Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I misread that as engage. Would be more accurate. I’m a friendly guy.

Off to try out Enderal. Tips appreciated.

Desiderius

Patron
Wrath is sort of playable now, if you don’t mind the sort of lacunae P:K had where they’d obviously lost interest before fully fleshing out an idea.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Hi, big fan of Kingmaker here. What's the deal with all the LGBTQ+ NPCs? I thought I was going on a crusade to fight demons, but at this point, the demons don't seem much worse than the warriors of light. Is that that Avellone subtlety in action you guys are always talking about? Like, there is no good and evil kind of Nietzschean dilemma?

Desiderius

Patron
Avellone sidelined himself evidently trying to suck up to the SJWs. Never a good idea.

The ghey shit is easily ignored. A couple non-companion NPCs in a Boston Marriage (one trans evidently). A buck-broken black guy makes one ambiguous pass that you can swat away. Female MC can try to tame a succubus? Don't know one dialogue choice and it's gone.

General policy is don't ask don't tell.

No mandatory pronouns or shit like that. On the other hand if you play with voices Daeran's is insufferable.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It’s trivial to stop something I haven’t done in the first place. How about you answer my questions?

As for hitting a nerve, why would it be such a bad thing if it did? Is your reputation so meaningless to you that you care not when it is falsely impugned? Would you feel better if I treated you as beneath notice rather than the alternative?

Mediocre is better than awful, and poetry beats prose.

Why doth thou not answereth mine queries? If you shitpost, do I not bleed? Mine heart is woundeth! :betrayed:

Man this thread went places. Anyway, are you Lilura's alt? If not, you did a pretty good impression today. Kudos to you.

Other than that, that you apparently took everything in terms of your Codex username or something speaks volumes. Your reputation, such as it is, has no doubt been unaffected by anything anyone says about you on the Codex. Your posts and ignore list speak louder than anyone else ever could.

So, sorry I hurt your fee fees and once again emasculated you in front of the only audience that you care about, apparently. :mixedemotions:

Desiderius

Patron
Game’s already well ahead of where P:K was at launch. We’ll know more about classes when next beta hits. Still some weapon procs missing as well. Mythic stuff seems to be all in as far as I can tell. HoMM very bare bones.

TumblingTorin

Educated
Chapter 1-4 will probably be in good shape at launch. Chapter 1-2 is pretty good, it doesn't have that many bugs. Chapter 3-4 needs more refinement. Later chapters will most likely be very rough because that's when a lot of stuff will be happening like the mythic transformations and the results of our many decisions.

Mechanics are in a decent place right now. Kingmaker created a very solid base for Wrath to build upon. Not all new classes and archetype are finished yet, some still need ability descriptions. The UI for the full class preview needs more work (for example, when right-clinking over the fighter lv 20 section, it says my BAB is 19/14/9/4, basically giving me lv 19 stats). Animal riding still need to be applied properly on all the animals. Hopefully these will be resolved by the time the new beta is released.

In the end, who knows how buggy the game will be? Owlcat have a habit of breaking things after fixing something else, but they have to fuck up greatly to put the game to the same level as Kingmaker at launch.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've been through the prologue about two or three times now. Seemed fine to me. Don't know what later chapters will be like. I mean. It can't be any worse than Chalice 2's version 1.0 - where the game would crash on me by virtue of me glancing at it. Beating Chalice 2 on ver 1.0 was a test of pure will.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only thing I am confused why is a bunch of you guys playing this Alpha and then Beta and spoiling yourselves...

ferratilis

Magister
Shhh, let them play. The more they play and report bugs, the more we can enjoy the game on release. Codex is doing everyone a service here, and you have my salute :salute:

Desiderius

Patron
She does have Babushka energy. Hand that rocks the cradle…

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I imagine this game will be in a pretty solid state by the end of the year or early next year. Have they discussed DLC yet at all, or is it still too early for that?

I misread that as engage. Would be more accurate. I’m a friendly guy.

Grab the SE bug fix mod. Otherwise, you don't really need mods.

Efe

Erudite
The alpha of this forum is Haplo, and there are several others ahead of me like Efe and ArchAngel. They’ve been smacking me down for over two years when I say something stupid like Salvo did here.
:hug:
for the record I consider desiderius a better player than me.
He researches his topics and plays his builds (which puts him ahead of %99 of pathfinder "char builders") and doesnt blindly dig heels when confronted alternate opinions.
I try to pay attention what and why of builds but nowhere near as much as he.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
For the record, I like to needle people when I think they're getting too far up their own ass and annoying me. Desiderius is a fine community member, if a bit insufferable at times and needing to not take himself so seriously.

Besides, I still think most of my jabs were hilarious. Especially the code of the gunslinger stuff.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I want to create a 20fighter/20barbarian as a legend since you can get the mythic legend to level 40. Should I build a legend on my first playthrough or wait? It doesn't seem like a mythic you would pick on your first playthrough

Sharpedge

Prophet
Desiderius it may be a bit too late for advice now since I am only loosely following this thread (waiting for the game release before I touch it), but if you are looking for Enderal advice, there are some decent enough posts about the game starting on page 14 of this thread by Phos (just a warning, his posts do go full in on spoilers at times if you wish to avoid them). A small personal note on his advice on how to build a character, I don't think that any of the different paths are substantially better than the others when building a character to the point where you should feel forced to play one thing (I did try quite a few different builds all on the hardest difficulty), but I did quite enjoy the playstyle of the Entropy mage, having to deal with your spells inflicting self damage did add a bit more spice to the gameplay. The game's content picks up a lot once you reach the main city of Ark though, so I would recommend rushing to Ark and then slowing it down a bit and exploring once you get there.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom