind, not 2.
ember is already one level behind due to her class archetype
Is it straight up stronger? You get the splash but the sneaks are more single-target damage aren’t they (when they work, which is less than people think)?
It depends. If you're casting snowballs then a 10d6 or 15d6 sneak is gonna be stronger than +2 damage per die. Bolster becomes stronger when you start to cast Hellfire Rays. Or God forbid crit with them.

ArchAngel

Arcane
More bugs!! I always find a lot of them when I do my runs :D
This time it is Loremaster. They actually added option to pick a spell from other class lists, I picked Divine Power for Nenio and after Finish, spell is nowhere to be found on her spell list :D

Desiderius

Patron
Nenio is good place to use all the garbage Divine Favor scrolls you find since her class ups the CL. Can also make Vitals scrolls early and get full value late.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nenio is good place to use all the garbage Divine Favor scrolls you find since her class ups the CL. Can also make Vitals scrolls early and get full value late.
I actually had no idea what to pick and Divine Favor helps when I run into enemies with good touch AC. I cannot cast scrolls as swift action on turn 1

Sarathiour

Cipher
This time it is Loremaster. They actually added option to pick a spell from other class lists, I picked Divine Power for Nenio and after Finish, spell is nowhere to be found on her spell list :D
A some point loremaster also allowed you to pick trickster feat, idk if that's still the case.

Desiderius

Patron
Re: Azata Skald

There’s a decent amount of item support for Sonic spells, few foes have resists/immunities, they often come with Daze/Stun, and they attack Fort which is the weak caster save.

Azata lets you get your Enchantment DCs into the 40s with disadvantage on saves letting you use them on almost anything, especially with Mind Fog set-up.

Scion is usually best Skald since it lets you share TW feats but the timing can be a little clunky so with Azata giving you the TW mythic that opens up the class to try some of the other subtypes.

I like Guarded Stance (scaling team AC and two good secondary abilities) + Animal Totems (group Pounce at lvl 10) but there are a lot of ways you can go.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A some point loremaster also allowed you to pick trickster feat, idk if that's still the case.

Indeed. Enjoyed having Trickster Improved Improved Improved Critical Improved on my Charging Angel.

But it was supposed to be fixed in the last patch.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Impossible to play this game without running into big bugs all the time :(
Now I figured out that when you cast Greater Dispel Magic, game rolls only once and applies that to each spell you are trying to dispel which ends up with managing to dispel first 3 or fail them all... the right way should be one roll per spell until you dispelled 3 or went through whole list...
The wording of greater dispel is ambiguous on whether or not that's intended, the fact that it specifically starts at the highest CL spell and goes down CL from there sort of implies that you only get one CL check. I agree that the way the game is designed it would make more sense to reroll the CL check on each spell since most enemies have buffs that are all exactly the same CL. Maybe dispelling lower spell level effects should be easier than higher ones which would also help mitigate the issue.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Bolster metamagic is 1 full round cast on ember.
Slightly less pathetic than the -2 AC of "muh hexes".

-2 AC on harder difficulties sometimes means hitting boss on 18-20 or only 20.

Also -2 AC from shaman and witch hexes stack, so you are looking at -4 AC. And -8 AC later after -2 turns into -4 AC per hex

ArchAngel

Arcane
More bugs.... I got Elk as a mount for Camalia, and now when it is moving around, it does not turn in the direction of the movement but glides sideways everywhere...

EDIT: OK , restart of the game at least fixed this.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I actually had no idea what to pick and Divine Favor helps when I run into enemies with good touch AC. I cannot cast scrolls as swift action on turn 1

Use them pre-combat. They last one minute (ten rounds). Why do people think you have to cast Divine Spells in combat? Never get this.

Divine Power scales up to +6/+6 (Favor is only +3/+3)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom