Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
unassuming enemies wrecking your shit (unless they're mythic) like the 40+ Str owlbears in Kingmaker.

I know, right?

Also hoping they do something about the Load Game function. You have to hit that tiny little button with your mouse to even bring up the menu and with all these rolls of fat it's a tall order to get my cursor all the way over there, and no way I'm making it all the way to the, what, Escape Key? Who remembers key mapping amirite? Plus Load has the same number of letters as Save, who can tell the difference?

Is it too much to ask for a mindreading device in Wrath, Owlcat?

user

Savant
Do we know if there is any perma/auto spell quicken effect anywhere in items or mythics?

Yes, I've belatedly realized that my Bloodrager MC has two, one from class one from Mythic ability. Only one Swift action per round though.

Ah, great, passive spell effects in DnD endgame are awesome, and from what I've seen from your screenshots there seems to be quite a few of them.

Desiderius

Patron
1) Owlbears aren't supposed to be unassuming

2) If you've got enough of a handle on the skill system to get to them without insane save scumming you can also figure out what their weak save is and what their not very strong save is and manage the fight without them getting to use that STR at all. Or you know just use Frigid Touch.

3) There's no quest (until you're plenty strong to own them) that sends you there and little reward for doing so (I'm a bigger fan of Swordsman's Passion than most but no one whining about Owlbear difficulty is going to have any use for it). Figuring out what challenges to tackle when was an integral part of such games prior to the great MMO dumbdown. Don't be dumb.

Salvo

Arcane
1) Owlbears aren't supposed to be unassuming

2) If you've got enough of a handle on the skill system to get to them without insane save scumming you can also figure out what their weak save is and what their not very strong save is and manage the fight without them getting to use that STR at all. Or you know just use Frigid Touch.

3) There's no quest (until you're plenty strong to own them) that sends you there and little reward for doing so (I'm a bigger fan of Swordsman's Passion than most but no one whining about Owlbear difficulty is going to have any use for it). Figuring out what challenges to tackle when was an integral part of such games prior to the great MMO dumbdown. Don't be dumb.

They're also not supposed to have 40 STR

Come on Desu what got your pants in a twist this time?

Desiderius

Patron
40 STR is nothing. 60 STR is nothing if they can't hit you. On top of that there's no reason to fight them in the first place. "Not supposed to" because PnP? Newsflash - this isn't PnP genius.

I want challenging games. People making shit up to get faceroll is diametrically opposed to getting what I want. I will own such people by any and all means at my disposal.

Salvo

Arcane
40 STR is nothing. 60 STR is nothing if they can't hit you. On top of that there's no reason to fight them in the first place. "Not supposed to" because PnP? Newsflash - this isn't PnP genius.

I want challenging games. People making shit up to get faceroll is diametrically opposed to getting what I want. I will own such people by any and all means at my disposal.
Never have I advocated for making PF easier, you know? Whatever

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

He's unable to achieve anything with his life, so he tries to be alpha in forums and games. It's sad, really. :cry:

Salvo

Arcane

He's unable to achieve anything with his life, so he tries to be alpha in forums and games. It's sad, really. :cry:
Desu is the type of person that thinks being able to skip cutscenes is bad game design so eh

Salvo

Arcane
Own your bullshit, man. Read the list.

Git gud.
You need to work on your reading comprehension and/or get a pair of glasses. I never complained about the Owlbears being too hard, only that you wouldn't expect them to have 40 STR, expecially if you come from a tabletop background.

TumblingTorin

Educated
I wonder what stuff will be hidden in the new beta. Maybe add the rest of the mythic portraits in the files. I wonder if they will give Sosiel's brother a portrait in the beta or leave that for the final release.

Desiderius

Patron

What exactly is it that you think I’ve been unable to achieve, Mr., er, Mediocre? Project much?

The alpha of this forum is Haplo, and there are several others ahead of me like Efe and ArchAngel. They’ve been smacking me down for over two years when I say something stupid like Salvo did here.

I’m just continuing my yeoman effort to cut down on the P:K fog of war produced by the buggy release and people, including some prominent loudmouths, seeing what they expected to see instead of what was there.

Judging by where the conventional wisdom is now I’ve already, er, achieved a great deal of what I set out to do.

Ever had that feeling, or just the mediocrity of the man afraid to venture anything at all?

Salvo

Arcane

What exactly is it that you think I’ve been unable to achieve, Mr., er, Mediocre? Project much?

The alpha of this forum is Haplo, and there are several others ahead of me like Efe and ArchAngel. They’ve been smacking me down for over two years when I say something stupid like Salvo did here.

I’m just continuing my yeoman effort to cut down on the P:K fog of war produced by the buggy release and people, including some prominent loudmouths, seeing what they expected to see instead of what was there.

Judging by where the conventional wisdom is now I’ve already, er, achieved a great deal of what I set out to do.

Ever had that feeling, or just the mediocrity of the man afraid to venture anything at all?
I think you're being just a tad pretentious here

Desiderius

Patron
Again, what is it you imagine that I am pretending?

Saravan

Savant
Desiderius sorry, I seem to have hit a nerve. Simmer down before you burst a blood vessel. Don't you have a soothing 100 AC pic somewhere to salve your ego?

Doubtful the forum servers can handle another screenshot novel from Desiderius.

Oh shit, I hear something about mediocrity and an obscure philosophy reference in the distance. He is coming isn't he?

Desiderius

Patron
I produce content. You produce anklebiting.

Which one correlates more with mediocrity?

Care for a poll? I lose I leave the Kotex for good. You lose you look in the mirror for once in your miserable life and ask yourself how you can suck less.

Deal?

Salvo

Arcane

Care for a poll? I lose I leave the Kotex for good.

Deal?
But I don't want you to leave the Codex, just to stop acting like you're the second coming of Christ

Deal?

Desiderius

Patron
It’s trivial to stop something I haven’t done in the first place. How about you answer my questions?

As for hitting a nerve, why would it be such a bad thing if it did? Is your reputation so meaningless to you that you care not when it is falsely impugned? Would you feel better if I treated you as beneath notice rather than the alternative?

Mediocre is better than awful, and poetry beats prose.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant

Care for a poll? I lose I leave the Kotex for good. You lose you look in the mirror for once in your miserable life and ask yourself how you can suck less.

Deal?

I'm sorry to inform you that scouring forum posts to find literally any angle to insert your autism about Pathfinder and edgelord over people's differing opinions on said game isn't producing content, it just means you have literally no life.

Desiderius

Patron
I lose I leave the Kotex for good.
Dude, calm down. Like... calm down. We have few decent people here enough already. Patience is a virtue.

I’m perfectly calm. It is in fact the case that I do have competing demands on my time and if the Kotex agrees with these anklebiters that my time is wasted here then it would definitely be better spent elsewhere.

Desiderius

Patron

Deal?

I'm sorry to inform you that scouring forum posts to find literally any angle to insert your autism about Pathfinder and edgelord over people's differing opinions on said game isn't producing content, it just means you have literally no life.

None of this is true.

What is gained by spouting counterfactuals all over the place?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There is amazing amount of people on this forum that can enrage Desiderius . It's kind of funny.

christ this year went by fast, this game releases fucking soon, cant wait!!!
You will probably have to wait until 2022 for the game to be playable. Note, that I did not write "autumn of 2022".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom