Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh, no! How will I function if I can't romance the companions or name my capital city?!
It's more about cutting out features... don't care bout romance but pickpocketing is a nice feature
Nice but not required. They can always add that back later or have it for next game. And unlike AD&D, Rogues are not only useful for their thief skills so something like pickpocketing is not really needed to make rogues/bards more useful.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh, no! How will I function if I can't romance the companions or name my capital city?!
It's more about cutting out features... don't care bout romance but pickpocketing is a nice feature
At least they know what to cut. If and when the cutting time starts, cutting fluff like romances and cosmetics like naming your city is much preferable to anything else.
Well the cutting could be because of internal drama,like writer not wanting to give them their script.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well the cutting could be because of internal drama,like writer not wanting to give them their script.

Nah. Even well-managed projects can get into a situation where they have to cut something. But if it's well-managed they start cutting basically trivial things that nobody will notice. An example of bad management leading to a mangled game due to cuts and other shenanigans is obviously PoE1.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
An example of bad management leading to a mangled game due to cuts and other shenanigans is obviously every single Obsidian game.
Fixed.

Eh, I was lenient on them because you can easily blame publishers before PoE. There are no excuses for PoE.
Was Pillars really "mangled", though? I couldn't say, but the twenty or so hours I played were very polished, I'd say even remarkably so considering Obsdian's track record. Did they botch the last act or something?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Was Pillars really "mangled", though? I couldn't say, but the twenty or so hours I played were very polished, I'd say even remarkably so considering Obsdian's track record. Did they botch the last act or something?

Yes, everything after Maerwald has a stench of the cut, or at least underdevelopment. Maybe cut wasn't the right word, underdevelopment is. They actually tried to cram everything they promised in the KS in there and ended up half-assing it, but that was due to mismanagement. And Josh Sawyer's strange requests, like 150 maps (or some other number) while Feargus was only allowing 130 (or something), but all the extra maps went to trivial bullshit like little hovels nobody goes into or before-and-after maps of the inn in Caed Nua.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to bait anyone. This community needs a reality check.

The infinity engine games are overhyped. Most people wouldn't enjoy them anymore, and it's for more reason than because they're old.

its because modern people are dumber and all have ADHD because of their iphones and twitter etc..I too have been affected by this, and struggle to force myself to not be completely overcome by this disease. People can not pay attention to anything now, and really seem dumber than they used to be. Even me, I admit.

An example. I used to play complicated board wargames like Advanced Third Reich, DAK, Case Blue etc..the first game I ever played I was 11 or 12 and read the instructions to Advanced third Reich and taught my 10 year old brother how to play. I was able to do this over the course of a week or so. Recently I decided to see if I still liked these type of games, so I pulled out my copy of DAK II and began reading the rules. It was much more difficult for me to learn compared to when I was 11. The main issues were my ability to focus for long periods of time seems completely destroyed by modern ways of communication and how we live our lives now. I do not consider this to be a positive development and fight to try and keep as much of my more patient and less ADHD self from being completely lost.

You are aiming for a cheap victory Lilura,should challenge Safav and his inside leaks and deep knowledge of games.

I challenge anyone, fullstop.

I've put this out before, looking for a worthy lone-wolf competitor: If you're such a good writer, if you know so much about the Renaissance, then start blogging: you will be crushed by my King Content.

Do you know how boring it is being at the top, looking down like an eagle? I need competition in order to become better.

But instead of squaring up and taking on the challenge, they go quiet or fall into a fit of butthurt and rage. Reddit is hilarious in this respect.
is there some sort of blog combat
You are aiming for a cheap victory Lilura,should challenge Safav and his inside leaks and deep knowledge of games.

I challenge anyone, fullstop.

I've put this out before, looking for a worthy lone-wolf competitor: If you're such a good writer, if you know so much about the Renaissance, then start blogging: you will be crushed by my King Content.

Do you know how boring it is being at the top, looking down like an eagle? I need competition in order to become better.

But instead of squaring up and taking on the challenge, they go quiet or fall into a fit of butthurt and rage. Reddit is hilarious in this respect.
I have no idea what you are even talking about. Could you explain to me in detail or given an example of what you mean?

Like some nerd starts writing about 10th century peasant life in north central france, and then...???? You crush them? What do you mean? You call them morons, or go into some long detail about how their version of mid-evil grain production and bread making is totally retarded? What exactly happens? How do you know who wins? Are there judges? TIA

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
new.gif

Huh I ques I missed it... they removed romance option for companions. And you cannot chose name for capital city and flag... and no pick-pocketing....they are cutting features left and right to fit in release window.

they have 14 character classes, 3 arch types and prestige classes, most or many of the spells for clerics and MU's included, and much more. The game already has a lot of content. I assume they will end up including the cut stuff, if the game sells well. They may need the influx of money from the release though.

I went to your website and it seems I totally misunderstood. I thought you were writing a blog about the actual IRL Renaissance and was going to ask you if you knew any good documentaries on mid-evil life in europe because just the other day I was looking for such a thing and could not really find what I was looking for.

I see you meant the RPG Renaissance, and actually your blog looks to have some good content and some articles/advice/opinions that I sometimes have questions about (like best NWN modules etc...)... so ignore my initial question of course...:salute:

Thonius

Arcane
Huh I ques I missed it... they removed romance option for companions. And you cannot chose name for capital city and flag... and no pick-pocketing....they are cutting features left and right to fit in release window.

they have 14 character classes, 3 arch types and prestige classes, most or many of the spells for clerics and MU's included, and much more. The game already has a lot of content. I assume they will end up including the cut stuff, if the game sells well. They may need the influx of money from the release though.
Belive me, retards will rant about not being able to stick their virtual pee pee in wee wee.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane

Lacrymas

Arcane
Is Regongar the twink orc? Isn't Octavia the vampiress? What are you trying to imply about bisexuals, Owlcat?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I see they keep up with bioware tradition of making the most boring companions romanceable especially hetero - the not-paladins proudly continue such traditional masterpieces like ohnomen, carth, bastila, kasavir, and other awful dreadfuly dull characters.

bioware_romances_by_epantiras.jpg

Octavia is foxy looking elf thief/mage so eh. gif

Lacrymas

Arcane
Meh, the vampiress would've been hotter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom