Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

sstacks

Arcane
Rolled a sword saint and fucked around for a couple of hours. Not sure I understand what this class is about, think I'll reroll because something isn't working.

Tooltips not dissapearing on char creation is annoying. Another bug was that the force field in the last fight against the assassins didn't dissapear forcing me to reload.

Characters slowing down before you hit the weight limit is annoying as fuck.

Sword Saint is a hyper focused Magus from what I can tell.. everything is about being amazing at that one weapon and channeling touch spells through it.

sstacks

Arcane
Updated character creation in the Beta version. Pretty nice stuff! Shane recreates his Magus from the Alpha knowing better how the class works now. NOTE: This video is character creation only. Next video starts gameplay.

sstacks

Arcane
They are slow because they are overloaded with loot, because that's the way stash works.. no?

The slowness I've seen doesn't seem to relate to a character's encumbrance. Also, there's shared stash carrying cap and individual character carrrying cap.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The game looks sweet, it’s Got that going for it. That character customization looks orgasmic.

Edit:by the way Infinitron, did they say anything about when Codex backers would get the game and such?

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Weightlimit is a known bug and it will be fixed in the next patch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Edit:by the way Infinitron, did they say anything about when Codex backers would get the game and such?

Er when it's released. If you're not an alpha or beta backer.

No clue what I am, donated via the Codex campaign. I was asking when we have to do the backer portal thing

You donated $75, putting you at the Lore Explorer tier. Beta is $95 and above.

I'm not sure if they've set up all of our backers with portal accounts, they might be too busy. You may have to wait until the game is released for that. But you can check here: https://owlcatgames.com/preorder/account

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As you know, I wouldn't play beta even if I had access ;)

(Though I might have given the key to someone)

I was merely curious when we could redeem our stuffies.

jungl

Augur
Watching the lets plays this game looking too much like pillars of eternity. All I see is combat in the same copy pasted green fields and few interesting design when it comes to quests. Kingdom building looks like basic added fluff made for the ADD sandbox minecraft crowd, overall lazy design. There nothing wrong with forgoing quests and making this more a hack and slash experience map to map if they make the map design part of it unique. Like you can alter the maps you already been too with your kingmaking decisions. Introduce human or monsters to live there cause you good or evil etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there anybody here who pledged for the beta directly and not via the Codex fundraiser?

Ent

Savant
Being able to chose the handedness of a character seems useless but makes me giddy nonetheless.

sstacks

Arcane
BETRAYAL IN THE NIGHT after being given a quest to claim your own country! Opening battle and introduction to your companions, including an overeager bard, a cleric who needs a pep talk, a barbarian who fits the mold, and an undead elf with a scythe (plus, let's be honest, the sorcerer Tartuccio is almost certainly a baddie). Puzzling suits of armor protect a possible cache?

[Note: around the 48 minute mark the video gets choppy. Not sure what caused that, it's never happend on my game videos before. Justy FYI!]

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Are bards in this game?

By the way is there ANY game with an awesome bard in it? The only remotely interesting (and the only real bardish) bard character in any game is Dandelion in The Witcher, and he's not playable. Most of the time they're reduced to casting support spells that other classes can too. I love playing bards in D&D but videogames? Nah.

Elex

Arbiter
Are bards in this game?

By the way is there ANY game with an awesome bard in it? The only remotely interesting (and the only real bardish) bard character in any game is Dandelion in The Witcher, and he's not playable. Most of the time they're reduced to casting support spells that other classes can too. I love playing bards in D&D but videogames? Nah.
well what is supposed to do a bard in a videogame? I mean generally don't even mage have a deep and interesting spellcasting aspect.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Iolo...

frajaq

Erudite
As much as I was disappointed in Tyranny, I always liked how Sirin and her bard-like powers worked in the game

The mechanics definitely don't translate well into D&D-like games but it's a good place of reference if the devs wanted to make something interesting for the class

Like besides the obvious passive auras from songs they could have very good buffs or CC, but always single target

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
They can't invent their own thing in this game, it has to be a standard Pathfinder bard.

How are Pathfinder bards Grunker?

Ent

Savant
Bards are pretty good in Pathfinder all 2/3 casters (bard, magus, inquisitor, alchemist etc.) are in general.

frajaq

Erudite
If there are Pathfinders experts on codex can we get a Tier List of the classes at least

2house2fly

Magister
How involved is MCA in this? Did he write some of a companion's ambient dialogue or provide "feedback" on the main story?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How involved is MCA in this? Did he write some of a companion's ambient dialogue or provide "feedback" on the main story?
I think Chris answered this directly somewhere else, but I can't find a link to it. (I think he's writing one or two of the companions, in addition to narrative review/design.)

Anyway, here's what Owlcat said he was doing:
So Chris not only reviews all narrative design elements, but he also does a lot of work to assist with the story and characters, as well as doing writing, assisting with chapter outlines, and also companion design (inc. writing companion dialogue) - it's a collaborative process, and we exchange ideas frequently.

Edit:
Is Avellone actually writing this or is it another conceptualizing type of thing?
He is helping with design of quests that were not already done, he went over existing content and gave them his thoughts. He is also writing 3 NPCs (one of them is the barbarian chick).

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Watched the video and critically failed my hype resistance check. This really does look promising. Really smart tutorial area.

:hype:

EDIT: is it worth paying up for beta access? Have I gone mad for even considering this? I just spent several hours in the sun and I worry that prolonged exposure to daylight has addled my wits.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom